• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Announcement Reaction Thread

BlankPoints

Dumb Apples
Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023
    These games will actually most likely have nothing to do in Hoenn as I don't think it was set in that time but I'm not completely sure.

That is not necessarily true, if you look at Johto you'll see it is really short just like Unova (each gym in the next city) and in Johto you go to Kanto. If you look at the logo for the BW2 you'll see something that seem to be a fire/ice crystal and electric/ice crystal but it maybe a Ruby and a Sapphire. The fire ice and the electric ice crystals in the background are maybe hinting to something bigger.

Back to BW2, there were hidden moves and Kyurem did have secret forme. All of this was embedded into Black and White so they were working on this since the original games were finished.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    Well I think since in every generation there's 5 main games, maybe they will remake emerald instead of R/S.
    So now i think if you give the god stone to Zekrom it will fuse with kyurem, the same would happen to Reshiram.

Last edited:

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • GUYS I HAVE NEWS!!!

Two forms of Kyurem...

Black Kyurem:

120px-646Kyurem-AltForme2.png

White Kyurem:

120px-646Kyurem-AltForme1.png

They kinda look weird but oh well; they look pretty awesome too! >.<

Slooooooowwpooooke. :P

Well, i'm glad to see more and more people are starting to warm up to these titles. I was kinda shocked at first, thinking they were re-releasing B/W separately rather than in one game, but after realizing these are sequels I feel like the Pokefans are a kinda blessed.

There's far more pros than there are cons at this point, in my opinion.
    Pros being:
    -It's something new that we've never seen done in the Pokemon franchise before.
    -It's not Gray, so we're not buying something we already have only slightly tweaked.
    -It's for the DS, so even those who lack a 3DS can enjoy it.
    -It's coming out very soon.
    -There's more story to be had, so loose ends get tied and we get far more game to play.
    -In addition to more story, i'm sure it will include the new features that would have been added if it were merely a 3rd version.

Cons:
    -It's NOT on 3DS. I know it contradicts my pro, but I would have liked to see some graphical improvements. It's understandable seeing as it's a B/W sequel, though.
    -The two Kyurem forms don't look that cool, but that's just my opinion. There still are plenty who like them.

Can't wait to get more info!

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    lol After all it was true that there will be no 3rd game to Gen V.
    Probably we'll get more information and pics from the next Corocoro.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • That is not necessarily true, if you look at Johto you'll see it is really short just like Unova (each gym in the next city) and in Johto you go to Kanto. If you look at the logo for the BW2 you'll see something that seem to be a fire/ice crystal and electric/ice crystal but it maybe a Ruby and a Sapphire. The fire ice and the electric ice crystals in the background are maybe hinting to something bigger.

Back to BW2, there were hidden moves and Kyurem did have secret forme. All of this was embedded into Black and White so they were working on this since the original games were finished.

Omg why do people nvm. But that is not what that means the ice is covering the lightning/fire because kyurem is fused with zekrom/reshiram this also points out that they will most likely be fire/ice and electric/ice. This has nothing to do with another region. Our only hope is a chain of islands(sevii island type). Gf won't waste money adding another region when they could make another game in the future to make them a hell of a lot more moneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoney.

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    As far as the time thing goes, gen 1 and gen 3 share the same time period. Likewise, gen 2 and gen 4 take place together about 3 years after 1 and 3. If we get Hoenn remakes, that you mean 5 takes place in the same time as 1 and 3. But seeing as BW2 are sequels, we can either get 5.1 taking place with 1 and 3 and 5.2 taking place in a unspecified time jump. Or we could get 5.1 take place before gens 1 and 3, and have 5.2 take place at the same time as the other two. I think having 5.1 before the beginning of what we know of as the beginning of pokemon would be a pretty interesting twist :P

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Ugh, seriously Gamefreak are losing sight of the spirit of the original pokemon, designs that actually looks like creatures - although pokemon being fake - have become machines and cross-breeds of eachother.
    Nah, they're just learning from Digimon. They're doing the right thing.
    I say hit me up with Zekyuremon.
    8RClK.gif

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    So, who's gonna wait for the Grey/Pink/Rainbow version of this game instead?

