• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Any Jpop / Kpop Fans?

Years
  • Big fan of Jpop for a long while now. Well, the rock and electronic genres more than the pop genres, really. But in the pop sphere I rather like Bonnie Pink, Kimura Kaela, Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, and Utada Hikaru. And, like, a hundred more.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Jpop, definitely. I don't know how many of these come under jpop but I like these japanese groups/singers/bands
    Spoiler:

Some bands like SiM, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and DOES are definitely not what you'd consider jpop - more like jrock and jmetal if that exists. But yeah, I generally listen to a lot of songs from these guys. In fact, my playlist is more full of songs by these guys than most other english/my native language based tracks. XD;

Crystal Berry

[span="text-shadow: 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.12); font
    Years
  • Jpop, definitely. I don't know how many of these come under jpop but I like these japanese groups/singers/bands
    Spoiler:

Some bands like SiM, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and DOES are definitely not what you'd consider jpop - more like jrock and jmetal if that exists. But yeah, I generally listen to a lot of songs from these guys. In fact, my playlist is more full of songs by these guys than most other english/my native language based tracks. XD;

Cool! I know most of these artists. Nice stuff <3

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
  • Used to like Jpop a lot and I still listen to a bit of Kpop:

I find a lot of Jpop too bubbly for my tastes nowadays, but there are surely wonderful ones one in a while.

I really like WORLD ORDER though. Love them to bits:

curiters

Oblivious - prevents me from being afflicted by in
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2017
    Me listening to jrock like gundam openings and korean drama soundtracks

Years
  • I used to listen to a bit of jpop, never really got into kpop at all (mostly because I just never found any to listen to). Kinda got out of listening to such songs on a regular basis, but I don't mind listening to anything in those genres that I come across.

Funny thing, I was actually trying to find jpop songs to listen to the other night, mostly because Spotify threw something at me that I wasn't expecting, and I wanted to listen to stuff in the same vein just for a change of pace. Didn't get very far in listening since I got distracted with other things and then fell asleep soon after, whoops.

myystogan

[cimg=width:30px;"]https://i.imgur.com/gbudGz1.png
    Years
  • I used to be pretty into KPop two years ago, but now I only listen to some groups, and I don't catch up with nearly as many releases as I used to. The majority of the KPop artists I like nowadays are girl groups ( f(x), Twice, SNSD, Red Velvet, 2NE1, Mamamoo, EXID ), though I don't follow any of them extensively. I just listen to the albums, haha.
    Besides the groups I just listed, I'm also still a fan of B.A.P, but I was never hardcore about it. I'm a casual KPop listener, really.

As for JPop, I honestly can't get into it. I know a lot of anime openings fall into the JPop category, but I end up liking ones that sound more rock/alternative/electronic. Pop is either hate it or love it for me, so it'd probably be hard for me to find a pop artist I really like, JPop bands included.
    Nobody's given me the right recommendation yet, lmao.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I'm starting to get more into J-rock/J-pop. I haven't found anything similar to Vamps or L'Arc~en~Ciel, but I think these guys are honestly my favorite. I used to be really into L'Arc as a teen as well... with a bit of a crush on Hyde. :P

As for K-pop, I can't seem to get into it. It's just not my style of music. D:

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
  • I've slid back into the Kpop scene recently but I trimmed my groups down to just EXO (and Infinite). I really like EXO's lyrics and they sing very well. Sucks that Tao, Kris and Luhan had to go (I can't express how sad I was when Kris left) but they had to do what's best for them and hey they're doing great as solo artists and actors! So yay for them. As for Infinite they're one of the coolest guy groups I've come across. But yeah... I started liking Kpop back in 10th grade so that's 5 years for me!

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
  • You know I LOVE Jpop :3

I love the AKB48 family, hello!project (morning musume, berrz koubou etc), Team Syachihoko, KOTOKO, MEG, Tommy February6 and more...
    I'm slowly getting back into k-pop, recently I've fallen in love with AOA but I'm already quite a fan of Orange Caramel and Dal Shabet.

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
  • You know I LOVE Jpop :3

I love the AKB48 family, hello!project (morning musume, berrz koubou etc), Team Syachihoko, KOTOKO, MEG, Tommy February6 and more...
    I'm slowly getting back into k-pop, recently I've fallen in love with AOA but I'm already quite a fan of Orange Caramel and Dal Shabet.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Used to be big into K-Pop, but not anymore because I generally cannot be bothered to keep up with the never-ending "comebacks" and generally just overwhelmed with the industry and fanbases.

I'm a great fan of J-Pop and I get my music from anime, films, conventions etc.

Years
  • I like Japanese rock and electronic, but I've been a fan of K-pop for much longer. I don't keep track of either industry, nowadays, since I'm enamoured with a select group of singers for their vocal ability. I dig ballads.

Years
  • Started off listening to J-Pop because of my Inuyasha obsession 11 years ago, but I've since moved on to K-Pop seeing as the former has been saturated with girl groups; not to say that latter hasn't been either, but J-Pop hasn't been the same without Utada Hikaru, Ayumi Hamasaki, etc. Think 90% of the songs on my phone are K-Pop and their mainly mainstream ones, but my favourite group would have to be Infinite, with BoA being my solo artist ;3

Well I wasn't until very recently, I'm starting to get into it though. I particularly dig Namie Amuro and After School, but I need to listen to wayyyy more

I think Namie Amuro is probably one of the older artists that is still doing well, and by older, I mean during the time when Ayumi Hamasaki, Utada Hikaru, etc. were at their prime. The latter of which I dearly miss her music, and wish that she might contribute to Kingdom Hearts III...Though I haven't been following the J-Pop scene at all so I can't be too judgmental about their music scene as of late.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Absolutely a Jpop fan (not a kpop one however.) Have a strong love for a lot of Johnny's Entertainment groups.

Hey! Say! JUMP is my absolute favorite at the moment.
    tumblr_nb4xv1psjB1qzinz6o1_r1_500.gif

I'm also a fan of their kohai group Sexy Zone
    tumblr_nv6uw0Qljd1tggsqfo1_500.gif

And their senpai group which was my first favourite: Arashi
    tumblr_n4o0654bbn1qa5ihmo6_250.gif

Also like some of their other groups like: NEWS, KAT-TUN, Kis-My-Ft2, Kanjani8, A.B.C-Z, Nakayama Yuma, Johnny's West, Yamashita Tomohisa etc.
    I don't follow them frequently, but I like some of their songs.

I also like a lot of groups and boys from their junior section. They're the kids who have yet to debut, but still preform/ backdance for the group that have debut, but also have their own shows, songs and concerts.

tumblr_nq4ycro9931u2il7mo1_500.gif

Boured

The Guildmaster
    Years
  • I like jpop, mostly by the Kodomo Band they have some of the best music I have ever heard while also doing songs in my favorite anime ever.

AH! AH!
    Standin' In The Heart of Darkness
    AH! AH!
    Give Me My Life
    Give Me My Energy
    AH! AH!
    Fightin' In The Heart of Madness
    AH! AH!
    Ease My Pain Ease My Loneliness

Back