• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Anime You're Currently Watching?

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Right now I'm only watching Nana, but I'm almost done with it and it's making me so sad. I heard they don't cover everything in the manga, so I may need to check that out at some point in time. I adore this show though, the style is really interesting (in a good way, imo) and the dialogue and writing is spectacular. I was hooked instantly.

But it's making me sad now and I just sit here wondering how I always find animes that seem fun and cute at first and then go all dark. Madoka was the anime I watched before this one. I had no context and thought it was just a cute anime about a bunch of magical girls and their shenanigans. Nope v_v

Nana destroyed me. Like oh god, I knew it was going to be sad, but I didn't think it was going to be as sad as it was. I cried on multiple occasions.

Madoka is wonderful! Yeah I went in thinking it was a nice, cute anime about magical girls. Oh I was proven so wrong. (And I converted a few of my friends too. They flipped after episode 3.)

Atm, I am watching: World Trigger, Baby Steps, Haikyuu, K: Return of Kings, and I am being dumb and rewatching Fairy Tail from the very beginning.

Years
    I'm watching;
    -One Punch Man
    -Noragami Aragoto
    -Haikyuu!! Season 2
    -blahblah: The Perfect Insider
    -Sakurako-san something bone fetish lady

and there's a bunch that I just stopped watching last season that I'll have to finish at some point. Ninja Slayer might be the top priority.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Nana destroyed me. Like oh god, I knew it was going to be sad, but I didn't think it was going to be as sad as it was. I cried on multiple occasions.

Madoka is wonderful! Yeah I went in thinking it was a nice, cute anime about magical girls. Oh I was proven so wrong. (And I converted a few of my friends too. They flipped after episode 3.)

Atm, I am watching: World Trigger, Baby Steps, Haikyuu, K: Return of Kings, and I am being dumb and rewatching Fairy Tail from the very beginning.
    Nice to see Nana fans here. :3 I loved the series too. Marathoned it like hell and finished it in two days straight. :D

Currently on a Monogatari marathon. Have managed to finish Bakemonogatari, Nekomonogatari and the entirety of Monogatari Series Second Season. :D Now onto Tsukimonogatari and Hanamonogatari. Those are the only two left till I can get to Owarimonogatari. :3

/count the number of gataris there kek

pkmin3033

(the opening is one of the worst things I've ever heard)
    You do realise that it's not anime, right? *shot*

I just watched the first two episodes of Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou out of curiosity...is it bad I think it's better than the anime it's based off of? xD

Years
    Nah. It may well be more your style than the source series.

Ah, so that's why there's an anime coming out after about 10 years since the last one.

Anyway, forgot to mention that last weekend I also started Hacka Doll The Animation.

As for stuff started since my last post:
    Yuru Yuri San☆Hai! - YRYR S3 HYPE.
    JK Meshi! - Rice and stuff?
    Fushigi na Somera-chan - Magical girl? Idk. Really confused with this one.

I also picked up where I left off at for Durarara!!x2 Ten. I really like the opening for this season.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
    Just finished Daily Lives of High School Boys. I was actually watching it for educational purposes, not kidding. I'm working on a Pokemon visual novel and needed some slice of life ideas.

Waiting for the winter season after God Eater wrapped up its most recent episode.

Will be waiting for a few more episodes of Utawarerumono before I start watching episodes in bunches. I watched the original series back in 2006 and it remains one of the first series I got into. Supposedly the current season will follow a similar formula so I'll avoid spoiling it.

I should probably watch the final episode of Blood Blockade Battlefront. That series... I lost count how many weeks it's been since the latest episode. I probably will just have to rewatch the entire thing again to build the hype up. I already kinda forgot where the plot left off.

I also need to watch the latest Monogatari installment, but I'll likely put it on hold and watch it all at once when I find the time. Need my Senjougahara fix.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    Yesterday I started to watch the first episode of Piano: The Melody of a Young Girl's Heart, I think it has a pretty good start for me.

EDIT: And I managed to finished it last midnight. It may not look like the usual slice-of-life anime you may think of, but it's pretty enjoyable for me, especially when I can see how other pianist's life would be when they're still learning it, even though via anime.

Last edited:

derozio

Years
    I'll be watching Kekkai Sensen's last episode tonight (FINALLY).
    And might start another series. Maybe Yowamushi Pedal. That one's been sitting on my HDD for far too long just like that.

Years
    Started Brave Beats over the weekend. It's kinda silly. And it's clearly a shonen.

Up to episode 9 in DRRR!! x2 Ten.

And, while I don't normally mention my Toonami watches unless I just finished them or just started them, Akame ga Kill reached episode 9 on there and an interesting thing happened at the end.

derozio

Years
    Started Brave Beats over the weekend. It's kinda silly. And it's clearly a shonen.

Up to episode 9 in DRRR!! x2 Ten.

And, while I don't normally mention my Toonami watches unless I just finished them or just started them, Akame ga Kill reached episode 9 on there and an interesting thing happened at the end.
    Assuming "Ten" is S2 Part 1, I'm on that episode too. I left S2 Part 1 at episode 8. Should pick up the series soon. I heard good stuff happens later on. :p

Reached YowaPedal episode 31/38. In less than 3 days. During weekdays. A really nice show. :D

Years
    Assuming "Ten" is S2 Part 1, I'm on that episode too. I left S2 Part 1 at episode 8. Should pick up the series soon. I heard good stuff happens later on. :p

Reached YowaPedal episode 31/38. In less than 3 days. During weekdays. A really nice show. :D

"Ten" is part 2.

"Shou" "ten" "ketsu" are the 3 sub parts for season 2, in that order, iirc.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
    Just watched Kyoukai no Kanata: I'll Be Here - it was so good, and really nice watch for today. (:

Also watched the first uncensored episode of Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid... x_x'

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
    So, Polonia 1 has reaired Yattaman (Yatterman in japanese) so i watched two episodes of it, and now they reaired General Daimos (or whatever the full translated name means) and Sally the witch at 6:00 AM, gotta watch Sally

Disney Channel aired Doraemon so i switched to japanese track and it's cool to hear Doraemon say "Shimatta"

Oh and i watched Pokemon XY of course

derozio

Years
    I started Midori no Hibi and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei recently. Both are funny as hell. :D

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
    I am currently watching episode 5 of Sword Art Online. So far I am not super impressed with it like everyone else seemed to be. Then again with my favorite anime, Parasyte, I didnt enjoy the first 3 episodes so much.

myystogan

[cimg=width:30px;"]https://i.imgur.com/gbudGz1.png
    Years
    I'm watching Haikyuu S2 and Hunter x Hunter right now! Really enjoying both.

I'll also be starting Noragami Aragoto and then continuing Durarara!!X2 soon, once all the upcoming tests I have to take are over with x_x

Years
    Since I made my last post, I've finished DRRR!! Ten, I started Anitore! EX (Really, Earth Star Entertainment? Really? This is just such blatant otaku-bait. Still watching because it's a low mental effort watch where I can laugh at the idea of what I'm pretty sure the show is being used for in many bachelor pads in Japan), started and finished Aiura (the way it sets up, it feels like it'll be a longer series than 4 minutes per episode, but then it just abruptly cuts off after a soft punchline, killing the comfy full length slice-of-life vibe it gives out), and started and finished Ai Mai Mii: Mousou Catastrophe ("random" and violent with a bit of continuity).

TL;DR: Shorts are comfy and easy to marathon and I finished 2 of them.

Back