• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Announcement Reaction Thread

Mechanic

Shin!~ hohohohoho!~
Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    ^ I'd love for the regional dex to not just be Unova this time around. If anyone has been keeping up with my blog, I've used every Unova Pokemon. lol So I am honestly sick of Unova Pokemon, unless they are named Petilil or Victini. Plus, I think a lot of other people are sick of just Unova. It can't just be me. So yeah, I'm really hoping for some other non-gen V Pokemon to be incorporated into the games. The beginning of BW was so bland too. The trainers hardly had any diversity. Before the first gym, you can only get your starter, Lillipup, Patrat, Purrloin, a monkey, Audino, and Munna. Compare that to say, Ruby and Sapphire where you could get your starter, Zigzagoon, Wingull, Wurmple, Lotad/Seedot, Ralts, Shroomish, Tailow, Slakoth, Ninc-- okay you get the point, lol. There was a lot of stuff available and trainers had better team diversity (some had stuff you couldn't even get right away, like Machop and Geodude). So yeah, I'd love to see more options with B2W2, especially in the beginning of the game.

THIS THIS AND THIS!!!

I'm on my way to the 7th Gym and i still don't have my complete 6 team rooster that i like to keep until i got up to the E4, they are just sooo UGHHHH i can barely bear some of them, i like a lot of what i have but i need something else >,<

blue

gucci
    Years
  • ^ I'd love for the regional dex to not just be Unova this time around. If anyone has been keeping up with my blog, I've used every Unova Pokemon. lol So I am honestly sick of Unova Pokemon, unless they are named Petilil or Victini. Plus, I think a lot of other people are sick of just Unova. It can't just be me. So yeah, I'm really hoping for some other non-gen V Pokemon to be incorporated into the games. The beginning of BW was so bland too. The trainers hardly had any diversity. Before the first gym, you can only get your starter, Lillipup, Patrat, Purrloin, a monkey, Audino, and Munna. Compare that to say, Ruby and Sapphire where you could get your starter, Zigzagoon, Wingull, Wurmple, Lotad/Seedot, Ralts, Shroomish, Tailow, Slakoth, Ninc-- okay you get the point, lol. There was a lot of stuff available and trainers had better team diversity (some had stuff you couldn't even get right away, like Machop and Geodude). So yeah, I'd love to see more options with B2W2, especially in the beginning of the game.

Yeah, well they mixed up the Dex in Platinum from Diamond & Pearl so I can only think they will do the same with this.. maybe adding Hoenn Pokémon considering they're hard to obtain currently... well some of them are anyway.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I think Nintendo stalked all Pokemon forums and saw we were expecting Grey and deliberately made Black 2 and White 2. We just got trolled.

Sydian, I think you just made the most unexpectedly true acclaimation to Game Freak's overall personality – This is what they're up to, folks. ^^;

My opinion as to why Game Freak is switching things up is, simply put, they aim to shock us, but with a well-thought out system that is slowly revealed. Very sneaky and smart, those folks! ;D

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    I can't wait to get info on this game. Coro Coro will likely be our first source of info for the game, unless Pokemon Smash gives us something little before Coro Coro like they did with HG/SS.

Minishcap

Fecaloma
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2012
    The poster pics gives me the impression of "morph evolution", i.e. two Pokémon evolving into one.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Sequel? Now wouldn't that be interesting. . . . It would certainly make me feel better about the new Kyurem forms looking like bad splice jobs. It just seems odd that the third version will be two games. . . . *Sigh* Guess I'll be buyin' 'em both again, lol. The fact that they're also "Pokemon 2," . . . is, well, I guess it just bugs me because it seems odd in the world of Pokemon. HEY, it's interesting and something new. I like it.
    Ugh . . . I guess that means the two signature moves of Kyurem depend on what forme you get, doesn't it? BAH. I'll get them both anyways, because I'm that awesome. Sadly, I could not read this whole thread because I'm lazy and have little time to. However, I hear that there's much hate going on? LET THIS SOOTHE YOU:
    NyanCat.gif

There, the world is right once more. I'll be seeing you.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2014
    It sounds to me like they are making an entirely new story based in the Unova region. Whilst this may raise the question of: "Is Game Freak running out of ideas for new Pokemon?", it also adds an interesting layer to Pokemon which we haven't seen much of before; Continued story-line.

