• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any fan-made Pokemon game which include all actual regions (until D/P/Pt)?

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2012
    I took a quick look at the Showcase forum and found that most of the projects are with new place, new Pokemon, etc. Is there any fan-made game that include the actual Pokemon and regions (Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh, Hoenn) up to D/P/Pt (because Unova is hardly connected to the previous generations)? It'll be really great if we can explore all 4 regions, getting all the badges, fighting elite 4 from different regions (G/S/C combined 2 regions, but that's all).

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
  • Pokemon Pyrite will have Kanto and Johto in the game. The mapping is almost done. Kanto has about 90% completion (need to do some caves), and 75% completion of Johto.

MilesG170

Team Enigma Founder
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2015
    It is a cool idea, but I think some people just think that it is not original. It would be a remake of most games. Even with original storylines, you would still be exploring a region you've been to before, with presumably no new maps. That, and it would be a ton of work. I had an idea about this once, where you pull the Ash and always leave your old Pokes behind, but I would rather work on my new regions first.

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2012
    Well, when I played Platinum, then Heart Gold, it makes me think: isn't it great if there's a pokemon game that combine all 4 regions (with new sprites)? We already seen Johto, Kanto, Sinnoh in the new D/P/Pt sprites, but what about Hoenn? I'll really love that.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Well, when I played Platinum, then Heart Gold, it makes me think: isn't it great if there's a pokemon game that combine all 4 regions (with new sprites)? We already seen Johto, Kanto, Sinnoh in the new D/P/Pt sprites, but what about Hoenn? I'll really love that.

I think Hoenn, if re-made will be made in a B/W style due to FR/LG in a R/S way and HG/SS in a D/P/Pt.

And the only closest game I can think for this is Blue Chrome as CountryEmo Said. :3

Bye xD

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Like the others mentioned, Blue Chrome is probably your best bet, since it's one of the few with substantial progress. But that aside, you wouldn't believe how many times i've seen people planning that very thing but never even really starting on it. The reason you probably haven't noticed it is that those projects never make it to the showcase (where you were looking), due to poor planning and lack of motivation and/or lack of skill.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I had an idea about this once, where you pull the Ash and always leave your old Pokes behind, but I would rather work on my new regions first.
    I think if you're going to go down the road of starting new each region, you might as well make a bunch of smaller "episodic" games instead, one game per region. It breaks up the workload, you get something out faster than trying to do it all at once, and it works just as well as "somehow I decided not to take my faithful Dragonite with me". You can have an overarching story if you want, or just some references like recurring characters, but the transition between regions is an excellent place for chapter breaks.

There's no other way to do multiple regions (especially "all" regions) while keeping it relatively sensible. Either you power up successive regions, which can lead to Bug Catchers having level 150 mons, or you start fresh each time. It's just not at all reasonable to offer regions with wild Pokémon all in their 80s and have it look like any kind of place we'd recognise. So really, we're stuck with the starting from scratch option (although it's fine to unlock the previous regions' Pokémon upon beating the Elite Four).

Does anyone else have any ideas on how to actually implement "all four/five regions"? How about preferences?

Ces soirees-la

Hello, Hello
    Years
  • Did you mean any actual game that revolves around all the regions, or ones that feature it.
    Cause mines going to have trips to most of the area's

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    I think if you're going to go down the road of starting new each region, you might as well make a bunch of smaller "episodic" games instead, one game per region. It breaks up the workload, you get something out faster than trying to do it all at once, and it works just as well as "somehow I decided not to take my faithful Dragonite with me". You can have an overarching story if you want, or just some references like recurring characters, but the transition between regions is an excellent place for chapter breaks.

There's no other way to do multiple regions (especially "all" regions) while keeping it relatively sensible. Either you power up successive regions, which can lead to Bug Catchers having level 150 mons, or you start fresh each time. It's just not at all reasonable to offer regions with wild Pokémon all in their 80s and have it look like any kind of place we'd recognise. So really, we're stuck with the starting from scratch option (although it's fine to unlock the previous regions' Pokémon upon beating the Elite Four).

Does anyone else have any ideas on how to actually implement "all four/five regions"? How about preferences?
    Cut the EXP gain by half can help this level thing.

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Cut the EXP gain by half can help this level thing.
    Levels are a measure of how much effort you put into training a Pokémon. Even though halving the Exp gain will keep the numbers lower, you'll still know how much effort it took to get something to, say, level 40. You still have the problem of being surrounded by level 40-odd wild Pokémon in later regions, because you know it took you a lot of effort to get your Pokémon to that level, yet all these wild Pokémon are at the same level.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Levels are a measure of how much effort you put into training a Pokémon. Even though halving the Exp gain will keep the numbers lower, you'll still know how much effort it took to get something to, say, level 40. You still have the problem of being surrounded by level 40-odd wild Pokémon in later regions, because you know it took you a lot of effort to get your Pokémon to that level, yet all these wild Pokémon are at the same level.
    But don't have efforts. For this you don't trade your trained pokémon for wild. You can also does like Kanto in GSC and put most wild pokémon in low level.

