• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Anime You're Currently Watching?

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I had a crazy amount of shows that I was getting myself hyped up to watch this season, yet the season has basically ended and the only shows I've watched are I Can't Understand What My Husband Is Saying season 2 (meh... only picked it up cause it's 3 min per ep and the first season wasn't too awful) and Punchline which is honestly sooo good.

I've been pretty consistent with watching a fair amount of shows the past few seasons, I think I just overwhelmed myself with what I was planning to watch this time around :\ oh well.

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
  • One Piece, Yuyu Hakushu, Death Note and Kuroko basketball as of this moment.
    One Piece is super slow though, I only watch because I like the manga so much.

Years
  • I started the English dub of Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt on Monday. Holy hell is this thing filled with dirty jokes and gross body function humor. Fun as hell when they're not animating gross things. If you like dirty jokes and can handle some gross body humor, I kinda recommend watching this in the dub. Sure, you'll miss out on some of the wordplay from the original, but there's an explosion of raunchy wordplay from the starting gate in the English dub.

Also the soundtrack is amazing.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I kinda wish I had downloaded the dual audio version of the show. Sadly, it seems I'm stuck with the Jap version only. Oh well. I'll stream the english version online once I'm done watching it once I guess.

This and Black Lagoon are two shows I've heard are very swear heavy and kinda enhance the experience to a degree for different reasons. For black lagoon, it sounds kinda authentic apparently. Here, in PSG's case, it just makes things a lot more dirty and funny due to crass humor kek

Also the soundtrack is amazing.
    I KNOW, RIGHT?! I have all the tracks. Fly away is the one I've listened to the most I think, haha. You know, the track that plays during their transformation? Good shit right there! <3

Anyway, I think I'll watch Yuki Yuna wa Yuusha de Aru or Maou Maoyuu Yuusha next. Someone suggested Get Backers but I can't seem to make myself watch even one episode of that completely. I don't know, gotta force watch it sometime I guess. :(

As for what I'm watching, well, they're just spring leftovers -
    Shokugeki no Soma (super excited for this. good stuff coming up!)
    Arslan Senki (i leik dis)
    Gintama degree 2015 edition (!)
    Ore! Monogatari (sweet episodic love sweetness edition)

and a few more shows I forget about lel

Years
  • I kinda wish I had downloaded the dual audio version of the show. Sadly, it seems I'm stuck with the Jap version only. Oh well. I'll stream the english version online once I'm done watching it once I guess.

This and Black Lagoon are two shows I've heard are very swear heavy and kinda enhance the experience to a degree for different reasons. For black lagoon, it sounds kinda authentic apparently. Here, in PSG's case, it just makes things a lot more dirty and funny due to crass humor kek

I've seen portions of the Japanese dub, and as a native English speaker, I can't take some scenes that are supposed to be serious all that seriously because the English Revy uses in the Japanese dub does not resemble the English she should be capable of as a Chinese-American raised in America. The English dub helps with the immersion for me.

For PSG, it's a dual-meaning wordplay party right out of the gate.

I KNOW, RIGHT?! I have all the tracks. Fly away is the one I've listened to the most I think, haha. You know, the track that plays during their transformation? Good **** right there! <3

I've liked the OST for a couple years, really. Only just now got around to watching the series. I actually have the OST as well as a secondary album related to the series on CD.

derozio

Years
  • I've seen portions of the Japanese dub, and as a native English speaker, I can't take some scenes that are supposed to be serious all that seriously because the English Revy uses in the Japanese dub does not resemble the English she should be capable of as a Chinese-American raised in America. The English dub helps with the immersion for me.
    Exactly, that's what I've heard everywhere. That the dub is immersive and the swearing, despite the overload, helps its authenticity. I'll get a dual audio version of the show if I can to see if I could instead go ahead and watch it in english instead. Seems like it'll be a blast.

For PSG, it's a dual-meaning wordplay party right out of the gate.
    Hah, that definitely sounds like fun.

I've liked the OST for a couple years, really. Only just now got around to watching the series. I actually have the OST as well as a secondary album related to the series on CD.
    Ah, I see. Well, it really is that good - definitely a well deserved buy. :3 I'd have gotten it too if it were available here at reasonable rates. Sadly, amazon india doesn't seem to have nearly as much content as the international ones do. If I import stuff, I get stuck with exorbitant amounts of taxes as well as customs to deal with. Too much of a headache so I just download stuff instead.

I'll pick it up if I get the chance to buy it sometime though. One of the many things I wish to buy on my list lel

Anyway, I'm gonna start Gangsta. tonight. Hopefully I'll love it. Crossing fingers! Also, gonna start following Okusama wa Seitokaichou (or whatever its name is) since I definitely like my share of ecchi goodness every season. :3

Started it the day before and halfway done with Sankarea. It is better than I thought it would be. Also, the MC's cousin is fucking hot omg. XD;
    I wish I had a hot cousin like her who'd shove my head into her boobs like that. Lucky bastard.

Also adding Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai and Slayers to my Plan to Watch list. Seem like good watches.

kyuubi93

What a bother
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2018
    Right now I'm currently watching all the anime shown on Toonami on Saturday nights. I just got done binge watching to catch up on Naruto: Shippuden so now I have to wait again :(

A newer anime I'm really into is Mitchiko and Hatchin. It drew me in off the shows first airing, and am very much looking forward to watching more episodes as their story unfolds. That's it for now.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Just finished downloading Baccano and barakmon so I'll be watching those the next two days or so.

