• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any Death Note Fan's Here?

anemos

Insomniac
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2010
    I know. (you didnt need to say that, nobody realy liked mello or near.) they...didnt do things the way L would have, and couldnt accuse/capture light/kira without breaking their own rules.)

Lilliputian.

l0l hawt!!!1
    Years
    I know. (you didnt need to say that, nobody realy liked mello or near.) they...didnt do things the way L would have, and couldnt accuse/capture light/kira without breaking their own rules.)

I liked Mello. Not so much Near. He was too... L-like. L can't be replaced ¬_¬

Death Note is like... my most favourite thing ever.
    I think I liked the manga better, but the anime was good for the RaitoxL moments :P

anemos

Insomniac
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2010
    I baerly saw any of the anime. too bad i cnt find any of it.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I think by now pretty much everyone knows the plot twist. o.o

But yeah, I wasn't really a Mello/Near fan either. I mean, I didn't mind Near, but I couldn't stand Mello. He was always making me hungry with his chocolate. D:

I read the manga last year, but now I'm watching the anime with my brother. I think we're up to...episode 27? oo;

Shiraishi

Orz
    Years
    I started with the manga because I happened to be in a japanese bookstore so I got death note because I saw all the rants about it being so great..AND IT IS!!This is my 2nd anime that little children dont watch!(1st is haruhi)As I am in japan right now, I dont wanna buy manga in english..its expensive and I'll feel stupid :/ WHERE ARE YOU EPISODE 10...!?

dalecar

A.K.A : InsaneOtaku
    Years
    Death note is definatley one of the best anime series i have ever seen it was brilliant from start to finish, i also look forward to reading the manga as well.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    I love Death Note, it's my favorite manga at the moment. I thought the L arc was much better than the Near and Mellow arc.

And... I hated the ending. It really ruined it.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I liked the ending.

Spoiler:

Hikari318

Eevee Breeder
    Years
    Spoiler:

anemos

Insomniac
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2010
    trigun, death-note, anything by clamp. (cakesarah, i've been waiting for months for the english release of the last volume of the manga. do you have any idea if/when trigun #13 will be released?

cakesarah

Banned
    Years
    nope, I do not. But I hear its better in Japanese with subtitles.

edit: oops. I'm retarded I thought you were talking about the dvd... yeah, I dont know anything about the mangas... haha.

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    Whoa, wait a minute.

What's this anti-Near and Mello discussion I'm reading? Alright, I didn't really care for Near, but Mello, he was the best villian/hero of the series. Of course, I'm basing this off of personal preference, but he was the only one who, out of the characters who were after the Death Note, showed the most emotional drive behind his actions, which deems him superior in my point of view. And yeah, sure, it was because of his emotions that he inevitably, uh, lost, but he was one of more interesting characters because of that.

In a story surrounding people who can predict and outsmart one another, time and time again, Mello brought in the unpredictability factor, which pretty much saved the day.

Well, anyway, yes, I am a fan of Death Note.

anemos

Insomniac
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2010
    i'm kinda torn. his suicide at the end saved the... (everyone in the warehouse aside from light) he was a great character, worth his own avatar. (that means nothing to anyone else, i only make sigs/avvys if something realy moves meh, as its the only art i care enough to create)they were each great in their own right.

Years
    Love the series, a shame its at an end. Didn't care much for the whole ordeal after L's death, but it was still an interesting Manga. As for Near and Mello...yes I prefered L, of course I did...but Near and Mello both held good parts in the story and I did like they're characters. I agree with Mello being the most developed of the two and by fat the most interesting. His decision at the end was quite a twist and I did enjoy reading about his character and such. So it wasn't all a shame.

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2007
    Yes I love Death Note! The series is so interesting and it really keeps you on the edge of your seat. My fav. character used to be Light. But I don`t like him anymore. He calls himself the God of the new world. lol. I`ve always like Amane Misa though. Her voice is cute. I love how the characters, mostly Light and L, are very manipulative and observant and how they analyze everything.

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2011
    it brilliant, although it was much much better when it was L vs light although i kinda think that completely skipping the last episode would have made a better ending

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2015
    I've read the manga, but to me the first half (the L arc) was good, and then it went downhill slightly.
    Slightly? Once L died(though I'd say it was walking the path of its doom long before that, ever since Misa showed up, to be precise), it went down hill MAD, like there was no tommorow or whatever exaggerated way you wish to put it, and the UNFATHOMABLY non-climactic ending REALLY doesn't do much to help. It's hardly "excellent" when the protagonist of the series dies thanks to the mistakes of someone he himself picked as his assistant and is shot countless times before getting a heart attack, again thanks to the actions of someone he trusted enough to beg pathetically for help(well then again, he was pretty much desperate at this point, so I wouldn't say trust, but somewhere along the line)

The anime I haven't seen much, as the pacing seems far too lackluster, as with the entire series in general, for me to admire. I liked the manga when I was like 12 barely out of elemenary in the 7th goddamn grade, but since then my tastes have long moved on, and it doesn't even strike me as remotely decent, let alone excellent. So yeah, from what anyone can deduce, I'm hardly a fan, let alone an avid one.

Last edited:
    Back