• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Announcement Reaction Thread

Tachikaze

九番隊 // Earth-Severing Wind
Years
  • Kinda like Kirbychu said, I was really hoping to get these for the 3DS. I don't get why they wouldn't do so.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I'm hoping they go the sequel route, if only because I want better-designed player characters. I'm also hoping they revamp the menu system (i.e., stick the menu on the bottom screen instead of the C-Gear.)

I'm also looking to see what old Gym leaders carry over and whether any new ones are introduced. Also who the evil group is this time around. As for Kyurem forms, don't really care. I'll just end up catching the thing and forgetting all about it.

Neutral on the DS/3DS thing too. Yeah, better graphics, but it's not like I have the money to drop on a new 3DS.

Overall, all we have is are names and pictures of two legendary forms that I'll end up not caring about. Not enough for me to get excited about, and based on B/W, I'm erring on the side of caution for these games.

DarthSenorQueso

Officially number 1 snake
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2016
    I would like to point everyone to the english pokemon site. Now what does it say, it says pokemon black and white version 2. This makes me a very disappointed Treecko.:/

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • posted by Patchisou Yutohru said:
    u______u

I'm sorry, but in my opinion Generation V sucks. Pokémon peaked at Generation IV. I don't care what new features they've added or will add to this game with the new versions of it coming out or anything like that. I DO NOT APPROVE OF THIS DECISION HOW CAN THEY DO SUCH A THING??

/bows down.

I am sorry, but this has ruined what I just began to like - Gen V. I can't express how dissapointed I am with the two new forms of Reshiram and Zekrom which seems to be mixed with Kyurem. Ugh, seriously Gamefreak are losing sight of the spirit of the original pokemon, designs that actually looks like creatures - although pokemon being fake - have become machines and cross-breeds of eachother.

Dudypokefan89

Gen II fanboy / Loving Nidoking rn
    Years
  • IMO I think BW2 will be good games, but the fact that Nintendo put them on DS and not it's former failing handheld 3DS, the fact that they are wasteing their time to make a sequel to a game that is really recent, I want to say it will fail, but come on! It's a POKEMON game!.....Rather see a Hoenn Remake than a double dose of a Unova rehash tho.

BrainDamage

Vinyl Jockey
    Years
  • This news was like a complete curveball to me, someone thats been with this pokemon nonsense from day one and whatnot.

I for one am actually glad that its still on the DS and not 3DS.....3DS just never caught on for me....no interest in ever purchasing one

Last edited:

katiekun11

I ♥ Ghost & Ice Type Pokemon!
    Years
  • I have a DSi XL & a 3DS & I would be interested in playing these games on both of them, just to see if anything is different (if they are DSi enhanced or 3DS enhanced for example).

On waking up this morning & reading the news, I felt so disappointed. I actually said to the screen 'Junichi if you wanted to create Digimon, go work for them!'

I don't understand why you'd Splice Zekrom/Reshiram with Kyurem. The only thing I can think of is that Kyurem goes 'crazy' & starts to destroy Unova with his ice-type powers & that everyone has to move to a new region (aka the cut scene in the beginning of the game) the only way to calm him down is for somebody to go capture said legendary & splice Kyurem with it!

Maybe I'm not thinking straight. I did want R/S/E remakes!

PS: I am excited for the games, like I am for every Pokemon game. I just can't help wanting something else.

Raichupacabra

Villain
    Years
  • Maybe we might see what happened to N and Team Plasma after Pokemon Black Version and Pokemon White Version. I hope there are new protagonists, rivals, and if not Team Plasma, a new villainous team.

Also a really unnecessary question: Will they drop the "Version" part from the game's names?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • The new formes look... hilarious lmao. I don't understand what they're meant to be but they look ridiculous in the best possible way. I do very much like this idea though - rather than having a third game they continue the story in a sequel sort of thing. I support it if that's what they're doing anyway; I haven't read too closely into it.

It gives me hope for sequel continuations of the other generations! The good generations...

The Void

hiiiii
    Years
  • GUYS I HAVE NEWS!!!

Two forms of Kyurem...

Black Kyurem:

120px-646Kyurem-AltForme2.png

White Kyurem:

120px-646Kyurem-AltForme1.png

They kinda look weird but oh well; they look pretty awesome too! >.<

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • I'm just glad that they are for the DS. I am going to buy a DS lite and import the games if they look good. Since the names imply sequels and not just a slight change, I have a feeling this will happen.

I could technically put them on my Supercard too since their DS ROMs but I actually have a job now.

GUYS I HAVE NEWS!!!

Two forms of Kyurem...

Black Kyurem:

120px-646Kyurem-AltForme2.png

White Kyurem:

120px-646Kyurem-AltForme1.png

They kinda look weird but oh well; they look pretty awesome too! >.<

News? This is what we've been talking about for the past 12 hours.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Hopefully these won't be like all the other third versions and be almost identical to the first versions.
    Anyway, quite exited for these, especially seeing how they could make another region to explore and let players go to Unova as the post-game like Gold/Silver.

Only thing which I don't like is how it isn't on the 3DS, as the DS is pretty much a dead system now and the 3DS has already sold 15 million units worldwide. My guess they'll release a fifth version as a 3DS exclusive.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
  • It's a strange idea. Reminds me strangely about what Square-Enix has been doing, to be honest. xD;
    (Final Fantasy X-2, Final Fantasy XIII-2)
    I have somewhat mixed thoughts about this. I like this idea over "Pokemon Grey", but I'm a bit taken aback that they're for the regular DS. Of course, I'm still going to buy it. Just a little surprised.
    I'm extremely glad they're expanding on the BW story. It had some untapped potential, which it seems they're going to bring out.
    ...Going to another region would be nice, haha.

As for the forms, I'm sorta neutral about them. xD;
    They look good. Nothing amazing, though.

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
    Years
  • The fact its for DS makes sense. They could of began this game back in 2009 or 2010. Maybe GF knew from the start they wanted to do two games so after BW was done in 08 or 09 they held it off to work on the second half. Now with this said we could get the game close to the Japanese release if its been worked on for so long or get it in the regular 6 months later.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    That depends how much of the game is new content and how much is re-used assets from B/W, something we will see in due time.

Let's not assume for one second that they spent the last year and a half working on a single DS game. 2012 is still young, and there will be many surprises to arise later in the year - for one that has alredy begun with something unusual and different, we can't really put much stock in the same old patterns.

Last edited:

Victini

I neither dislike nor like Kyurem's forms...

Kyurem is supposed to look very broken and funny anyways... s-so the craziness of it's form designs are not all too unexpected for me..

But... Black2 and White2. H-how very unexpected! I like this idea! BW gets a sequel instead of a third game!

What a wondrous twist~.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • These games will actually most likely have nothing to do in Hoenn as I don't think it was set in that time but I'm not completely sure.

Back