• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime when you were a kid

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2022
    I remember watching DBZ, Pokemon, Naruto, Yu-Gi-Oh, Digimon, Bobobo-bo bo-bobo, and I kinda remember watching Sailor Moon and Astro boy.

Terumi-kantoku

Cat Lover Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2017
    I was about 7 when my country had the anime fever. That time, Saint Seiya was the hit, even being bloody and all. A bit later, I watched Sailor Moon and Yu Yu Hakusho the most.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Well, what really got me into anime (back during my middle school days) was Cartoon Network's Adult Swim programs, all which aired after midnight usually. I remember staying up and watching Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Yu Yu Hakusho, Inuyasha, The Big O, Outlaw Star, and few others that slip my mind at the moment. Before this, the only anime I watched as a kid was Pokemon, which I wasn't even aware of was anime.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Animes I remember from back in the day: DB, DBZ, Pokemon, Digimon (Season 1-3), Yu-Gi-Oh!, One Piece, Naruto and probably a lot more that I just forgot.

Years
  • My first experience with anime was Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh before I knew that they were animes. Then came Naruto when I was a bit older, after a Football match on a Saturday morning I used to literally stay in all day and watch it.

I saw Spirited Away on TV when I was very young, I loved it and when I eventually remembered I had watched it years later I literally spent months searching for it cause I had no idea what it was called. After watching it when I found the movie again I literally had the biggest nostalgic experience ever, and that's saying something xD

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2016
    I remember seeing Dragon Ball Z, Yugioh and Pokemon as a kid. Back then I just thought they looked cool but didn't really understand what was going on on them. Recently I've rewatched half of Pokemon, and also DBZ and Yugioh all the way through and I loved it. Definitely a nostalgia element to it.

JOBO

o/_\O
    Years
  • Pokemon, Cardcaptors, Monster Rancher, Fighting foodons, DBZ, Sailor Moon, Digimon, Yu-gi-oh, Naruto. My parents always bought us Studio Ghibli movies and we watched them a lot.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Pokemon and Sailor Moon was what started it for me. Then when I was about 12 a girl introduced me to Chobits and CCS. Like I brought a Chobits manga volume to 5th grade. What was I thinking?? XD

Then of course Cartoon Network's Toonami and [adult swim] stuff was my Saturday night ritual with my brother. So Naruto, One Piece, Zatch Bell, Bobobobo bobobo, a little Bleach, Fullmetal Alchemist, GITS:SAC, Inuyasha, Samurai Champloo...good times. :)

So yeah I'm a 90s kid but for anime I'm an early 2000s kid.

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2020
    -Dragon Ball / Z / GT
    -Pokemon
    -Digimon
    -Megaman NT Warrior
    -Naruto (I was right around a teen at this time, but I'll still count it)

I know there's a lot more that I just can't think of or just don't recall watching. I use to watch Toonami all the time way back, but I didn't know it was anime. When I found out what anime actually was, I did think it funny that I always thought it was just the same as "regular cartoons."

Back