• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Anime You're Currently Watching?

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    And I'll be watching Blood+ in-between.

Good that you're watching a good Blood anime ;). I forgot if Blood+ was decent dubbed though, i think I've seen it dubbed.

On topic:
    I decided to put Gunslinger Girl on hold since i don't want to be shedding feels every night to cybernetically enhanced little girls (having passed my Finance Subject, which is hard as heck to pass even as a retake) and decided to rewatch Blood C, and through RNGesus' unchallenged will, I must rewatch it AND FINISH IT English dubbed. Now i think i remember why people, including my younger self, didn't like Blood C very much compared to you know the "more superior" Blood+... also, it helps that Blood C is way shorter than that of GSG since that one spans through a 13-episode season and its differently drawn sequel "Teatrano"

Also i keep forgetting that i have to keep track of Sengoku Basara Judge End, even though I've pretty much played SB3 (or SB Heroes according to the West), which Judge End is pretty much based on.

Last edited:

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    I'm currently watching Tsubasa Chronicles. I haven't watched it since 2008. My sister was watching it yesterday so I decided to watch it with her.

Years
    I've spent the last couple weeks getting caught up on weeklies I fell behind on, and also mixed in a start to JoJo (first 3 episodes). Oh, and a pair of Pokemon things: the minute-long Hoopa specials and the 14 minute Hoopa OVA.

My weeklies from this season:
    Anime Training DX (actually kind of educational on exercises when it isn't being a blatant excuse for fanservice; even though I already know)
    Teekyu S6 (It's Teekyu, simple as that)
    JK Meshi! (I'm not sure what the whole goal of this show is)
    Lovely Muco (This is actually pretty fun)
    Miss Monochrome S3 (this is an "idol" anime short that has spent 3 seasons poking fun at idol anime tropes with its title character; it also manages minor plot progression each episode despite not taking itself seriously)
    Komori-san Can't Decline! (this could be so much more fleshed out with longer episodes)
    Hakone-chan (this one bounces all over with its plot progression rates)
    Hackadoll (kinda fun, kinda dumb)
    Magical Somera-chan (pure dumb random humor, which is okay for its length)
    Yuru Yuri San Hai (My personal AotS, though the only other full-length series I've touched this season is Brave Beats, so take it with a grain of salt)

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I finished Love Live School Idol Project S1 a while ago. It was mostly decent with a very anti-climatic ending (that whole plot point of Kotori having to go abroad but stopping at last moment due to Honoka's "IKANAIDEEII!!" was a pile of horse ****).

Gonna start S2 now. I like all the girls save Kotori (**** girl). Hope to see more good stuff from them in this season. :3

Sukyandaru

kimi ni baby sweet berry love
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2019
    I'm currently watching:
    One Punch Man
    Owarimonogatari
    Osomatsu-san
    Monster Strike
    Haikyuu!! Season 2
    Just started Nichijou! <3
    And a couple others ><

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
    Just watched Valkyrie Drive Mermaid. It's coming to a close and it's surprisingly one of the animes that have exceeded my expectations of it. For an ecchi anime, it somehow has some good writing.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    At the moment I'm watching Owari no Seraph, One Punch Man, Akagami no Shirayuki Hime, (rewatching) Charlotte, Psycho Pass (only occasionally with bf), Yugioh Arc V, and I'm falling horribly behind on Noragami Aragoto and K Project.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    A LOT. Because I'm Palamon, and I love my anime.

Ongoing (some of these are completed, though.)

Yu Gi Oh Arc V (IF YOU CAN'T TELL BY MY ICON, I LIKE IT A LOT.)
    Conrete Revoluio Superhuman Phantasm (I liked this more than I thought I would.)
    Onsen Yousei Hakone-chan (It's nothing more than a three minutes time waster, but really cute.)
    One Punch Man. (I started this on a whim, and I find it really funny. Kinda want more, though.)
    Hidan no Aria AA (It's...okay. Not as good as the original, though.)
    Shomin Sample. (My AOTS. It's so funny, and I love how the girls react all the time. Kimito is also an interesting harem lead.)
    Lance N' Masques (it's completed, but whatev.) (Terrible. It started out good, but it was terrible overall.)
    Hacka Doll (It's stupid, but I like the idea behind it. Nice time killer.)
    Noragami Aragoto (ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, this anime has me freaking out in my seat.)
    K Return of Kings. (See above.)
    Owari no Seraph S2 (THE OTP WINS.)
    Gakusen Toshi Asterisk (I hate this anime. It could have been good, but it was too generic for even me. =/)
    Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry (But this one was really interesting, and I loved what came of it.)
    Pokemon, too, obviously.

