• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Announcement Reaction Thread

blue

gucci
    Years
    I'm sure we'll get some screens on Pokémon Smash otherwise that'd be atleast two weeks without any information and I'm looking forward to it because I'm literally puzzled right now about these two, I really hope we see the return of and old location though i.e as I've said the Sevii Islands because the storyline can fit around them.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I want to see what our playable trainer characters will look like. That will be one of the deciding factors for me. After all, I really can't get into any sort of RPG if I don't like the character whose role I'm supposed to be playing.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    For those of you who are interested, Nintendo commented on why B2/W2 are on the DS rather than the 3DS. I mean, it goes without saying, but still, for those of you who are interested in their input:

"Remember that Nintendo 3DS can also play all Nintendo DS Pokemon games. The Nintendo DS family also has a massive installed base of more than 51 million systems in the United States alone, and we are keen on continuing to deliver new experiences to this audience."

Now if only we could get them to respond on WHAT THIS GAME IS ALL ABOUT. >:I

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    I told you guys to enjoy the new game, I just do no like the newer games they have been making. The "pokemon" feel I remember from my child hood with red/blue/yellow, G/S/C, R/S/E, are not going to be ruined from all this "fusion" crap they are doing to the legendarys. I bet you the new gen game will have fusion in it. Great...

Anyways yea that was just my opinion on the matter and yes I would love them to remake emerald and yes I am kinda bummed they didnt and made a sequel..?

What are they going to be selling next Grey 1 and 2? LOL...

hey if you are sick of playing pokemon here is an idea DO NOT PLAY it. Heck no one is forcing to to play it and if you want pokemon in 1st to 3rd gen then play that game. I for one welcome this new change compeared to SAME OLD pokemon game plot line.

all your point can be summerised by this tv tropes page https://https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuinedFOREVER

oh and you would agree with this post: https://https://kotaku.com/5888595/...emon-games-the-very-best-like-no-one-ever-was

Last edited:

Mr. Magius

  
    Years
    hey if you are sick of playing pokemon here is an idea DO NOT PLAY it. Heck no one is forcing to to play it and if you want pokemon in 1st to 3rd gen then play that game. I for one welcome this new change compeared to SAME OLD pokemon game plot line.

all your point can be summerised by this tv tropes page https://https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuinedFOREVER
    Well said. For those who can't get used to the new games, then you can decide to not adapt to change, and keep playing the old games over and over again. The Pokémon world is one big world, and even if you enjoy one game more, another game carries a different part of that world, and Game Freak uses a different style to complement the adventure you embark. Game Freak is definitely going in a different direction, but in my opinion, that classic Pokémon feel is still really powerful in the new games, even if it's so drastically different.

blue

gucci
    Years
    They can't just stick to the usual routine... it's actually great that they're spinning out new formulas and ideas and making changes such as the fusions and the two new games, otherwise it would just become predictable and repetitive after so many generations.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    I love how they are doing new things and are being unpredictable. If people want the 'classic Pokémon' feeling, they could always play Pokémon Red again. It's a good thing that there are two games, that gives me two games to play.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    I'm hoping we'll get some news of the game tomorrow on Pokemon Smash. They were meant to reveal the names of the two Kyurem formes and they were already revealed so hopefully we'll get something else such as screenshots or a tiny video like they did with HG/SS.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    Bumping this thread up to remind the excited B2/W2 followers that we may possibly be receiving news tomorrow on Pokemon Smash. The summary is online (has been, anyways) and reads:

ラプラスをたすけろ! / フォーリンラブ&狩野英孝さん登場 / アニメに合わせて「なりきりドンナマイト」開幕 / 映画の最新予告編等、大ニュースがいっぱい!

Save Laplace! / Fallinlove & Eiko Kano Appear / The Anime Collaboration 'Roleplaying Donamite' Begins / Lots of Huge News from the Latest Movie Trailers!

Despite not mentioning B2/W2, we might still get news, as they follow the convention with their summaries where they leave out any major game reveals (as we saw with last weeks episode), so don't rule it out yet.
    Even if not any news for the game, we'll definitely be hearing more of Black/White Kyurem and the movie related to the two as Pokemon Smash has already confirmed that they'll be covering a lot of information on it. You never know; It might even hint at some B2/W2 story/region information.

Other Stuff...
    CoroCoro is expected to leak sometime within the next two weeks, probably at the beginning of the second week. It's bound to have a massive amount of info.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    Yep, Im hoping Coro Coro leaks extra early like it usually does right after a game is revealed. I remember when B/W was revealed it leaked on the 9th, same with HG/SS. Hopefully it'll leak on the 9th of this month too!

