• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime vs Manga?

Do you prefer the anime or manga?

• Anime

Votes: 21 47.7%
  • Manga

Votes: 23 52.3%

• Total voters
    Years
    By manga i believe the poll refers to Pokemon Special...if so, then yes, Pokemon Special is, for me atleast, a lot better than the anime

Years
    I prefer the anime since I really love seeing the Pokemon and such move onscreen. I only read the Kanto manga journeys with Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow and a few chapters into Gold's journey. It was great and I'd love to see it animated but I've been watching the Pokemon anime since I was 8 so it's grown on me much, much more.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    This really depends so much on the series, that you almost can't compare them actually. Sometimes the anime adaption is better, and sometimes it's vice versa - then it also depends on personal preference and it differs with every series really. I like Death Note's anime ten times better than the manga because it's just so much more dynamic, and I feel like the whole story just .. to its fullest (?) with music and movement and etc, while with Deadman Wonderland I don't like the anime one bit. But in general, I like anime better because it's more dynamic yeah imo.

Years
    I believe we're talking here about only pokemon mangas vs pokemon anime, if so, as much as i like see the characters and pokemon animated, i think the anime lacks a lot in character development, and even there's good battles, in the manga there's a lot of more epic battles. In the manga we have characters like Red or Ruby who had a great character development, battles are just epics in the manga (I can remember for example Red vs Giovanni, or Mewtwo vs Deoxys).

Now, if we are talking about Manga vs Anime in general, i think that manga have the edge over anime, because anime a lot of times is full of fillers, and censored. But I have to say that I love see the characters animated, with voice and all

drarixio

Charging up since '89
    Years
    By manga i believe the poll refers to Pokemon Special...if so, then yes,
    Pokemon Special is, for me atleast, a lot better than the anime.

Mainly I'm talking about Adventures because it's the only one I'm reading now, but this thread is for Pmon manga in general.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    I much prefer the manga. Being 22, I find the manga more mature and deep. I do still enjoy watching the anime, but it's pretty same-y. They run into trouble, usually involving Team Rocket, they battle, they win, whoop whoop. Or they find a Pokémon in need of help, they help it, it decides it wants to go along with them. The manga's storylines are definitely more in depth.

Years
    I much prefer the manga. Being 22, I find the manga more mature and deep. I do still enjoy watching the anime, but it's pretty same-y. They run into trouble, usually involving Team Rocket, they battle, they win, whoop whoop. Or they find a Pokémon in need of help, they help it, it decides it wants to go along with them. The manga's storylines are definitely more in depth.

Agree with this, and besides, the character development in Pokemon Special is a lot better than in the Pokemon Anime, we can see that in characters like Red or Ruby, even Gold had a great development. Besides we have better chemistry and relationships between manga characters: Misty and Yellow with Red. Ruby and Sapphire.

In battles, we can see a lot better ones in manga, and we can see how moves and abilities are more "realistic".

PD: Sorry for my english, is not my first language

psychomew2

Rank 1: Otsdarva
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2014
    Despite the fact that I have more nostalgia for the anime, I'm gunna have to say that I prefer the manga. For one thing, the anime has way too much filler. I also kinda like that the tone of the manga is darker than the anime a lot of the time. I will always have a soft spot for the anime, but I do think the manga series may be the better made series.

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
    I like both the anime and manga, but I have to go with manga; somehow I feel more emotionally connected when reading manga. It has such a mysterious yet amazing vibe to it, I just can't help but love it. <3

However, without anime, I wouldn't have known Pokémon at a very young age.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    Hmm... Not really a fan of both, but from what I read from Serebii, the characters in manga have a much better character development.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I prefer the manga, hands down. The anime was interesting when I first started watching it, which was in its debut. But now it's getting boring and bland and a bit predictable. The manga is consistent with more character development and I like the unique looks it has on the games (not that the anime doesn't do it as well).

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2023
    Pokemon Adventure manga much better then anime
    The anime story is really borring now
    even in BW jesse and james have really good skill
    i think they will back again become the old one

Back