Not ongoing, to my own volition (A LOT).

Pumpkin Scissors.
    07-Ghost (Beyond it being gay, I don't like it much, I just watch it because it's gay.)
    Umisho (A horrible anime that makes me feel ASHAMED for ever caring about Free!.)
    Future Card Buddyfight (<3, that is all.)
    Cardfight Vanguard Link Joker-hen, (this is kinda a boring season, compared to the rest.)
    Nana (the only shoujo even really worth my time anymore because it deals with very mature topics like sex and stuff, and pregnancy. REAL LIFE ROMANCE TROUBLES. All the other shoujo I've seen suck in comparison.)
    Noein (It's interesting... I'll give it that.)
    Peach Girl (Because Sho was talking about it at one point, and I've seen the manga.)
    Blood+ (IT'S A GOOD ANIME, KINDA?? BUT... TOO LONG FOR ME?! Cut it down to 25, tbh.)
    Aikatsu (I hate this one, oh god. So....jarring.)

On demand and Toonami
    Unlimited Psychic Squad (Zettai Karen Children Spinoff)
    My Teen Romantic Comedy Snafu (I hear it's a drama later... ew.)
    Devils and Realists. (Gay. <3)

Akame ga Kill (The dub is okay, I guess.)
    Parasyte (The dub is okay, I guess. That's really it, tbh.)
    One Piece (up to Thriller Bark after all these years.)
    Naruto Shippuden (:|)

I finished some, too recently. A lot, so I list the five most recent:

Honey and Clover
    Kanon 2002
    White Album (ew).
    Shuffle!
    Silver Spoon.

That's... it, really. I have a lot.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    I don't think watching watching anime seasonally is for me. sigh, maybe starting to watch anime alltogether was a mistake. I dropped everything I was watching at the start of the season except Anitore EX and Hackadoll the Animation and even then, I haven't actually seen past episode 5 of either. I'm "currently watching" the following:
    Anitore EX
    Fate/Zero
    Hacka Doll the Animation
    Suzumiya Haruhi-chan no yuuutsu
    Toaru Kagaku no Railgun.
    Today though, I started Love Live! s2 (finally!). I've waited too long for this but since winter break finally started, I have time. I've seen 3 episodes so far and really enjoyed them alot. I feel that at this rate, Love Live! could become my favorite anime.

Last edited:

Reunilu

of the Eastern Skies
    Years
    My anime backlog is so messed up. I blame real life.

- Noragami Aragato: jafkldjf What is wrong with me and procrastinating this anime I love this series so much. Two chapters per episodes seems weird compared to the first season, but I'll take it.
    - Owari no Seraph S2: I'm on and off about it. Decent, but not enough to fully engage me. That's more of a benefit for me.
    - Sakurasou: Pretty anime. Seems like it's good, haven't watched enough of it to really say that.

Life

[FONT="Poiret One"][color=#aaaaaa]Perception of Re
    Years
    I don't think watching watching anime seasonally is for me.
    Yeah, I can't do it too. It's best to just look for things that may look interesting to you.

Currently watching:
    Hayate no Gotoku!
    Noragami S2
    One Punch Man (since everyone seems to like it)

Years
    I'm currently watching ' red data girl ', but the interest fades in and out for some reason, lol.

I haven't been able to find a good romance anime as of lately, well aside from ' Say I love you ' which was fairly decent but not top tier'ish by my own standards.

I would love if someone could recommend me several good romance anime I'm really itching for one. >.<

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    Wrapped up on Blood C pretty much. I feel regrets and a little bit of satisfaction at the same time for investing time for it. That's the awkward feels that i have. Blood C wasn't terrible but it clearly had issues, LOTS of them. A 12 episode anime where the early episodes don't even establish much or in this context, actually do anything and only gets really serious by the mid to late game? I might as well follow it up with the Feature length Sequel The Last Dark just to completely wrap things up with Blood and move on..

One thing I'll say about Blood C though:
    Spoiler:

Then again, Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse is within my to-watch list, and my cravings for seeing more people eaten by alien invaders is still here.

