• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime that need reboots

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
  • I guess this is kinda an extension from the manga that need anime thread but also from multiple discussions the DCC.

Especially in the last few years a lot of anime have been getting reboots to cover the manga closer or cover material that wasn't covered in original anime - Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and Hunter X Hunter 2011 to name a few.

Are there anime in particular you think deserves a reboot? And what would you like to happen in it's reboot/ what do you want covered that it's original didn't?

We've already discussed Pandora Hearts after it only covered the first 20-30 chapters and also Shaman King because
    Spoiler:

I'd like to see Ouran High School Host Club get a remake because even if I do love the anime as it is, there is a lot of content from the manga that didn't get adapted that I'd like to see. There was a lot of development between Haruhi's relationships with Tamaki and Hikaru as well as the twins own development that we didn't get to see.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • Rurouni Kenshin. It deserves a great adaptation not even remotely related to Studio DEEN.

Might the Gods hear my pray.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, just because it's old enough to actually say a reboot would help open it up to newer generations.

Apparently I haven't watched enough terrible anime that was supposed to be or could be good yet.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Well Kuroshitsuji aka. Black Butler for those with the censor on is currently adapting the manga chapters with the Book of Circus last year and possibly the Phantomhive Murder case as well. So I can at least scratch that off the list.

Aside from that... I know it's still fairly recent, but Code:Breaker has a terrible adaptation imo. They should really fix it.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, just because it's old enough to actually say a reboot would help open it up to newer generations.
    Um... I think the point of this thread is to pick up series that weren't adapted completely.

Other than obvious one like Soul Eater, Mahou Sensou is something that deserves a reboot, or at least continuation =D

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years

• Mahou Sensou is something that deserves a reboot, or at least continuation =D

Are you telling me the original source of "Mahou Sensou" is actually good? Because the anime series is one of the worst things I have ever seen in my life. Including the plot twist at the end that made no sense.

Anyway, Card Captor Sakura even goes beyond the manga version and adds several details, characters and well, more cards! So I don't believe it's necessary to reboot it and waste the effort already made.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • Mobile Suit Gundam. It's a classic that can do well with an updated style.

More detail on the suits
    The suits in this show are more like paint by numbers without too much deviation for mechanical rivets, extensive damage detailing, or hard inking to better stand out. The suits of today's Gundam shows are pretty finely crafted, and if this level of detail can be taken back into the original then that would be much appreciated. A ton of the models out on the market today out shine even the show in scope and detail, which is kind of sad to a certain degree.

A better intro (honest to the dark gods)
    [hd]LGDTdcgIIP8[/hd]
    *Face Palm* people are murdered in this show for Pete's sake. . .

Perhaps a better English cast (although I strictly watch it in the Japanese cast)
    It's grating to hear the English voices. By the dark gods make them stop! Even if they kept the entire original cast and the like, there could be multiple versions on the BD: Original Cast English, OC Japanese, New Cast English and NC Japanese along with the more recent casts they've used across the years.

Remove the kids
    don't need kids and little children parading around the bridge. Keep the childish machine (it's green, I forget) out of there as well. I feel like the little comedic bits that involve these minor characters insignificant enough to ignore and boot out of the show.

Cel Shading
    This would make the show amazing. On top of crafting better explosions, effects, suits, ships, and environments the show would eliminate many people crying out 'sham'. It'd look amazing. Amazing. having the show brought up to speed would be a welcome achievement. I'm sure many fans would care to see Char Aznable brought to the rendering table of awesome.

A darker tone to the show
    Blood. Blood! BLOOD! - The XII Legion World Eaters

This show isn't really a kiddie show when it's broken down. people die from explosions, being stabbed, the vacuums of space, and even decapitations. All the basics you need your 8 year old to see before sending him or her off to school in the morning. It needs to eliminate the 'friendly' aspect to it, as it never had a truly friendly aspect to begin with i.e. Amuro kills two pilots of Zeon while they were dropping food and supplies for a mother and her baby. Food and supplies. They're dead now. But at least the crew had crumpets and tea afterwards. remove the touchy-feely stuff. This is a show about grasping for survival and wrenching victory from the hands of the enemy at all costs!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Are you telling me the original source of "Mahou Sensou" is actually good?
    Well... it's a pretty generic mahou school setting so... not sure how good others see it.

