• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Announcement Reaction Thread

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    "Their names, Masuda promised, will be revealed later." (source Pokebeach) While I think this may be related to the formes it could also reference the title's if those aren't their names...the names do seem like place holder's to me.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
    I'm personaly very excited, I honestly thought it'd be Pokemon Grey with Kyurem only having one other form, but this is pretty interesting.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
    Although it does just look like they've spliced Kyurem with Reshiram and Zekrom, I'm sure more effort went in to making them than one would first think.

Unfortunately, it hasn't paid off. Those new Kyurem forms (or Reshiram/Zekrom forms) look terrible. Just my opinion though.

I'm liking the idea that these might be sequels to the Black/White storyline though. Having two new versions sounds promising.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
    I hope you can't travel to Hoenn in this because that would mean it would just be a side-quest as was Kanto in GSC also it would elimate the chance of remakes, I'm still trying to process this information, I'm honestly still expecting the unexpected... one could be for DS the other for 3DS?

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    Announcement Reaction Thread

So, I just noticed. Kyurem (Electric) is on the black background, while Kyurem (Fire) is on the White. Maybe this is nothing, but hey you never know.

Years
    I'm kind of just sitting here laughing because people are judging a game that's LITERALLY just been announced.

Oh, and the resulting Internet explosion is amusing, too.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    I hope we get news on it soon. Im worried we'll have to wait until the middle of March for Coro Coro.

CoroCoro is sure to pack us down with information. The time frame between now and the release is pitifully small, so we'll be getting more information faster and in greater amounts.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I hope you can't travel to Hoenn in this because that would mean it would just be a side-quest as was Kanto in GSC also it would elimate the chance of remakes, I'm still trying to process this information, I'm honestly still expecting the unexpected... one could be for DS the other for 3DS?
    I thought about that too...but it doesn't mention that anywhere...it just seems like both of them are for the ds with 3ds enhanced features...
    I'm expecting Kanto it's self to make a new return...

3Du

Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2012
    Am I the only one that sees TWO third versions = Game Freak wants money!

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    Apparently June 2nd, 2012 is the official release date for Japan according to Masuda and the Pokemon Japan twitter account.

Pharetra

zzzz
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    Gamefreak once again made me fall off my chair. First when they revealed Garbodor, now this announcement. Wow. Just wow.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2012
    I knew they were laughing their heads off at us saying "DUH IT'S POKEMON GREY"

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    I think I see why now Anville Town is similar to Nuvema Town, Maybe it's storyline is after many years but with a new hero with Anville town as the first Town, maybe we can fight Black like red after the Elite four, there's probably going to be the older Pokemon in Unova in these games, there will be a new Gym leader in the last Gym, maybe also a new champion also maybe new battle themes or remixed!
    You know it might be not bad after all!

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    What company DOESN'T want money?

Agreed. I see lots of people on other places complaining about the fact GF is just trying to make money by having two new games, but the whole point they make games is to MAKE MONEY. It's a business its obviously trying to make money just like every other business in the world.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    First things first, I was expecting Alterenate Kyurem to kind of western dragon with a Yin & Yang theme, not something that looks like a last minute splice.
    Pokémon Black 2 & Pokémon White 2? Odd name(s) for the third version (third versions?). it kinda gives the impression that continues from where B/W left off.

For the DS? Just the DS? No 3DS version?

Back