Also, i feel generous and want to recommend the younger ones of Anime Manga DCC a good anime for the holidays. Chrono Crusade. I highly recommend this title ladies and dudes, especially for those who like Nuns with Guns, one of my favorite female anime tropes ever.

I might as well check what's coming up in early 2016 as well. Maybe i find something worthy of my prying eyes.

I would love if someone could recommend me several good romance anime I'm really itching for one. >.<

Velvet Kiss. Oh wait, it only exists in Manga form. D:

Some of my suggestions are part romance though. Its hard even for me to find a pure romance one that I can recommend to others without feeling awkward.

Revolutionary Girl Utena. This is an old one, but a really good one from the glorious 90s.

Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou (His or Her Circumstances)

Kimi no iru Machi (existing mostly as Manga but it does have an anime adaptation somewhere). Oh man, i remember reading this manga ages ago and well... its one of those romances that can leave sensitive hearts ruptured in a sea of man-blood.

Last edited:
    Years
    Current Plan to Watch list:

Ajin - Will try to see if it's ok, will pick up manga if it's good
    Durarara!!x2 Ketsu - 3rd season
    Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri - Enryuu-hen - The good YAMATO DAMASHII propaganda
    Hai to Gensou no Grimgar - Read a few chapters of the LN, a bit too serious imo
    Haikyuu!! Second Season - Yum
    K: Return of Kings - 2nd Season
    Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! - Weird art design choices like Gate, I did find the LN to be very comedic :P
    Noragami Aragoto - 2nd Season
    One Punch Man - Anhpanman
    Phantasy Star Online 2 The Animation - Gotta see if I should go back in time and play this
    Muv Luv: Schwarzesmarken - EPIC HYPE LEL, SOVIET GERMANS VS XENOMORPHS = More casualties than NATO and the Warsaw Pact combined

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    Just finished Starmyu/ High School Star Musical from this season which ended up being a lot more enjoyable than I expected xD

I somehow managed to make my way and finish Diabolik Lovers More,Blood which I wanted to watch to see how bad it was. No doubt, the series is still terrible, but it was just slightly better than the first season - still terrible.

Finished One Punch Man as well, which despite it being an "okay" anime to begin with, I did end up enjoying it a bit haha.

Last edited:

derozio

Years
    Finished OnePunch Man and Owarimonogatari. And Love Live Season Second, if I didn't mention it in my previous post. OPM was great while Owarimonogatari, for me, was perhaps the weakest Monogatari in terms of content I got and enjoyment value. I'm still waiting for the day this series delivers the kinds of highs it delivered during the Second Season days. Hope that happens soon with the next installment - there's plenty of room to deliver some amazing content though since this season kept Ougi entirely in the dark. She's one reason I can see future monogatari being great.

Love Live Second Season was a much better anime than Season One. :p

One Punch Man as well, which despite it being an "okay" anime to begin with...
    HOW DARE YOU. I'LL SERIOUS PUNCH YOU, DUDE.

derozio

Years
    I started downloading Oregairu S2 again (I say again because most anime that were with me are gone - hard disk kinda crashed XD). I have the urge to rewatch the entire series again. Such a fantastic gem 2015 brought us. <333

don'thurtmederoI'msorryyyyyyy
    its probably the comedy, right? probably didn't appeal much to you haha. and I can see why. "comedy" despite being touted as one of its strong points isn't exactly very strong. And if you can't "absolutely love" the hero premise and saitama's shenanigans, I can very well see how this anime would appear to be mostly just an "okay" series to someone. ;p

I'LL STILL SERIOUS PUNCH YOU THOUGH

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    its probably the comedy, right? probably didn't appeal much to you haha. and I can see why. "comedy" despite being touted as one of its strong points isn't exactly very strong. And if you can't "absolutely love" the hero premise and saitama's shenanigans, I can very well see how this anime would appear to be mostly just an "okay" series to someone. ;p

I'LL STILL SERIOUS PUNCH YOU THOUGH

Yeah it was very much the comedy xD It's not the anime itself, it's more that these 'comedy' types of shows haven't appealed to me in the past. I guess I started to like it more during the Hero Test. Saitama getting placed as a C-class hero despite being S-class strong, not knowing who he despite kicking ass to pretty much every monster out there and being the underdog - that was the stuff that really brought me into liking OPM xD

Back