• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Animorphs

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    I've been thinking about the original GBC video game I used to play, and while it did lack most of the things that made the franchise great, it still was a Pokemon clone.

I have an idea to do a GBA remake of the game, but it's more like its own. Like revolving the various transformations as different transportation methods, like bike or whatever. But limit them to a few example species. Like for running, it could be a Cheetah, mach bike is an Emu while acro is something else, and surf is a dolphin. Fly would be a hawk. This is if I use Ruby as the base, or Pokemon at all. If I could add more and somehow sync them to the animal that's the first in the party, it might work.

The story could adapt plots from the books, but I don't know which. Probably only one game per Animorph.

Basically, it would be a Pokemon clone, running on a Pokemon engine, lol I know how that sounds, but it would be done better than the original.

The graphics? Sprites derived from the style of the GBC game. Maps based on the original game as well.
    Music? The opening will probably be the intro of the TV show, while if I could get any help, for the in game music , such as the backstory exposition music, battle music, and walking music, ported into the GBA format.
    Opening? Maybe move the exposition into to where the Fire Red/Ruby intro is at then.

Back