• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

another Fail team for you guys to rate...or tear apart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Detox

Yeah, so ive been working on a gravity team and this is what I got so far...

Blissey @ Leftovers
    Calm Nature
    Serene Grace
    252 Defense | 80 Special Attack | 176 HP
    -Gravity
    -Sing
    -Softboiled
    -Fire Blast

Sets up gravity, so the sweeping can begin.

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
    Jolly Nature
    Own Tempo
    252 Speed | 252 Attack | 4 HP
    -Gravity
    -Toxic Spikes
    -Spikes | Stealth Rock
    -Explosion

Sets up gravity and abuses spikes.

Infernape @ Life Orb
    Timid Nature
    Blaze
    252 Special attack | 252 Speed | 4 HP
    -Nasty Plot
    -Fire Blast
    -Focus Blast
    -Grass Knot | Hidden Power Electric

Special sweeper,helps against things like Metagross, Breloom and Skarmory.

Machamp @ Flame Orb
    Adamant Nature
    Guts
    252 Attack | 252 Speed | 4 HP
    -Cross Chop
    -Ice Punch
    -Payback
    -Stone Edge

Physical Sweeper, I use Guts over No Gaurd because of gravity, and a guts boost is always nice.

Gyarados @ Life Orb
    Adamant Nature
    Intimidate
    -Aqua Tail
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge
    -Dragon Dance

DD / Late game sweeper

Scizor @ Life Orb
    Adamant Nature
    Technician
    -Bullet Punch
    -U Turn
    -Superpower | Brick Break
    -Swords Dance

Mainly used to revenge kill, but I really bring it out late game when threats are gone.

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years

take gravity off >.<

blissey never leads, try swampert/metagross to set up stealth rocks

Machamp could do without the flame orb because of the ever present rotom forms and gengar carrying WoW. replace with LO/choice band. Cross chop is good, but go for the win here and try out close combat for the OHKOs. I would also replace ice punch with fire to kill off scizor.

Gyarados would like Waterfall > aqua tail for perfect accuracy and flinch

Smeargle is a great Baton passer, use it to the fullest. gotta switch focus sash with salac berry for two passing stat boosts.

244 HP / 12 Def / 252 Spe
    Spore
    Belly Drum
    Baton Pass
    Substitute

Infernape loves being mixed, besides, Focus blast has terrible accuracy, so switch that out with CC. HP Ice over HP electric to cover dragons

Detox

Its a gravity team...

Meaning I need Gravity for it to work...

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    Gyarados @ Life Orb
    Adamant Nature
    Intimidate
    -Aqua Tail Waterfall
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge
    -Dragon Dance

Aqua Tail has a 90 Accuracy which might be Suck when you miss. Waterfall is Which Gyarados needs

Blissey @ Leftovers
    Calm Nature
    Serene Grace
    252 Defense | 80 Special Attack | 176 HP
    -Gravity
    -Sing Thunder Wave
    -Softboiled
    -Fire Blast

I understand that this is a Gravity Team , but Sing is a very bad Move which has 55 Accuracy . Thunder Wave is good to Cripple Sweepers who depend on their Awesome Speed

@revelp8: If he Changed his NP Ape into Mixape . He wont have a strong Special Sweeper . Even if Mixape is about Mix sweeping , yet it wont have a high SpA to Sweep . Close Combat Over Focus Blast? This is an NP Ape not an SD Ape...

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Firstly Sing has 90%~ accuracy during Gravity.

I also find that the extra power of Aqua Tail goes along way on LO Gyara and it isnt THAT bad accuracy (He also has gravity). On a side note i REALLY want to write a guide about how moves <95% accuracy arnt bad or inferior when they have more power or have some sort of permanent effect. ._.

Anyways, Blissey is the worst lead imaginable. Lead with Smeargle since it can actually do something. Needs more Spore since its useless without it, especially the spiker set since it NEEDS that sleep to set stuff up. Put another special attack or something >> Sing on Bliss if you want to avoid sleep clause.

Flame Orb is ass on Machamp. Like really.

Foe Gyarados lol at you as does Salamence. In addition there are so many other threats you cant handle its unreal. =/

Also 2 gravity users is NOT enough to support this team or any team. Ever.

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
  • sorry to go a bit off topic here but i did not realize that gravity boosted accuracy of moves.

Ok, even if you have gravity on the field, you're going to be using spikes. that's a whole 4 turns of you trying to set up and survive attacks that opponents are going to firing off at you. Its a interesting strategy, never even thought about it until I read this thread, but its just TOO MUCH SET UP.

Even then, there's no phazer on this team to make it count if you're going to be abusing spikes with gravity. You'd have to put in swampert I think to make this team really work. His roar + putting up stealth rocks will help with some synergy on this team

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Smeargle is random and idiotic, aka does nothing for this team at all. Use Dusknoir in its place, since currently, an SD Luke can 6-0 you with ease. Dusknoir can at least cover it a bit, though I'd much rather you run a different lead than Blissey. Hell, you could forget Dusknoir, grow a pair, and use Jirachi, with some Speed EVs, to outrun and KO Lucario.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Smeargle is random and idiotic, aka does nothing for this team at all. Use Dusknoir in its place, since currently, an SD Luke can 6-0 you with ease. Dusknoir can at least cover it a bit, though I'd much rather you run a different lead than Blissey. Hell, you could forget Dusknoir, grow a pair, and use Jirachi, with some Speed EVs, to outrun and KO Lucario.

Jirachi actually has a lot of trouble OHKOing Lucario, even with something like Hidden Power Fire or just hitting it with STAB Psychic...nothing actually OHKOes. With a few LO recoils it works though, and like half of this team is death fodder anyway so I guess it wouldn't really matter.

Ugh this team is such a mess. No defenses AT ALL (in any form besides Scizor's Bullet Punch...yay?) and the offense is pretty weak and easily smashed by your common stall team. This just isn't going to work >_>

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Jirachi actually has a lot of trouble OHKOing Lucario, even with something like Hidden Power Fire or just hitting it with STAB Psychic...nothing actually OHKOes. With a few LO recoils it works though, and like half of this team is death fodder anyway so I guess it wouldn't really matter.

Ugh this team is such a mess. No defenses AT ALL (in any form besides Scizor's Bullet Punch...yay?) and the offense is pretty weak and easily smashed by your common stall team. This just isn't going to work >_>

*Touches* ;) lol!

Anyway this thread is getting locked by request of the OP.

~Closed~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back