• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anti-pokemon

Pechachu

Indifference, I choose you!
    Years
    Lol nice! In my last year of school in the states we had this priest for a dean. One day my friend was making a collection of all shiny cards so i took em out to give em to him. The father saw em took em burnt em and started blessing us with holy water. I told him srcastically want my games as well he took em smashed em and said dont play with the toy from the devil. My favorite day of school pratically.

o__o Wait, what?
    I would have sued, those things cost money. A lot of money, in their prime. Silly people and their ideas of good and evil.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I couldnt cause they wer banned from school for that reason. I shrugged it off anyweh. I bought all the games preused for 5 bux and the cards were my last 5 that cost only 5-6 bux each. I didnt give him all of them and thats why i still have my movie promos and collector edition cards.

wobbadude1

Everybody Polkamon!
    Years
    Judging from the reaction of the post I would say there are MORE fans than people who hate the franchise!

I suppose when things are new older people are slightly afraid of them! But I'm an adult now (technically- young adult anyway) and grew up with the franchise and there is nothing devil related within games or anime!

Hahahahahaha. What can you do other then laugh? .

Couldn't have put it better myself! They need to know what they're bashing before they bash it!

I find it funny that the people who hate it never mention the games, only the anime.

Good point! I've noticed that also...:D

Last edited:

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    Those people are just jealous. They might have not tried playing it or they are just making that site for fun. I really hate people who hate my favorite game. They think Pokemon uses "black magic", what uber boo-boo.

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
    Those people are just jealous. They might have not tried playing it or they are just making that site for fun. I really hate people who hate my favorite game. They think Pokemon uses "black magic", what uber boo-boo.

I doubt they're jealous...I reckon they just see other people no longer enjoying it and think they're acting tough when they hate it. It's simply maturity issues and a need to fit in.
    In other words they suck so ignore em :P

Suzume

Fire Fist
    Years
    I'm okay with someone not liking Pokemon, but that's more like... pathetic. No one even has any good reasons for hating it and all "essays" are just saying: "Yeah, I hate Pokemon because it's so stupid and all people who like it suck." Oookay? You can say that about every game and tv-show if there's not any good reasonings behind it. It's much more fun to live dedicating your time to something you like, not something you hate. ;D

Kirakishou

*~Snowdrop Crystal~*
    Years
    Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion, I guess. At least they've got the decency to keep it out of forums like this one that are full of Pokemon fans.
    I don't see why Pokemon is so different from any other game, though. Sure, its a lot more popular, but that aside, why are they not complaining about a young boy running around with a sword and killing all the wildlife he comes across? Or a fat, aging plumber who makes his living by stamping on the heads of seemingly harmless walking mushrooms? It isn't really fair to pick and choose like that, in my opinion.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I found that rather amusing, to be honest.

Seriously though, people only do this sort of thing for the reactions of other people. If the reaction happens to be moral outrage, the person who wrote the article will feel some sort of self-satisfaction. Meh, they may not be interested in the franchise, but that doesn't mean they need to express their views against it. Especially when it's outright bashing. Just ignore it and move on with your lives. Have fun if you're interested in Pokémon. If not, have fun doing something else. Just don't try and degrade others. It's pretty shallow.

raging lion

Veteran Player
    Years
    Man, if you don't like something you can't just go and destroy it. If you don't like pokemon don't think of it. Let others enjoy it.

Phixum

Little presence of insanity
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Sep 23, 2012
    My best buddy here HATES Pokemon. He KEEPS complaining about it EACH time I mention it. It became one way for me to tease him. XD

Many people ignorantly stigmatize Pokemon. For some reason, those people remind me of the old cavemen who thought that the moon was a monster, and hid in their caves for nights...

Kelster

Artist
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2008
    A lot of the people I hang out still have a lot of respect for the old ones, but don't have the time to have anything to do with the new ones.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I find it sad, to be honest.
    especially the people who think that its satanic because it involves animals fighting each other and evolving.
    if they don't like it, then they should just stay away from it.
    And as i was reading, most of it was because their little siblings always watch it.
    i find it a stupid reason to hate, especially when half of them didn't even play it.
    banning pokemon is stupid, thinking that it was only made for satanic purposes. Its just another money making scheme.

Oh, and i found a good one.
    and to all people who loves them is mentally retarded and a freak
    tsk, tsk, tsk.
    when will they ever learn?
    A game cannot automatically turn your brain cells off, and they treat people who like it like a mutant, when they make a petition to ban it.
    and there was even a post that said pokemon is "gay".
    Well, i'm guessing its deragotory, but since when did pokemon of the same gender breed?
    never, and i found nothing that supports(or degrades) homosexuality in the games.
    truly sad indeed.

Last edited:

wobbadude1

Everybody Polkamon!
    Years
    "There are too main reasons to watch Pokemon. The first and most obvious is the sheer range of inventive imagenation applied to the creation of the nearly five hundred different Pokemon created so far for the series...the other main reason to watch this is because of the character Ash Ketchum himself"

Brian Camp graduate from New York University compliments Pokemon in his book 100 must see anime! This shows educated people are usually fans of the series!

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    idiot said:
    Our reasons for hating pokemon
    1,They have a terrible theme song.
    2,They pollute the atmosphere.
    3,They perform stupid tricks.
    4,Team rocket, well what more can you say?
    5,They put themselves to sleep.
    6,Their mascot is a hellbent electric rat.
    7,One of the characters is an opera dropout.
    8,The main character is a ten year old, who is madly in love with a rat.
    9,The whole thing is a giant hunt for merit badges.

1, OH NO YOU DIDN'T!
    2, ummmmm.........wut?
    3, yeh, breathing fire is 'stupid' isn't it? I mean, if you found a monster that could breathe fire, you'd think it was stupid, wouldn't you?
    4,OH NO YOU DIDN'T!
    5, I think he means jigglypuff, not like how animals are put to sleep. I hope he does...
    6, Well that isn't a very nice way to describe ash, now, is it?
    7,ummmmmmmmm................
    8, Ten? disputable. In love with Pikachu? VERY disputable.
    9, your point being.....?

Yeh, these aren't the most intelligent reasons in the world. I would have thought that SOMEONE might have mentioned the word 'filler'

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    In retrospect, the same can be said about my inherent hate of Dawn and the fanboyism surrounding her.

Because WE ALL KNOW I do it out of the goodness of my heart. I mean...I'm just compelled to say how fugly and annoying she is. It serves a PURPOSE!

*bursts out laughing*

finally someone who agrees with about her! However let's not turn this into a Dawn bashing thread.

I think this guy is taking Pokemon too seriously. The show doesn't really have any cockfighting pretenses, because Pokemon don't die in battle. Plus there are many scenes where trainers express concern for their Pokemon, like the episode where Misty got hit with a Poison Sting attack to protect her Gyarados, or the one where Ash nurses Charizard back to health after he got hit with an Ice Beam(even though Charizard acts like a total douche to him). And don't let me get started on what Ash did for Larvitar....

Roronoa Zolo

Three Sword Master
    Years
    and to all people who loves them is mentally retarded and a freak

LoL. this one makes me laugh.
    Were Retarded? were not the one making stupid excuses to hate on a tv show and a buying pokemon cards just to burn them :P
    Freaks? Hah! guess what. I am :D a poke-freak that is!

Back