Oh right.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2016
    As far as the time thing goes, gen 1 and gen 3 share the same time period. Likewise, gen 2 and gen 4 take place together about 3 years after 1 and 3. If we get Hoenn remakes, that you mean 5 takes place in the same time as 1 and 3. But seeing as BW2 are sequels, we can either get 5.1 taking place with 1 and 3 and 5.2 taking place in a unspecified time jump. Or we could get 5.1 take place before gens 1 and 3, and have 5.2 take place at the same time as the other two. I think having 5.1 before the beginning of what we know of as the beginning of pokemon would be a pretty interesting twist :P

That sounds like a very interesting idea, but there's one problem. If you remember, in N's Castle, one of the grunts states that: "Team Galactic and Team Rocket drew too much attention to themselves. That's why their plans were thwarted." Also, the Team Rocket Grunt that stole the machine part in G/S/C/HG/SS appears in Iccirus City. This shows that B/W must take place after the events of gen 2+4, and therefore, gen 1+3 as well. The only way I can think of gen 5 coinciding with gen 3 is if 5.2 takes place before 5.1, but that's very unlikely.

As for the games, I'm so glad that they're being released. I was always kind of frustrated that B/W had so many mysteries left unsolved (Who were the Shadow Triad and where did they go? Where did N and Ghetsis go after the end? Who on earth were Anthea and Concordia?), but now I see that it was all intended, and are probably going to be solved in B2/W2. I just hope that they pull it off well.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2014
    Well to anyone that's complaining, "why isn't this on the 3DS?", imagine all the complaints we'll get when people start complaining they don't feel like spending close to $200 just to play Pokemon. I know that I wouldn't do it, even though I have the 3DS already. If I didn't, I wouldn't even bother.

Tashiro

Total Perspective Vortex
    Years
  • Black 2: coming soon to Tashiro's DS. Zekyurem looks gloriously hideous. <3

Will this be the one that's packaged with 3DS systems? I hope so. I'm holding out on buying a 3DS until there are Pokémon-themed ones.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Hoen appearing in the sequels is a very very VERY low chance. Yes they COULD do it like Johto EXCEPT, Johto and Kanto were literally just a short walk away from each other. Unova and Hoen have a vast ocean with untold miles between the two and Gamefreak would be less likely to add them in just because of them wanting to Separate Unova from the other four.

Unova isn't supposed to have any connections to the older regions, that's why its so far away. For them to magically link the old regions to Unova would be undoing all the work they put in to solidify the fact that its extremely far away.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I think these are smaller projects hence why 1 they're kind of rushed considering they got a release date the same day they were announced and that release date is just 3 months away because they want to save a bigger project for the first Pokémon game on 3DS. Also, Hoenn and Unova are too similar in appearence so it would kinda be pointless.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Hoen appearing in the sequels is a very very VERY low chance. Yes they COULD do it like Johto EXCEPT, Johto and Kanto were literally just a short walk away from each other. Unova and Hoen have a vast ocean with untold miles between the two and Gamefreak would be less likely to add them in just because of them wanting to Separate Unova from the other four.

Unova isn't supposed to have any connections to the older regions, that's why its so far away. For them to magically link the old regions to Unova would be undoing all the work they put in to solidify the fact that its extremely far away.
    Here's an idea

Introduce passports as an item and allow access to airports post-game.
    Have some sort of plane pokemon or whatever.

EDIT: How is the game rushed? It's gonna be out 2-3 months after B/W hits its anniversary.
    This game clearly has been developed for longer than a year.

Unless you actually think this game is gonna be any different besides a new (useless) plot and some dumb improvements here and there.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I wonder when the next update is, whenever it is I'm looking forward to it as the possibilities of these new games are endless right now in speculation.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Ffff, the one time I decide to go out early in the morning and not check on news, but as soon as I saw this I was just like... WTF?!?!

So, much, discussion, going on right now...

I'm so sad this isn't going to be on the 3DS. ;.;

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2012
    Seeing as they White and Black Kyurems are fusions, what type will they be? Dragon must be one, so what will be the other, since I highly doubt they will have a 3-type pokemon.

With Gamefreak, you can't highly doubt anything :P

Years
  • I can see kyurem getting caught in between reshiram and zekrom, tryimg to freeze the world and what not but instea isolates a conjoining fusion flare and fusion bolt, the result... Kyurem splitting 3 ways black kyurem and white kyurem and the frozen shell of lacunosa lore.
    Which would leave the latter still in their resoective dex entries, with only a peice of reshiram and zek ripped away in the fusiom, we still have reshi and zek to catch post game. Hmmm. Plus I think white kyu and black kyu will hold new dex entries, if they make his form interchangeable through a held item then that deletes the purpose for ppl to purchase both versions

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    With Gamefreak, you can't highly doubt anything :P
    You are right, but I think that would be a very, very big sort of thing to do, and would change mechanics a lot. They'll probably do something like Fire/Ice and Electric/Ice whilst retaining dragon moves in move pool.

Last edited:
    Back