• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Anime] Shipping Debates

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    Say what you will, Iris can only dream to touch Ash's hand as much a Dawn did :3.

They had a hig hhive in like every episode so beat that Iris XD.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    AK47, I think you should look at the activity of the manga shipping and random club shipping threads before you suggest to split off the thread into more dead threads. Don't just pass this off because it's me saying it, I'm being serious.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I CAN pass you off because I know you're posting at 3 AM in your time zone, Jorah >__>

Buut, I consider all opinions and the majority pool of opinions. I'm not saying I really wanted the idea, It's just something that might be useful to consider now or in the future.

Say what you will, Iris can only dream to touch Ash's hand as much a Dawn did :3.

They had a hig hhive in like every episode so beat that Iris XD.

Damn it! Hmm... did Dawn travel with Ash because she had the hots for him, or because they were heading the same destination? Iris is traveling with Ash for a completely unknown reason. And by default, it means hots for him. Just like Misty's case, except her excuse was a bike and Iris's excuse is more miserable, in which she claims that Ash is following her.

Any questions?

Shedinjareese

Undercover Rocket
    Years
    My sister went through a phase of watching this show through the summer holidays...I was around at the time in the living room and...yeah...
    >_>
    <_<

Holy cow do we live in the same house or something?! That exact same thing happened to me! I ship Freddy/Sam too

I don't know what splitting the shipping thread would do anymore except spread out the conversation. We rarely have multiple conversations going on at once, showing that it's a fairly linear path of tangenting from one subject to the next as each becomes relevant.

I hope Iris's English voice is good. Honestly sometimes the voice alone makes me like or not like a character and therefore ship or not ship them with someone I like. Har har.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    Yah, we don't know why Iris is going with Ash at all, she just kind of follows him and trys making up an excuse that he's following herXD I think its cuz she likes likes him. Dawn, she liked Pikachu and wanted to get to know him more and than had more of a friendship with Ash as the show went on. With Iris, there is no bike so she can't say she followed Ash cuz of the bike, that was Mistys and Mays excuse at least. With Dawn, it was Pikachu LOL. Iris, like said we don't really get a reason...I do wonder what Dento's reason will be for following? I think he likes likes Ash too, oh no's a love triangle LOL.

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    No. Dento is going to follow Ash because he wants to follow his dream of becoming a musical star, all the contest locations are just so ever conveniently and incidentally in the same places as Ash's gym battles, and Dento got kicked out by his brothers.

Iris is the only girl so far to follow Ash with no good excuse. That's one point for Negaishipping.

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2012
    Iris is the only girl so far to follow Ash with no good excuse. That's one point for Negaishipping.
    No excuse yet (or one she's willing to reveal). May didn't really have one at first ("going my way" then "I'll do something with my journey" then "Contests!"); Iris' not going to waste her screen time on mediocre stunts that doesn't benefit her own goals (and we know that those revolve around her eventual arrival at Souryuu City, and her special abilities).

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    AdvancedK47 said:
    I CAN pass you off because I know you're posting at 3 AM in your time zone, Jorah >__>

Never mind that. I've brought that up with her before, but she just brushes that aside. Her computer usage times are quite unusual.

Either Iris has got something for Ash, or, like the writers are following the intentions of Game Freak to start everything all over again (pushing the Reset button) and make it have another relationship similar to Misty's.

I'll just be glad that Iris won't be acting like a total noob--for once. The past two gals were doing precisely that--around this time in their respective sagas.

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Either way, it's going to be a nice advantage for Negaishipping ^_^

Also Jorah, another point, this thread is actually active, and by splitting into a few subtopics, it will encourage people to participate in more madness. Look, I'm sure it would be a nice idea, I thought about it. If it doesn't work we can merge the thread back together. We'll make this thread depreciated for a while, and maybe just lower it if it goes well. Of course, I want more opinions before I propose this to Hiiro.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    No excuse yet (or one she's willing to reveal). May didn't really have one at first ("going my way" then "I'll do something with my journey" then "Contests!"); Iris' not going to waste her screen time on mediocre stunts that doesn't benefit her own goals (and we know that those revolve around her eventual arrival at Souryuu City, and her special abilities).

Eh? May used that same excuse Misty did at the begining but unlike Misty she didn't bring it up again later on.
    Spoiler:
    that don't helpXD You do bring up a point though, Ash must be helping her some how, but legendaries or Ash is one of them...

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Holy cow do we live in the same house or something?! That exact same thing happened to me! I ship Freddy/Sam too

I think you do. Get out from behind my settee :(

Never mind that. I've brought that up with her before, but she just brushes that aside. Her computer usage times are quite unusual.

Because you already know why

Also Jorah, another point, this thread is actually active, and by splitting into a few subtopics, it will encourage people to participate in more madness. Look, I'm sure it would be a nice idea, I thought about it. If it doesn't work we can merge the thread back together. We'll make this thread depreciated for a while, and maybe just lower it if it goes well. Of course, I want more opinions before I propose this to Hiiro.

If you split it, I could see that all the threads would just end up with hardly any posts and it'll be even more difficult to keep up a conversation. This thread only really works anymore on the constant conversation of us four, and other people work around that. If we weren't here, this would be dead, too. I can't see everyone wanting to try to keep the conversation up everywhere else as well, but who knows. When you split the manga shipping away from this thread, all you've made happen is that manga shippings, basically, can't be discussed anywhere on the forum anymore, since it's dead >_> That's what'll happen when you do this, really. There isn't enough conversation to hold out to limiting to all those topics on this forum. It works in places like Serebii and Bulbagarden since they have way more users and way more of them interested in that sort of thing, but it's becoming apparent there isn't the activity or interest here :/

The only one that ever really gets any attention on this board is "Who does Ash like?", anything else will be ignored.

