• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime vs Manga

Manga Anime or both

• Total voters

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
    Which do you perfer?

I like both the same. ^_^

I do like it better when animes that are adapted from manga stick to what happens and do not change the story.

Yu_&_Rei

♪Its Quiz Time!♪
    Years
    it depends for me, like I like the Hana Kimi manga better but I like the Sailor Moon anime better and same with Love hina.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    I have never really had the attention span to sit down and actually read manga so it's definitely anime all the way for me.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I prefer manga but I hate reading it online and it's expensive so... I tend not to read it often anymore. D: I read much faster than I can watch an anime, though, so if I really need to know a story, I'd rather read it. Anime is great but I rarely have the attention span for it. I watch it on my computer so anytime I get an email or some notification, I tend to pause so I can check it right away and then I get more distracted and it just takes forever to finish an episode or two. And once I have, they've been watched so disjointedly that I don't enjoy it as much. XD;

OverlordMia

I'm absolutely CRAZY about it!
    Years
    I depends mostly on story and art style.

And example is Elfen Lied.
    I love the anime and it's art style but when I tried to read the manga, it just didn't stick with me.
    And then there's Trinity Blood where its the opposite of Elfen Lied. I'll only read the manga and not watch the anime.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I like the original story. I've yet to see an anime just made as is, not being an adaption of any manga, book or eroge game. So with manga being the original format, or closer to the original format, I prefer it.
    One can get through a lot of pages very quickly in manga too, in anime progression is considerably slower and still manages to omit or alter details.

And example is Elfen Lied.
    I love the anime and it's art style but when I tried to read the manga, it just didn't stick with me.
    The Elfen Lied manga is really badly drawn in a lot of parts... :x
    Shame really.

Keitaro

Urashima
    Years
    I actually prefer anime. More colorful, story may not be as in-depth but you get some really good music (depending on the anime x.X) and it's always good to see the characters animate. However, I do wish some anime's would be more like their manga-counterpart. >.>

Paz

Old School Pokemon Fan
    Years
    It depends on the series. For example, I prefer the manga versions of Ranma 1/2 and Love Hina over their anime adaptations. However, I prefer the Yu Yu Hakusho, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters, and Steel Angel Kurumi anime adaptations over their manga counterparts (though I am bitter over the fact that the Kurama x Maya love story was left out of the Yu Yu Hakusho anime).

Last edited:

Darcho

The Pumpkin King
    Years
    It depends. Sometimes, I will prefer the manga version of a series over its anime adaptation. Other times, I will prefer the anime adaptation of a series over its manga version.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Generally the main reason i'd read a manga is just to get ahead. Other than that, i usually prefer anime. though there are some manga that haven't been transferred yet...

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    Sometimes i like the manga better when I have bypass a filler arc (like Bleach for example)

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    Anime is fun to watch, considering it is actual motion rather than reading panel by panel. Like right now, I'm keeping up with One Piece by watching the Anime just because the Manga's jokes and fights aren't as entertaining in the Manga as they are Anime. However, Manga is better to read if you want to get ahead in the series. I'm currently reading the Naruto Manga just because the Anime has been adding fillers in Shippuden. So I've gotten pretty bored of the Anime. So it depends for me.

pink-tiger

Love in the Air
    Years
    Most of the time I go with the manga.Because most of the time the manga comes before the anime, and you love the manga and the anime ruins the manga version!But theres sometimes when the anime is better.So yeah.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    I usually read manga, but I like anime just as much. It also depends which series, because I'd rather read a lot of manga series than watch the anime, ex. - Bleach.

invisible-chan

~Pocky Goddess~
    Years
    Whichever came first. Anime based on manga, then the manga; manga based on anime, the anime; anime/manga based on book, the book; anime/manga based on game, the game and so on and so forth.

Ayouki Emerald

Leavin'
    Years
    Well Anime is fun. You can see them squabbling in your television screen with all these shenanigans and stuff. But, Manga is as equal. I can see the details clearer upon the book and often, manga gets turned into anime.:P Like xxxHolic!. I can even have a chance to draw them^_^"! I prefer both.

Back