• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Another One Gabites the Dust!" Episode Discussion

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    If she comes back though she could light a fire under Dawn like Drew did with May. Do you really want Zoey and Kenny to be Dawn's rivals in the Grand Festival? They aren't that exciting to watch.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    If she comes back though she could light a fire under Dawn like Drew did with May. Do you really want Zoey and Kenny to be Dawn's rivals in the Grand Festival? They aren't that exciting to watch.

I actually want Jesse to be Dawn's rival, she's pretty good but she always has to lose because she's Team Rocket

Jmath

*blank*
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2011
    But URSULA?? Why URSULA?

???URSULA???

I have to apologize for that spazzem back there... Name didn't really fit ya know? But I really hope we see her again cuz she's got this cute good-girl look to her but her personallity is like POW! a little vengeful... and devlish
    There's the answer right there.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    Hell, I never post in dub episodes, but something caught my eye.

Ursula. Is she related to that sea witch in The Little Mermaid?
    *checks* HOLY KARP. She may be mean and such, but calling her Ursula is really an insult! I mean, she WAS quite a good character.

EDIT: Silence until the sea witch comes. They really respect her, don't they?
    And I thought I heard Ash say damn it.

Last edited:
    Years
    I thought it was interesting that Jessie didn't have a meltdown when she lost. She still needs 3 wins to make it to the Grand Festival. And a couple new Pokemon would help as well.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    I liked the episode as a whole, but I didn;t really like the 'climactic' battle. Gabite, for all its fugliness, kinda owned Pachirisu to be fair. My ELoT:

- stop stealing the credit ash >:|
    - Those cries at the end of the theme still really bug me >.>
    - Damn you Ambipom and your Dawn-catching skills!
    - 'Kay? 'Kay!
    - God, Gabite is hideous. It's like a shark plus a torpedo plus a jet engine. It should be awesome but it sucks.
    - Yeah!!!!! Chocovine!!!
    - I'm betting at least one person was trying to see up her dress when she did that.
    - ASH IS HITTING ON BUNEARY!
    - I'm betting on Jessie :D
    - Nicely pasting over the battle frontier line there :D
    - Or not.
    - Wobbuffet sounds really creepy when its crying.
    - They overuse that spin dodge thing.
    - Mamoswine reminds me of Manny from Ice Age.
    - Is it just me or is this a load of crap?
    - Pachirisu used...Rapid Spin?
    - Yeah, because that's definitely not a compliment.

Years
    Dawn's new rival is the best one she has had. I'm glad it's an uncommon name like Ursala. (Reminds me of the witch in Little Mermaid.) This rival looks different than other rivals. In a way she reminds me of Angelica Pickles with the pigtails and the evil laugh. That rival was given the quickest development in just one episode. Also, Jessie doesn't seem to like Ursala either. I like the battle frontier theme used in this episode. Noticed they changed it to "let the battle begin." It sounds better in this episode then when it did as a theme song. Overall, very good episode for the DP season. Way better than I expected.

False Flag

Anime/Manga Junkie
    Years

Yeah, it's about time Dawn got a new rival. Speaking of Dawn, her Pachirisu is the third electric type to beat a ground type, the other two being Pikachu and Paul's Electabuzz. As I've said before, there's no type advantage in pokemon and I'm glad Dawn got to use her other pokemon in the spotlight. I loled when Pachi didn't like Ursula's poffin.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    ^ There is type advantage/disadvantage. It's just Ash's always like "i don't care about type disadvantage zomg i care about the pokemon's strength zomg"
    ...that's why you always lose to Paul, my dear...

Back