• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any Death Note Fan's Here?

Hayate

Freelance Hero.
    Years
    Hence the 'personally' part xP

I've seen the first 9 episodes, but overall I don't like anime series with a somehow...psychological background and such, so therefore I don't really like Death Note ^^;;

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    I've read the manga, but to me the first half (the L arc) was good, and then it went downhill slightly.

I'll tax the anime off my friends once it's over. I don't wanna download them, especially since it ain't much new. I suppose it wouldn't be as good as reading it the first time either, but we'll see.

Excellent ending though, it had me up all night going through it again and again in my head XD;;

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2007
    Well... I saw a part of the live Death note movie. It was pretty interesting. Someday, I'll check out the manga and/or anime.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I've seen up to episode 25 or so, finding it hard to actually keep watching. I forgot how much I didn't really like the second half of the story.

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2007
    I like(d) Death Note, but more so... the minor characters interested me. Like Matt (for those that are familiar with the 'Successors' arc, he's Mello's cohort). Main characters such as L, Light, and the others? They... Well, they seem to be so bland that I almost fall over from how predictable they are.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I watched maybe...the first 4 episodes? Then I got tired of downloading the raws (I could never wait for the subtitled episodes XD) then pretty soon stopped altogether.

I read the manga, though. Loved that to pieces...except maybe the whole Near & Mello bit. I didn't like those two much. And seeing Mello always made me hungry. <__<

Persona

Banned
    Years
    Death Note, is in fact, one of the few series' that I got attached to right from the very first episode. Many seem to agree that anime is outstanding, though I am starting to realize a few overused anime patterns. Death Note really seems to throw some innovation into this animation style. It's a story that will dependently keep myself and others entertained, as it's difficult to predict what Lights next move shall be. The suspense included sure keeps me amused and curious as well. This story receives the highest marks from me in every department, it is the equivalent to a really good book coupled with excellent visuals. Making this something that is not to be missed. I can't really find many negative things of this series, though that plot twist may be somewhat too convenient. That at times you might get a bit confused and clueless at what exactly is going on because the rules of the note can be severely complex at times. It also seems certain parts of the story drags on a bit. The second-half is just different from the first, and I never really thought there was much of a quality drop except right after the death of a character, where it just seemed like information overload and no plot advancement, but fortunately it went back up. Pushing those things aside, the series it still one of the most impressive anime experiences in recent history. A definite favorite.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    Death Note is pretty good, yeah... I love the concept, but I don't like where it goes sometimes. Poor Light, going insane like that... yeah. "Human who tries to be God and fails" is a pretty interesting idea, and one that history will prove. (Where are all the tyrant kings of yesterday? Dead. What'll happen to the scumbags of today? They die. It doesn't matter what you believe, either way, they're dead as doorstops.)

What I really hope is that 4Kids ever gets the dubbing rights to Death Note. Wonder what they would call it? "Shadow Realm Note"? "Note of the Different Dimension"? I can just see Ryuk introducing himself as "God of the shadow realm". Bleh...

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    I got to see about five episodes of this when I went to Penguicon last weekend. It was pretty interesting.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I watched the first ten episodes and I thought they were great. So I am continuing on. Watched episode 11 and 12. It is getting really good. I really like L and Light. XD Those guys are so cool.

willypiggy

パンケーキ! Yum!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    Death ntoe is pretty good, the anime is allright although I pre-fer the live action movies but I did like Death Note when I sued to watch it. Just kinda didnt have time after a few episodes since I need to revise a lot etc.

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
    Years
    Yes, I really like Death Note, it's a great Anime. And I do kinda think after L died, the Anime is slowly getting abit worse. I dunno, and well, Near looks too much like L, imo, and as for the movies, I actually am beginning to like them both more, they really get you stuck to them, and plus, they both have L and Light in, they are probably 2 of the best movies I have ever seen.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Death Note is good, but not as good as other animes I watch. i just want to know how many episodes are there because I just started watching Death Note 2 weeks ago and I'm up to episode 10

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    It's "confirmed" to have 38 episodes. It could be true and it could be fake, 38 is about three seasons in Japanese TV, but I've never seen anything official about it, yet people still claim it's confirmed.

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
    Well Death Note only had 2 arcs. It wasn't meant to be long in the first place. The longer it is, the worse it gets, shown by the significant drop in quality of the second arc to the first.

Psi Yamaneko

Lunatic Pandora
    Years
    Never seen the live action film and I felt that the anime and the manga wouldn't do much for me ("Bored high school student finds a notebook that kills people" blah) but L made it more interesting or, rather, the plot elements L brought that I was not expecting. Battles of wits between paranoid geniuses are always sure winners with me since I like seeing what they're going to do. I also like stories about people who are desperately trying to discover each other's true identities while trying also to present themselves as normal in public. I own The Departed.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I've wanted to read the manga, Light seems like an interesting character...but there are so many others that I have to finish that I never get a chance to pick up volume 1! Also, I usually don't watch the anime of a series if I've never read the manga, or whatever it's based on, hence I haven't watched it yet. But I really want to see the live movies! Tatsuya Fujiwara's in them!!

Back