• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime that need reboots

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
  • I don't agree with much of this thread at all. For the most part the older versions are fine or great.

A Yamato 2199 style update for Galaxy Express 999 would be good, as long as Maetel keeps her voice actress. It doesn't need an update but it would get a lot of newer fans into a great series, and I want to see it with improved animation.

kuzronk

Banned
    Years
  • I would like to see them dub the rest of the Case Closed Episodes but unfortunately they let the anime drag on for far too long, so the english voice actors will probably be dead before they could finish it.
    Funimation stopped since it was barley doing well and tried to sue fansubs.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2018
    Readapting Fruits Basket would be wonderful. It's far too good a manga to be left as it is.

As much as I love Galaxy Express 999 and all the other crazy extensions of that universe, there's just this terrible feeling it would turn out like the Captain Harlock movie. On the plus side there has been a consistent release of supplemental movies and OVAs.

Future Boy Conan would be interesting, especially if his shonen-ness was more reserved. It could really do with some editing, removing filler and compressing the plot a bit.

Raven Valt

You gave me power in your gods name.
    Years
  • I finished watching Golden boy last night and I am so surprised that it was never expanded on or rebooted at any point, it had limitless potential to be rebooted on and I would hope a studio picks it up in the future and gives it a clean reboot with some decent voice actors.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    Another anime that should be rebooted, at least partially, is Yu-Gi-Oh!

Hear me out. The only anime in the West is the NAS version, and seeing that NAS only starts from the Duelist era of the manga as Toei did the first seven volumes, I'd like to see how NAS would handle those stories. Without Kaiba's green hair and Miho.

The Amazing Justin

The Original Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Oct 28, 2016
    I would love to see a reboot of Dragon Ball. I always thought that with the main series being over and the majority of things that stuck being established during Z, it would really help to have some foreshadowing that would make the reveals more believable than anything else.

And Goku marries Bulma. That is all.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, just because it's old enough to actually say a reboot would help open it up to newer generations.

Agreed; CCS definitely could use a condensing reboot/update/refresher run. Yes it's anime is so much better than the manga, and yes there's a LOT of it; but that's good; the reboot need not do much more than perhaps update the animation/voices and provide minor tweaks to the story to enhance it.

Anyway, Card Captor Sakura even goes beyond the manga version and adds several details, characters and well, more cards! So I don't believe it's necessary to reboot it and waste the effort already made.

All the more reason to see it rebooted! There's minimal effort in rebooting this timeless classic series; and there's even plenty of room for them to flesh things out even more than they did in the original series.

I would love to see a Sailor Moon reboot that doesn't completely blow.

Pff, Risa plz. Crystal is pretty good. I don't see any real problem with it. The only thing Crystal could have done better is also the worst thing it could have done, and that's depart from it's faithful rendition of the original...which it does not do. It's actually pretty good if you ask me.

I don't understand the backlash against Crystal; I love it to smithereens. It's faithful to the original without being so cheesy or awkward.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I didn't have an idea when this was originally posted so forgive the bump now I've remembered about it.

After finishing One Outs, it comes to a pretty unsatisfying non-ending due to the last ten manga volumes not being adapted. Of course they could just create a second season, but since it finished airing around six years ago and the studio has no interest it would probably need a reboot.

I haven't watched or read Rurouni Kenshin, but from what I've read about it I think it is probably the biggest no-brainer reboot option.

Years
  • It's been a while since I've either watched or read Elfen Lied, but I'm quite sure they missed details here-and-there when making the adaptation, which is unfortunately since they could've lengthened the series if they had used the manga material. Wouldn't mind a graphics upgrade either.

Back