Im hoping we'll get something on Pokemon Smash. Like you said, the summary for last weeks episode didnt even mention the HUGE announcement at all, so what's to say we wont get game news this week? I know on the actual TV preview for Smash is showed the female host lifting a sign which revealed the two Kyurem forme names (which we all know was already revealed), so I actually expect to get some sort of different news on the game since Masuda already revealed the names.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Bumping this thread up to remind the excited B2/W2 followers that we may possibly be receiving news tomorrow on Pokemon Smash. The summary is online (has been, anyways) and reads:

Despite not mentioning B2/W2, we might still get news, as they follow the convention with their summaries where they leave out any major game reveals (as we saw with last weeks episode), so don't rule it out yet.
    Even if not any news for the game, we'll definitely be hearing more of Black/White Kyurem and the movie related to the two as Pokemon Smash has already confirmed that they'll be covering a lot of information on it. You never know; It might even hint at some B2/W2 story/region information.

Other Stuff...
    CoroCoro is expected to leak sometime within the next two weeks, probably at the beginning of the second week. It's bound to have a massive amount of info.
    I sure hope so...I expected us to at least get a bit more info on the games this week...
    I hope to get some info on how the Kyurem formes came to be and if we do have new characters, Maybe they will reveal any new ones and their names ^_^.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2013
    You can from the movie banner that the game and movie are actually within relation of each other.

Movie Banner:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    To those wanting to watch Pokemon Smash to see if there will be news on the game (which there likely will be), the same person who streamed it on Youtube last week is doing it again this week so you can watch it live here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXuR2LQuhHQ

I'm hoping for a little video or some screen shots!

blue

gucci
    Years
    Only 11 hours!

We may or may not get screenshots, they did promise us to reveal the names but they've already been leaked all around the internet and even Junichi Masuda himself tweeted them so unless they reveal them again it's kind of a waste of time. I think we'll see a longer movie trailer and that will give us some insight to what the games are going to be about, we may get a teaser trailer of the game but I doubt it.. I'd put money on Corocoro being the first to deliver us some media footage.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    There's 3 months left for the games to be released, so they should reveal some pics and details, we might even get a trailer.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    I don't understand why people are complaining that these are sequels, and would rather have a third "basically the same with minor adjustments" version. Why on Earth would you rather have another game that basically the same as the last two? Why would you not rather have a game with a new/expanded storyline?

I'm so glad GF are doing a seuqel, something new and interesting, it shows that they have imagination and are not frightened to step slightly outside the typical, predictable framework for Pokemon games. Best thing they could've ever done. Good on them.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    I don't understand why people are complaining that these are sequels, and would rather have a third "basically the same with minor adjustments" version. Why on Earth would you rather have another game that basically the same as the last two? Why would you not rather have a game with a new/expanded storyline?

I'm so glad GF are doing a seuqel, something new and interesting, it shows that they have imagination and are not frightened to step slightly outside the typical, predictable framework for Pokemon games. Best thing they could've ever done. Good on them.

There are fans who are still living in the past, scared of new things. The second they see something new, they start huffing and puffing, finding all the worst things that could happen, just being flat-out pessimistic.
    At the end of the day, they know they're going to buy it, though.

I agree with you. I think sequels are the best thing that could have happened instead of just throwing a 3rd game at us. I'm looking at it as GameFreak is trying hard to please their fans and not try to rob me of my money for a souped of version of something I already have.
    Hopefully they'll keep to this formula and never look back at the "directors cut" idea ever again.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
    Years
    :D serebii says to keep an eye on their site, i hope its a news update

and wasnt corocoro supposed to come out the 4th of this month?

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    :D serebii says to keep an eye on their site, i hope its a news update

and wasnt corocoro supposed to come out the 4th of this month?

Serebii always says that, heh. :P
    And CoroCoro usually comes out around the 15th of every month. I imagine with it, news of B2/W2 will flood in since we're closing in on the Japan release.

Junichi Masuda is doing more plugging for Pokemon Smash on his Twitter.
    Pardon for the horrible translation, but here's a fragment of his tweet made 46 minutes ago:

明日は朝からポケモンスマッシュですよー!

Pokemon is a smash in the morning tomorrow Yo!

The rest of his tweet was just saying good work and what not.

Right now in Japan it's Saturday night, so yeah.
    Hopefully he's not just plugging this time and they actually have some news for us! Maybe a short clip of B2/W2! :O

Back