• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime that Should be Rebooted.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    Isn't reboot actually a term used for remaking a series? xD

Anyway, I would kill for Tsubasa Chronicles reboot. But this time, actually complete series, not just a bunch of OVAs that adapt randomly chosen arcs.

I did finish the manga because this is one of my most favorite series ever, but many people just stopped with Shunraiki and skipped Infinity and Celes arcs. Not to mention the final arcs.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Rebooting implies the series being remade but with some definite changes that separates it from the original work pretty heavily. Like, FMAB is a remake but not a reboot because it follows the original work and there aren't any sweeping changes made to the universe or the characters. One look at DmC Devil May Cry and the older games can show you how big of a difference there is between a "reboot" (that DmC was) and a remake (that's...well, MGS: Twin Snakes to MGS1).

Basically using parts of the universe and/or characters and changing things up pretty heavily to come up with a radically different work.

As for any anime that I'd like to see rebooted? Hmm, none really come to mind, tbh. I'd like remakes, sure (SOUL EATER!) but not really reboots. But IF I really have to name one, I guess seeing a Samurai X reboot in the style of the "Trust and Betrayal" OVA would be interesting to see (you know, sans the comedy. a more serious work like the OVA).

pkmin3033

The Legend of Galactic Heroes could be an interesting one to reboot; I wouldn't mind seeing that. I've watched bits and pieces of the series but not the whole thing, I haven't really had the time yet. Seeing it rebooted with a more modern animation style (no crappy CGI though, thanks) could be interesting.

Asides from that, it's difficult to think of anything that I'd like to see rebooted...everything I'd like has already either had a reboot or is in the process of getting one, haha. I can't think of a lot of reasons to reboot older series other than to give them better animation anyway...oh, and to set the fandom for the show on fire, of course. The responses to Sailor Moon Crystal on Tumblr have been HILARIOUS.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    Anyway, I would kill for Tsubasa Chronicles reboot. But this time, actually complete series, not just a bunch of OVAs that adapt randomly chosen arcs.

I did finish the manga because this is one of my most favorite series ever, but many people just stopped with Shunraiki and skipped Infinity and Celes arcs. Not to mention the final arcs.[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]

Absolutely. For whatever reason Production IG did not finish it. I would love to see Production IG do a full, faithful reboot of the series. Either that or Madhouse: their Clamp in Wonderland 2 OVA showed their versions of the characters to appear quite faithful to the original manga, and they did quite well with Cardcaptor Sakura, even if they did inflate the story substantially and were not entirely faithful to the source material.

Another one I'd like to see rebooted is Yu-Gi-Oh! as it only ever saw Duel Monsters over here. Reboot that, with the full first arc and without the filler arcs.

Last but not least, I think the Pokemon anime needs rebooting. The current formula does not appear to have changed much since it first aired, and the protagonist is the exact same.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I think Blazblue needs a new anime. They should give it more episodes, and take time to properly follow the storyline of the games.

Maybe Naruto should get a reboot too. One that more properly follows the manga, and with way less fillers.

Years
    I heard the final third of Rurouni Kenshin sort of completely falls off so a new version of that might be good, I really enjoyed the manga. I feel like I posted something like this last time there was a thread on this too.

Sir Codin

It had so much potential, it just had animation too outdated for even the 80's.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2020
    I could do with a Yu Yu Hakusho reboot as long as it is at least half as good as the regular show!

Back