Including the plot twist at the end that made no sense.
    That was not a plot twist, that was... anime missing source material xDDD
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Yu Yu Hakusho, Rurouni Kenshin, Dragon Ball (original), and Trigun (Madhouse did the anime and with their recent work of Hunter x Hunter, that would be amazing).

Oh and Soul Eater since it wasn't fully adapted. Saint Seiya as well because for a popular Jump series, it's really outdated in both manga and anime.

Last edited:

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • Mobile Suit Gundam. It's a classic that can do well with an updated style.

Let's ignore the fact that the most similar thing that came out was Gundam SEED, which was supposed to be a friendly recap of Universal Century but re-adapted for the 00's.

I believe they would just screw it up again :(

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • I would like a reboot of Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal so it could be more like the manga. They pretty much started off the same way, but then they took on vastly differing paths.

Spoiler:

Also, a reboot would mean new (and better) cards for the Zexal era, so that's always good.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • Let's ignore the fact that the most similar thing that came out was Gundam SEED, which was supposed to be a friendly recap of Universal Century but re-adapted for the 00's.

I believe they would just screw it up again :(

We can always hope though. If given to the right handlers, it could be mind-blowingly amazing.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • I thought the title was "Anime that need robots" and I was going to say "all of them".

I would love to see a Sailor Moon reboot that doesn't completely blow.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Are you telling me the original source of "Mahou Sensou" is actually good? Because the anime series is one of the worst things I have ever seen in my life. Including the plot twist at the end that made no sense.

Does the original content have to be good to get a reboot? I'm fine with getting a reboot for something that was plain horrible and turning it into something worth watching. Like said in one of the other threads it's an anime where they squeezed too many chapters into 12 episodes. So if they could manage to make a longer, better reboot, why not?

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    I'd like to see a Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle reboot. Bee Train's adaptation of the manga was okay in the first season but got sidetracked or bits that would have been good in animation were skipped entirely (like the Fai/Sakura drunk scene in Outo). The second season was pure horse manure. And excellent though the OVAs were (and those were done by Production IG), they did not do the Infinity arc and they did not do the Return To Clow ending arc.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • Does the original content have to be good to get a reboot? I'm fine with getting a reboot for something that was plain horrible and turning it into something worth watching. Like said in one of the other threads it's an anime where they squeezed too many chapters into 12 episodes. So if they could manage to make a longer, better reboot, why not?

I actually meant if the original source was as crappy as the adaptation, or the anime just went through an adaptation decay. For what I've seen around the web I guess it's the second scenario :P

I'd like to see a Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle reboot. Bee Train's adaptation of the manga was okay in the first season but got sidetracked or bits that would have been good in animation were skipped entirely (like the Fai/Sakura drunk scene in Outo). The second season was pure horse manure. And excellent though the OVAs were (and those were done by Production IG), they did not do the Infinity arc and they did not do the Return To Clow ending arc.

How could I possibly forget about this ;___;

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • How could I possibly forget about this ;___;
    You are not the only one... :/
    I already read manga so I guess it's closed for me... =D

While I would love to see this as well, iirc CLAMP couldn't agree on adaptation so we will most likely never see reboot of second season or another OVA.

Last edited:

kuzronk

Banned
    Years
  • Fruit Basket
    The anime is boring and is clearly made around the early 00s. The manga ended years later as well.

pkmin3033

I'd quite like to see a Mobile Suit Gundam reboot as well, but considering we're getting Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin starting this year, which tells the story from the perspective of the only two characters that actually matter - Casval and Artesia - I'm totally fine with that.

I think I'd cry if Cardcaptor Sakura got a Sailor Moon Crystal-esque reboot. Interpret that however you want; I'm an on the fence Crystal fan in that I equally agree with and disparage the show's detractors...they make such pathetic and ridiculous complaints, but there are a couple (the animation quality, for one) that I have to agree with.

Even though there is zero chance of it happening, I'd actually quite like to see Futari Wa Pretty Cure get rebooted as well...well, given the lovely animation the newer series have had and shortened significantly so all the painful filler is cut out. They could combine it with Max Heart's plot. The only reason I say this is because Cure Black and Cure White looked awesome in their anniversary messages, and with the whole 10th anniversary hype it'd be a much better way to celebrate it. Plus nobody is going to know who they are in the All Stars movies anymore.

Years
  • I would like to see them dub the rest of the Case Closed Episodes but unfortunately they let the anime drag on for far too long, so the english voice actors will probably be dead before they could finish it.

Back