• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

another newbie here

Years
    Hi I'm purple. I just found this site so I don't know what to expect at this moment. I hope to be able to talk to fellow pokemon fans without upsetting anyone or the rules here.

A little thing about my self as a trainer is I am a big fan of steel and bug types so pokemon like scizor are up there on my list if favourites.
    I'm not much of a competitive battler but I do like to give my pokemon what I think is a balanced move set with a good nature and ability. I have only just got into iv breeding with x and y.

I spend most of my time on pokemon games trading and shiny hunting but on pokemon x and y have been trying to get the dex entries of every pokemon and collect all the shiny mega pokemon. I think I only have about half of the shiny megas right now and I am one pokemon away from catching them all!

My choice of starters amuses me.
    Charmander, chikorita, treeko, chimchar, snivy and froakie.
    3 grass, 2 fire and a water.

My favorite gen is 3rd which might have something to do with my first pokemon game being emerald.

Would love to make some new pokemon friends here and I hope you feel the same!

Hi there Purple and welcome to PC! :') You'll fit in just fine, don't worry!

If you like bug and steel types then I recommend checking the Pokemon Clubs boards and joining our type fanclubs. There are plenty available and the members would love having more friendly faces join them to get involved in discussions. Be sure to poke around to see what clubs are available - you'll find a lot of great places to dive into.

Aaand if you're a trader there's the wonderful Trade Corner for all things related to trading, too. I just recently completed the national dex in Pokemon X so now I'm off to try and get more shinies too and it's a lot of fun. I like how they were made a little easier to get.. so much less struggling.

Enjoy your time here! Hope you love PokeCommunity and end up sticking with us for a long while. Let the staff know if you need anything, yes?

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Of course I would love to become friends with you! Feel free to send me a friend request and I will happily accept! And welcome to the forums! <3 We have bunch of things around here, so, there are indeed a lot of things to expect! :3

Steel and Bug pokemon are awesomeee, like Heracross, Scizor, Scyther, Steelix, and Mawile! In fact, why not check out the Steel Pokemon Club, as well as the Bug Pokemon Club? Respectively you can discuss the steel and bug pokemon in those clubs, so, I hope you'll jin and meet loaaads of people. I also love to shiny hunt from time to time too, right I'm STILL trying to find a shiny Seviper, but, a Shiny Buneary wouldn't hurt either, heehe. Also, perhaps you can check out the Trade Corner if you want to! You can trade for all sorts of shiny pokemon if you want, as well as anyhting else you have your eye on! :3

Mmm, and Gen 3 is really amazing. Kudos for starting in Emerald, since it has a lot of great pokemon! And the regions is amazinggg in general. Anywho, enjoy your stay, and feel free to contact any staff members anytime you want any help! It's really great to meet you, and have a great afternoon. <33

Years
    Wow, was not expecting replys so soon.

I will make sure to check out the clubs! I did have a little nose at the trade sections and made a post. Meloetta is the final pokemon I need and I have been on the hunt for a shiny scyther but its being a bother some hunt. I would think that hunting seviper would be rather hard unless you are breeding. Took my a while to catch a normal one because of the zangoose.

I love 3rd gen. The pokemon that are in it are awesome and I just love the feel of the games. I like how they introduced contests so you can have a new way to raise pokemon but it was a little to basic.

Thank you both for the advice and friendly welcome as well, its much appreciated!

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2014
    Greetings, fellow newcomer!

You're a shiny hunter too? I do that myself, time consuming but generally worth it!

I'm not very good at saying a warming welcome like everyone else seems to be, but welcome here anyway! And good luck with any shiny hunts you're doing too.

Years
    I think there was nothing wrong with your welcome at all ^-^

Some shiny hunts can be shockingly short and some horribly long. I breed all the shinies I hunt so I have some interesting chains. I got a shiny lapras after 4 eggs once :)

I do gave a fair bit if luck when it comes to random shiny encounters as well as I have found a shiny psyduck, pikachu, pachirisu and litwick at random and all had good ivs and a OK or helpful nature. But none of them are a scyther. Shiny scyther continues to elude me >.>

Back