I can't remember who said it but someone suggested that we might return to Hoenn during the game. I like this idea and there is evidence to support it. They played gen 3 music before the announcement of the games and also made reference to gen 3 several other times.

I'm actually pretty excited about the new games :D

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Please don't use the world "Obvious" multiple times we've used that word this generation it turned out to be wrong like Luvdisc having an evolution, the third game being called Grey/Gray...
    It could just be an alternate version of BW with many changes not a true sequel...though I hope it's a sequel...

@ first line: 10/10.

@ second line: Nooo don't say that ;; I'd much rather a sequel since EXCITING. Whereas just an alternate version? Not really. ;x New adventure implies otherwise though!!

I think Nintendo stalked all Pokemon forums and saw we were expecting Grey and deliberately made Black 2 and White 2. We just got trolled.

Definitely, or at least that'd be kinda awesome. I look forward to seeing my ideas included in Black 2 and White 2.

Cazzef

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • My reaction, was ''A SEQUEL!?'' it was very suprising, I guess Nintendo aren't as predictable as I thought. Here I am expecting a third game, or a R/S remake, or even a proper 3D adventure game for 3DS, but I guess I'll have to wait a little longer for that... The formes look awesome as well! Can't wait for more info on the game though.

Raichupacabra

Villain
    Years
  • You guys have to pray that it be an actual sequel. We need at least two or three screenshots of the overworld to at least get some information.

OFF TOPIC: I remember when Black and White screenshots were revealed and everyone was wondering what that cave was.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • My initial thoughts were "If this just make alternate dragons on two different games then what's the point if the story is essentially the same". Or before reading it I was like I am sick of the alternative story lines, then when I found out it was a sequel I was a bit more pleased. Right now I am just interested to see where they go from here.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • They're going to have to start dishing out some details and fast... June is approaching. I think Masuda will reveal something on Twitter and then CoroCoro will cover more of it in the March release around the 15th.

Also I can see N being called his full name this time round, Natural Harmonia Gropius.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I doubt he'll be called that in the upcoming games. Sure it's interesting it was revealed afterwards, but I think that'd take the "mystery" out of his name. I guess they announced it for a reason, but... still. :(

Either way if you wanna discuss how his name is pronounced (and what it means), best to make a separate thread on that.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    I'm doubtful there will be hoenn in these games, the games are essentially the 3rd game of Gen V.
    And interesting that it comes less than 2 years in US unlike the previous 3rd games, I think Hoenn
    remake will be revealed after one month of the US release of BW2, and since they are called
    black and white version 2 I don't think it's a sequel, it's just like a 3rd game.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Well it's possible that you could travel back there in the games. I mean chances are you'll probably be using the planes in Mistralton (MAYBE? IF SO I WILL LOVE YOU GAME FREAK) and if so, you could probably fly there. :3 Besides it'd open up the idea of R/S remakes, and besides, you never know, especially since we didn't expect two games. ;x

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    Well it's possible that you could travel back there in the games. I mean chances are you'll probably be using the planes in Mistralton (MAYBE? IF SO I WILL LOVE YOU GAME FREAK) and if so, you could probably fly there. :3 Besides it'd open up the idea of R/S remakes, and besides, you never know, especially since we didn't expect two games. ;x
    IMO it would be better to make R/S remakes in the future for more development, if they make hoenn accessible, what game they would
    do next for this Gen?
    Something important for BW2 what I want to see is to make the games harder.

Back