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    But don't have efforts. For this you don't trade your trained pokémon for wild. You can also does like Kanto in GSC and put most wild pokémon in low level.
    What do you mean, "don't have efforts"? If I've gone through Kanto and Johto already, I'm going to have raised my Pokémon a lot, and I know how long I spent doing that. To find wild Poochyena on route 101 that are the same level as the mons I've used throughout the last two regions just breaks the mood.

Alternatively, making wild Pokémon just as weak as they are in the actual games, while still using the same Pokémon you've been using for the last two regions is no challenge at all.

The system of starting anew in each region (which wasn't what I was talking about above) doesn't need any fiddling with levels and Exp gains. Each region would practically be a separate game. Gaining access to old Pokémon upon beating the Elite Four (or being allowed to travel freely to older regions upon that) wouldn't affect the game, since the Elite Four is the end of the story. Or if it isn't, only allow access to older regions/mons once the story for the current region has finished.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2016
    im hoping to include all the regions including the sinnoh region and possibly the orre region and the orange islands but with the setbacks ive been having its kindof difficult to say when youll see my game (especially considering im the only one working on it) but still im hoping that with some luck i can have it out in a few months to maybe a year and a half x.x

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    I actually have more than 5 regions in my game, 3 of which have stories fully playable and nicely roll on from each other, plus all have original added routes/areas... i dont have 100% good battle graphics or custom menus 'cause im a one girl team with help from some other members of this site! but it is possible... id like to see more original regions.

EDIT:

im hoping to include all the regions including the sinnoh region and possibly the orre region and the orange islands but with the setbacks ive been having its kindof difficult to say when youll see my game (especially considering im the only one working on it) but still im hoping that with some luck i can have it out in a few months to maybe a year and a half x.x

good luck to u, i'll look forward to reading bout this... i also have Orange Islands, plus more in my creation.

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    What do you mean, "don't have efforts"? If I've gone through Kanto and Johto already, I'm going to have raised my Pokémon a lot, and I know how long I spent doing that. To find wild Poochyena on route 101 that are the same level as the mons I've used throughout the last two regions just breaks the mood.

Alternatively, making wild Pokémon just as weak as they are in the actual games, while still using the same Pokémon you've been using for the last two regions is no challenge at all.

The system of starting anew in each region (which wasn't what I was talking about above) doesn't need any fiddling with levels and Exp gains. Each region would practically be a separate game. Gaining access to old Pokémon upon beating the Elite Four (or being allowed to travel freely to older regions upon that) wouldn't affect the game, since the Elite Four is the end of the story. Or if it isn't, only allow access to older regions/mons once the story for the current region has finished.
    I think that these people in "making all regions in one game" mean like in GSC, not like anime that you only bring one pokémon and go foward. Plus there the itens and money that will be a bit more hard for transfer.
    And one game with all regions can make very more sucess that the episodes idea.

SMA_H

The Dark Victini in Disguise
    Years
  • [RMXP] Pokemon Origin (The banner is in my signture) will have kanto, johto, hoenn, orre, and sinnoh. It will also have a D/P/Pt style touch screen. SUPER AWESOME!!!

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2016
    I think if you're going to go down the road of starting new each region, you might as well make a bunch of smaller "episodic" games instead, one game per region.
    I agree entirely. I think that making a game containing all five regions and starting new each time is, although imaginative, a bad idea. It would be very difficult to program every single map into the game, not to mention every single item, battle and NPC. It would take an extremely long time to complete and I doubt that the developer would have the motivation and time to complete it fully. You'd be better off making all the regions into separate games. That way if the developer does decide to end the project halfway through, for whatever reason, at least there would be a couple of games already completed.

Pharetra

zzzz
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    I took a quick look at the Showcase forum and found that most of the projects are with new place, new Pokemon, etc. Is there any fan-made game that include the actual Pokemon and regions (Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh, Hoenn) up to D/P/Pt (because Unova is hardly connected to the previous generations)? It'll be really great if we can explore all 4 regions, getting all the badges, fighting elite 4 from different regions (G/S/C combined 2 regions, but that's all).

There aren't any games featuring all 4 regions due to the fact it takes really long to actually finish it, and most people won't be playing it anyways, since it's just four games in one, and most people played them all before...

Back