• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen *annoyed* Shiny Starly

Hawks

Elite Trainer
    Years
    Yes, I know a shiny starly isn't the greatest thing int he world.. But as I was chasing after Mesprit, I found the grass it was in and started searching,

I surprising found a shiny starly. I through a poke ball, caught it instantly, and then went on to catch mesprit. I failed to catch it and accidently killed it.

Then I thought 'Yes! a shiny!' and then it hit me. I wouldn't have another chance to catch Mesprit.. So I was forced to choose.. Shiny starly or Mesprit.

In the end, I chose to turn it off and on and attempt Mesprit again. But now I feel so foolish for not saving after I caught the shiny! :(

Oh well, life goes on.

Years
    That decision would of depended on how many shines I have already, if I had to make the decision.

I would of chose to keep the Starly.

But then again, that would of been my first shiny.

MegaMushroom07

Animal Crossing Most-Wanted
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2010
    Mespirit is one of most pathetic Pokemon there is; I'd have kept the Starley.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Who cares about a stupid Mesprit? I'd take the starly. But that might be because I hate Legends. :)

MegaMushroom07

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2010
    Nobody would accept a Mespirit for a Shiny Starley....you have to consider these things.

Dyegov

Spider Pig!
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Apr 1, 2008
    It's too late to keep the shiny, but IMO that's what you should have done. A shiny is not that easy to find, but anyway, life goes on . . .

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    u coud of got mespirt of most people neway, but wots the fuss about shinies are they stronger?

MegaMushroom07

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2010
    This text makes my eyes bleed....

Shiny Pokemon are rare; You have about 1 in 4920 chance of encountering one. Also, some Pokemon look great in shiny form, e.g., Charizard, which is black.

Gooberdued

< Is friggin' awesome
    Years
    Actually, MegaMushroom, they're even rarer, about 1 in 8000.

I agree with what Vettore said, keep the Starly and get a Mespirit on GTS. Although that's easy for me to say (I have an unlimited supply of legit Jirachis to use as trading fodder), as you might not have anything someone might want for a Mespirit.

MegaMushroom07

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2010
    But he does have a Mespirit. So, there would be little purpose in searching for one.

ultranerd57

Hello again.
    Years
    Actually, MegaMushroom, they're even rarer, about 1 in 8000.

I agree with what Vettore said, keep the Starly and get a Mespirit on GTS. Although that's easy for me to say (I have an unlimited supply of legit Jirachis to use as trading fodder), as you might not have anything someone might want for a Mespirit.

To be exact its a 1 in 8192 chance to get a shiny.
    Oh and good luck finding another shiny starly.

Ariel

tsugi no mai, hakuren.
    Years
    That's truly gutting.

I believe a lesson can be learned from all of this:
    ALWAYS SAVE AFTER CATCHING A SHINY POKEMON.
    :]

Since your connection is not so good, you made the right choice by re-setting for Mesprit. Despite everyone saying Mesprit is lame, it's still a Legendary and needed to advance to the National Dex. And it WAS just a Starly, after all. Nothing that's awesome. However...a Shiny Staraptor, is pretty awesome.

ThePlaya

I Am The Charizard Master
    Years
    That's truly gutting.

I believe a lesson can be learned from all of this:
    ALWAYS SAVE AFTER CATCHING A SHINY POKEMON.
    :]

Since your connection is not so good, you made the right choice by re-setting for Mesprit. Despite everyone saying Mesprit is lame, it's still a Legendary and needed to advance to the National Dex. And it WAS just a Starly, after all. Nothing that's awesome. However...a Shiny Staraptor, is pretty awesome.
    Well you don't need to have it(Catch it)all you need to do is to have seen it...btw you should have kept the shiny starly because no one cares about Mesprit...shinys are more rare then legendaries...me thinks.And legendarys are just not cool for me

Back