Haileo

Fluttershy is mai waifu
    Years
  • Jewelpet KiraDeco, the fourth season of Jewelpet. It's an incredibly amazing anime that I found two weeks ago, and I've been watching it a ton lately. I'm halfway through the series, but there are 7 seasons, 6 seasons with 52 episodes each (But not all are subbed), and the 7th season is currently airing, and only 1 episode is subbed and available.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • I haven't been really watching anime, the last one I have was FMA Brotherhood.

But today that kind of changed, So I'mma add to my current animu watching.

Dragon Ball Super - I haven't watched the sub since it isn't out, I watched the RAW release. I didn't understand it, but Im too much of a DB fan to not care so far, I wanted to see it as soon as possible, now i await for the subs :)

derozio

Years
  • Started Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace. First episode was good. Same for Ushio to Tora. Shall finish Sankarea today most probably. On episode 9 of it. 12 episodes in total. 3 more to go. :3 Gonna watch the first episode of Charlotte and GATE today too.
    Dragon Ball Super - I haven't watched the sub since it isn't out, I watched the RAW release. I didn't understand it, but Im too much of a DB fan to not care so far, I wanted to see it as soon as possible, now i await for the subs :)
    I wanna watch DB Super too. I can't stand Goku's japanese voice though so I'm holding out for the english dub. This is the only series I absolutely won't watch with subs haha.

The wait is gonna be killer, though. :(

Just finished downloading Baccano and barakmon so I'll be watching those the next two days or so.
    YES. Both are great shows. I hope you enjoy 'em as much as I did! (or more!)

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • YES. Both are great shows. I hope you enjoy 'em as much as I did! (or more!)

They were both pretty good. I think I enjoyed Barakamon just little bit more though haha.

Downloading Hibike! Euphonium and Kachou Ouji now. Gotta start getting through some more spring stuff so I can actually think about keeping up with Summer.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I'm watching Kekkai Sensen, since I hear so many good things about it on PC. I'm also watching Log Horizon, which has been in my on-hold list for 50 billion yearsr haha

pkmin3033

My new early morning anime is Gundam: Reconguista in G, and it is boring the hell out of me. Seriously, I am *this close* to just dropping it and picking up something else; if it wasn't for the fact that past Gundam series have taken me a while to warm up to I would have by now. I think I'm giving this too many chances, though. The plot is tedious and plodding, the art style is absolutely horrific - I hated Eureka Seven, and seeing the art style again is off-putting - and the cast is one-dimensional and bland. Soundtrack isn't too bad, though. But this isn't the quality I have come to expect from Gundam, and I am extremely disappointed by it.

Almost finished Nisekoi: now as well and, whilst I'm disappointed at the lack of plot advancement and the length, I'm still loving it. The humour is still there, which is all I need to enjoy it.

Picking up a lot this season, but I probably won't watch any of it until it finishes airing...I hate waiting. I'm all caught up with Go! Princess Precure again and the week-by-week wait for the next episode is sapping away at what little remains of my sanity.

Years
  • I think I'll watch Classroom Crisis this season. The first episode wasn't super interesting but it didn't raise any red flags or bore me. Pretty good looking animation, characters look and sound nice, that violin track was pretty cool and I like how they showed off that they live on Mars by just plain showing it in the background of a scene. No boring exposition about it until the end where I was at a point where I was curious enough to listen to it. The ending left me interested though, it was a little peek at what I can expect to see be focused on later.

I don't know what I'll be trying next. Maybe Charlotte since I have that downloaded.

Years
  • Okay, so, not typical of me, but I've started or will be starting a fair bit for summer.

Stuff I've already started:
    Classroom Crisis - Seems kinda meh, but spaaaaaaaaace.
    Okusama ga Seitokaichou! - If you can't handle nudity, don't watch it. It's also strikingly cliche just an episode in, but, fortunately for those tired of romcom cliches, the show is only 8 minutes per episode.
    Durarara!!x2 Ten - DRRR!!
    Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace - Not normally my style but I figured I'd branch out since it's being simulcast on one of my subscription services.
    Teekyuu 5 - I... still don't have much idea what's going on, but I kinda like it.

Stuff planned to start for the summer:
    Akagami no Shirayuki-hime - IDK.
    Aoharu x Kikanjuu - IDK.
    Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki - IDK.
    Charlotte - Key.
    Gangsta. - Looks fun.
    Jitsu wa Watashi wa - Looks like it could be a "dum" harem romcom.
    Joukamachi no Dandelion - Not even sure what this will be. The simulcast title and the MAL picture imply very different show types.
    Rokka no Yuusha - Actiony looking anime. Feel like I need a few more of those.
    Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai - Feels like a romcom.
    Ushio to Tora (TV) - IDK branching out.
    Wakaba*Girl - Looks like cutesy fun.

Well, that and the carry-overs from last season that haven't finished yet, like Yuki-chan and Shokugeki no Souma.

I'll probably re-assess priorities after 3 weeks and swap in some already aired stuff for the currently airing fare I'm not feeling this season and just watch the rest of what I "drop" at my own pace later on.

I'll also be restarting Tantei Opera Milky Holmes. And I'll be resuming progress on One Piece from near the beginning (now the question is, sub or dub? I'm watching the dub already for later episodes, but Crunchyroll keeps track of my progress across all platforms, not just between console and PC - which is, annoyingly, the case with Funimation). And I'm also watching all of Toonami except for Attack on Titan. Plus Naruto, Dragon Ball, and Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt on top of that.

So, yeah, my watch list is a little big right now.

Last edited:
    Back