• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any Death Note Fan's Here?

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
Years
  • Death Note is good stuff. Very deep. To bad Viz had to be anal and stop the fansubs with two episodes to go...though others picked it up ^_^. I wasn't following it until the summer when I had time to catchup in the episodes.

<Nico>

That Guy Over There
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2007
    I'm a big fan of the manga, not so much of the anime and I believe the movies were HORRIBLE and had nothing to do with the rest!

I read all of the manga and it was pretty good, one of the best I have for sure..

Years
  • Hmm... Everyone's saying the manga's so good... :/ they don't sell death note in finland... I got the first volume from england.

And I want to see the movies. :D I've seen the trailer and it seems pretty good.

<Nico>

That Guy Over There
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2007
    Hmm... Everyone's saying the manga's so good... :/ they don't sell death note in finland... I got the first volume from england.

And I want to see the movies. :D I've seen the trailer and it seems pretty good.

get the scans dude, you can find them anywhere on the net..

and trust me the movies are horrible.. -_-

the anime? meh, it was supposed to have 70 episodes but they cut it like better and warpped the story around in 50 frames.. that's just wrong.. and they did the same thing with the second movie..

I liked the first episodes of the anime but I had a strange feeling about it that ended up being true.. damn you whoever or whatever studio made this anime >_>

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    and trust me the movies are horrible.. -_-
    I don't think they were. For one, we don't have to deal with Near and Mello and the twist ending at the end of The Last Name was amazing. I prefer that ending to any of the others. It could have been better as a 10-13 episode J-Drama, but I like what they did with it. The cast was pretty top notch too, Kenichi Matsuyama was great as L, really got his character down and I thought Ryuuk's seiyuu was like ten times better than the anime's, showed the sinister emotion a lot better in his voice and I actually felt that a demon would sound like him.

Of all three forms of Death Note, the movies are my favorite.

the anime? meh, it was supposed to have 70 episodes but they cut it like better and warpped the story around in 50 frames.. that's just wrong.. and they did the same thing with the second movie..
    The anime was never supposed to be that long. It was actually announced to end somewhere around 37 episodes.

Years
  • get the scans dude, you can find them anywhere on the net..

Yes, I know but it's just that I hate reading manga on the internet. ^^' I've tried loads of times, but I just love reading the books... :/

I don't think they were. For one, we don't have to deal with Near and Mello and the twist ending at the end of The Last Name was amazing. I prefer that ending to any of the others. It could have been better as a 10-13 episode J-Drama, but I like what they did with it. The cast was pretty top notch too, Kenichi Matsuyama was great as L, really got his character down and I thought Ryuuk's seiyuu was like ten times better than the anime's, showed the sinister emotion a lot better in his voice and I actually felt that a demon would sound like him.

I thought the movie was pretty cool. I didn't watch it to the end 'cause I was going out, but I guess I'll watch it today. Ooh and L was so great! Exactly like I had imagined him. Only thing was that they could have done the animated Ryuk better. :/

anemos

Insomniac
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2010
    Actualy, i just thought Light's face looks wierd the entire time. i could focus on anything else, something about his face seemed off. ^_^

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • O.o who's Matt? I must've missed some part... or is he only in the manga?
    He's in the anime too--I know because people were whining over how the colour of this clothes changed or something.

I've never seen the appeal in Matt. Ever. I didn't even know who he was until fanart of him kept popping up in the LJ communities I watch. And then I had to go back through the manga and reread it just to figure out that he was a minor character with about 6 lines or something. oo;

I haven't seen the last episode yet. Or anything after 3. I want to watch the final one though just for swimming lessons though. :[

Kurono

Remember?
    Years
  • I've watched the anime series, and though it could've been better, I definitely liked it.

The ending was also somewhat lacking.

I say no more.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • I love Death Note! <3 I have my OWN Death Note! (But I haven't written in it)
    The thing though with my fandoms are that if I get a solid piece of it, I stop obsessing about it... XD Death Note was fun.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    Death Note isnt over yet.

Like in the last Page of the manga, there will be a special episode in Summer, showing whats happened a year later.

hanabiCHILD

tea sipper
    Years
  • really? yay! :DD
    that would be really good! i never want it to end!
    how hawt is L? [or ryuuzaki, whatever makes you happy] *drool*
    i reckon that the manga art is really unique..is kinda different from most other types..more... 3D!
    i also really liked the movies! they are so good, but the ending was somewhat...
    saddening ;____;
    that was the only bad thing though!
    raito and L were both gorgeous and i loved what misa amano wore!
    kawaii ne!

anemos

Insomniac
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2010
    Yeah deathnote is aweosme in all ways, it truly is a work of art. too bad i wasnt able to find some of the middle volumes until last week.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    I'm reading the manga, I'm currently on 11. This is the first manga I've ever read, and I LOVE it! Does anyone have any suggestions for what else I should read?

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • Honestly, I hated the crappy ending. But everything else was cool.

anemos

Insomniac
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2010
    gah! do not post it here! i still have 2 volues to read!

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    The upcoming Death Note special broadcast, which was announced during the last episode of the animated suspense television series, will be a three-hour Death Note Director's Cut: Compete Ending Edition special that airs at 8:03 p.m. on August 31 on Japan's NTV. It will mainly be a compilation of the confrontations between the vigilante Light and the detective L, re-edited from the perspective of Light's Shinigami (God of Death) Ryuk. All-new dialogue and soundtrack will be recorded, and scenes will have additional animation that could not be included in the original series.

A little follow up on the special episode, with date length and plot. 3hours is quite something for a one of special, but I think this is going to be tres interesting if Ryuk is the main character. And of course it has L in. ^_^

From: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-07-12/death-note-tv-special-to-be-three-hour-director's-cut

L Lawliet

Shinigami
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 4, 2008
    A little follow up on the special episode, with date length and plot. 3hours is quite something for a one of special, but I think this is going to be tres interesting if Ryuk is the main character. And of course it has L in. ^_^

From: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-07-12/death-note-tv-special-to-be-three-hour-director's-cut

I know Yay L! I'm so glad it's Light and L. God, not to be rude who are fans of them, but I hate Near and Mello. L is so much cooler. Yeah I am a Death Note fan. I missed the last episode because all the sites I went to took it down. :( I reeally hope I can catch this. I am also trying to buy the manga. Waiting for the DVD to come out. Even though Light's voice is horrible.

Back