Quote me on this when I'm wrong. This can be the first sticky post in the shipping forum that you're yearning to mod over, AK47.

Wow, that was tl;dr

Last edited:

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    >__> right, it was my bright idea to split manga shipping. But it's not my fault the Manga people don't enjoy shipping.

Alright. So then what is the reason people won't post in this thread, if it's not that we are all keeping our own conversation and intimidating away. This thread has 15,000 views of out of not even 1,000 posts. What do you think that means? It doesn't take my Calculus teacher's course in Statistics AP to know.

I think our problem is that we are not allowing others to have a topic. But you've never exactly presented another possible troubleshooting result.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Hey, I'm not telling you not to do it. Do it if you like. I'm just saying so I can say I told you so afterwards. :D I'm not here with a solution, I'm just criticising :D Gotta be aware it might not work, right? That's what I'm doing for you ~ Giving you another opinion on what might happen.

Has so many views because it's a sticky. Look at the Sick of Ash thread (ohh, memories) https://www.pokecommunity.com/forum...ge=1&pp=30&sort=views&order=desc&daysprune=-1 pretty much the same post/views as this thread, and it isn't a sticky

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    Damn it! Hmm... did Dawn travel with Ash because she had the hots for him, or because they were heading the same destination? Iris is traveling with Ash for a completely unknown reason. And by default, it means hots for him. Just like Misty's case, except her excuse was a bike and Iris's excuse is more miserable, in which she claims that Ash is following her.

Any questions?

Actually, although it's not explicitly stated, Iris figured that if Ash met Zekroam not once but twice, he might have a v. high likelihood of meeting Zekroam a third time. And as we know Iris is looking for legendary dragon pokemon, that gives her a reason to tag along.

I say Ash likes Misty, coz I mean why else would he keep Misty's lure and not allow Dawn to touch it if it meant nothing to him?

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I say Ash likes Misty, coz I mean why else would he keep Misty's lure and not allow Dawn to touch it if it meant nothing to him?

If your best friend gave you a cookie, and a girl you've only seen for not even a week wants to see the cookie, would you let her? Does that mean you like your best friend? No, you just like the damn cookie and don't trust the other random girl.

Hey, I'm not telling you not to do it. Do it if you like. I'm just saying so I can say I told you so afterwards. :D I'm not here with a solution, I'm just criticising :D Gotta be aware it might not work, right? That's what I'm doing for you ~ Giving you another opinion on what might happen.

I swear, you're gonna feel so bad for leading me the wrong direction the day this thread gets 2-3 pages per day.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    Jorah said:
    Because you already know why

Um, no I don't.

AdvancedK47 said:
    But it's not my fault the Manga people don't enjoy shipping.

Oi, I resent that remark. Hiiro or whoever told us this thread is only for anime shippings, so we stopped talking about it.

I think our problem is that we are not allowing others to have a topic. But you've never exactly presented another possible troubleshooting result.

And why do you think that is? It's because of us.

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Oi, I resent that remark. Hiiro or whoever told us this thread is only for anime shippings, so we stopped talking about it.

No, it really was originally my idea to separate Manga from Anime. Hiiro and the Manga forum mod agreed to it. Of course it was the reasonable thing to do, but that is unfortunately a problem for the manga forum.

And why do you think that is? It's because of us.

You are right. But the fact that we are limited to this very thread for Anime is the cause. Therefore such limit can also be part of the problem. However, I do acknowledge that the activity the Anime forum gets is considerably low at the moment. And that is explicable, unfortunately. But when Best Wishes comes around America, we should be getting a fresh batch of 10 year olds yearning to be fought with.

Anyways, we've debated more on the shipping situation for the forum than shipping itself! >__>

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    You are right. But the fact that we are limited to this very thread for Anime is the cause. Therefore such limit can also be part of the problem. However, I do acknowledge that the activity the Anime forum gets is considerably low at the moment. And that is explicable, unfortunately. But when Best Wishes comes around America, we should be getting a fresh batch of 10 year olds yearning to be fought with.

I don't see what's the problem. There's always a zenith or nadir, or high and low, if you will. Just like the economic cycle. ;) (Though I don't consider this our lowest point because of B/W).

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    I'm just giving some updates on Negaishipping
    Spoiler:
    Hey that's a step in the right direction.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Spoiler:

I swear, you're gonna feel so bad for leading me the wrong direction the day this thread gets 2-3 pages per day.

When Vernikova used to post in this thread, there used to be about 2 or 3 pages a day (or at least every few days). She was popularz. I think she's the cause of any thread the does well in this section. Vernikovanovakovanova. avokinreV. I pronounce it vern-ee-koh-vuh. I wonder if anyone says it in their head differently...

No, it really was originally my idea to separate Manga from Anime. Hiiro and the Manga forum mod agreed to it. Of course it was the reasonable thing to do, but that is unfortunately a problem for the manga forum.

It was reasonable to stop discussion in one thread to send it to a dead sub-forum where zero discussion is possible. >_> That sub-forum shouldn't even exist anymore.
    [/shippingisseriousbusiness]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back