• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Another way to make in-game cash in Pokemon X/Y?

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2013
    basically, im finding it hard just making cash off trainers,
    it makes it hard to hang about and grind, i find i have to
    keep going on the move through the game, is there
    another way to make cash in x/y?
    for instance is there an vs seeker to re-challenge
    trainers or something?

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • Make sure you have an Amulet Coin, which doubles the amount of money you receive if the Pokemon holding it enters into a battle.

When I am low on cash I go and re-challenge the Elite Four. Gives you lots of money!

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
  • Breaking rocks is a simple way to get money by selling the drops. Otherwise E4 and amulet coin is the best way to go.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I also find it annoying to make money in this game. Probably the hardest game to make money. If your like me then you hate rechallenging the E4. But that is what I have been doing. I am sure it will become quicker once I get a level 100 on the game.

I wish they had an area like Unova just a smaller amount. It was easy to make money in Unova with the 2 stadiums that you could keep rechallengeing daily in Nimbasa.

The Doctor

What!?
    Years
  • I also find it annoying to make money in this game. Probably the hardest game to make money. If your like me then you hate rechallenging the E4. But that is what I have been doing. I am sure it will become quicker once I get a level 100 on the game.

I wish they had an area like Unova just a smaller amount. It was easy to make money in Unova with the 2 stadiums that you could keep rechallengeing daily in Nimbasa.

My Charizard and Mewtwo are already level 100, with Chesnaught close behind.

Vanish

Poof
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    I also find it annoying to make money in this game. Probably the hardest game to make money. If your like me then you hate rechallenging the E4. But that is what I have been doing. I am sure it will become quicker once I get a level 100 on the game.

Nah, it's pretty easy. If you've beaten the Elite 4 (which you have) and have 100,000 to spare, head over to Restaurant Le Wow in Lumiose City. If you use an Amulet Coin, Prize Money O-Power and meet the turn requirement for each battle (in order to receive the max amount of Balm Mushrooms), you'll make a decent amount of money in a fairly short amount of time.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2014
    I do E4 grinding with lv.100 lapras, lucario and delphox + amulet coin and (currently) O-Power lv.2 prize money.
    If you're quick, you can kill two E4 members before prize money runs out.
    My farm route is Malva (fire) then rush to Siebold (water) with prize money on, defeat Wikstrom (without O-Power), then Drasna and the champ with prize money.
    You get around 230k per run and you can level up three low level pokemon this way, just be careful when they want to learn new moves, this eats up time and prize money may wear off.
    You'll just have to wait for O-Power to recharge a bit before making a second run.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    I've made a lot at the Battle Place near the DayCare, I equip my amulet on my first pokemon and set my shout out to 'Send Money Buff' and people just keep throwing me money buffs while I plow through all the people there. It also gives me a chance to run to the day care an farm eggs, as well as farm my berries which I can sell to the shop eventually.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • Nah, it's pretty easy. If you've beaten the Elite 4 (which you have) and have 100,000 to spare, head over to Restaurant Le Wow in Lumiose City. If you use an Amulet Coin, Prize Money O-Power and meet the turn requirement for each battle (in order to receive the max amount of Balm Mushrooms), you'll make a decent amount of money in a fairly short amount of time.
    Yeah, if you win the battles in the set amount of times, you can get 100,000 and another 300,000-something off of the balm mushrooms alone. Definitely the best money-farming system I've come across.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Try holding onto a Luck Incense. It's got the same effect as an Amulet Coin—doubling your prize money every time you win a battle. If you use both of these items at the same time, then the money could be multiplied by four. Well, I haven't tried it myself, so I'm not quite sure if it really works or not… buuut it should! Luck Incense can be found in Coumarine City, and it costs about nine-thousand dollars.

Another way of earing money is by working at the hotel in Lumiose City. You're able to work three jobs per day, and each job (which only takes about three - four minutes to get done) gives you two-thousand dollars. At the end of the day, you end up making approximately nine-thousand. If the bosses like you, then they'll raise your pay to ten-thousand per job, earning you thirty-thousand dollars each day. With that amount of money, you could buy yourself almost anything! If you continue working, then your wages may get raised even higher.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    Nah, it's pretty easy. If you've beaten the Elite 4 (which you have) and have 100,000 to spare, head over to Restaurant Le Wow in Lumiose City. If you use an Amulet Coin, Prize Money O-Power and meet the turn requirement for each battle (in order to receive the max amount of Balm Mushrooms), you'll make a decent amount of money in a fairly short amount of time.

I can vouch for this method. I make almost 300,000$ per perfect run. Also it's VERY good exp. Even better then E4 in my opinion. Especially the rotation battle. Level 68 Audino says hi. It's very fast as well.

Last edited:
    Years
  • By the end of the game in X I had over 900000P, so I don't think making money is that difficult.

But what would be the best way to make money before beating the game? One that can be done repeatedly and quickly?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • By the end of the game in X I had over 900000P, so I don't think making money is that difficult.

But what would be the best way to make money before beating the game? One that can be done repeatedly and quickly?

I had about that much as well, but the clothing and starter evo stones eat that up quick. I had to get Blastoise and Venasaur stones and that alone was around 500k to 600k. Then the clothes in fancy shop are all around 60k to 180k each.

I might try the balm mushroom thing.

Years
  • Yeah, I didn't spend a lot of money on clothes in that playthrough though. But in my first playthrough of Y, I played as the girl and spent quite a bit more on clothes, although I didn't buy any really expensive TMs like Fire Blast or Thunder (though I did get a few cheaper ones like Bulldoze and Dig). There I had around 600000P at the end in comparison.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • The Balm Mushroom thing helps a lot. If you have 70s, you can do most in 1 turn. It more than doubled what I had. Thanks for letting me know.

Corrosive

Conspiracy Realist
    Years
  • Definitely use the Amulet Coin. In every pokemon game since held items were introduced I've made sure as soon as possible that I get the amulet coin and ALWAYS have it on my first character if I know I'm going to face some trainers. I've currently got 900k and @ the 7th gym leader.

A great way to earn some cash is to hit up the Battle Chateau w/ the Amulet coin and challenge the guys in white suits with the highest level Prize Money o power you've got on you active. You can easily make 20k a battle+ with that.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    During playthrough I just equipped my Charizard with the Amulet coin. Even low trainers would give over 1000. I'm only at 7 Badges as I've wasted countless hours Wonder Trading and what not. I only have about 200,000 but I've bought expensive clothing like 120,000 jacket or 80,000 shoes for example. I always tip the most too. It's usually 1000 but I've given a 10,000 tip when I got the option.

xRekke

Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2014
    Yeah, if you win the battles in the set amount of times, you can get 100,000 and another 300,000-something off of the balm mushrooms alone. Definitely the best money-farming system I've come across.

max 25 balm mushroom which only give ard 150k and battle will give u ard 60k with amulet coin ..

your 100,000 plus 300,000 is too much ...

iTeruri

iAm
    Years
  • I like working for Hotel Richisme. The 3 mini games are pretty simple and give you 10.000 each (2.000 in the beginning, but you get a promotion pretty shortly after). I don't know if your pay increases after 10.000.

Back