• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Any luck with the Masuda Method?

DCFC_Woody

Shinny Hunter
Years
  • I recently only just found out about this lil shinny collecting method and as a result instead of chainin for a change I tried my chances with milotic ;)

I Just askin how people have gone on with this in the past and wheather or not you've had any luck, my brothers done 120 charmanders and as i can gather its not gunna be easy but we'll see.

Thanks for your help

Well found out that slugma's flame body speeds up process rather quickly. and I've had some serious luck, hatchin a shiny feebass in just 67 eggs. ;)

Last edited:

joehat

Yay
    Years
  • My friends Mike, Kat and I tried the Masuda Method for about a month recently and had no luck. I know there is a thing where both Pokemon have to be from different language games and we had that. We must've hatched over at least 15000 eggs and didn't get a shiny (by the way, Mike was hurt and collecting workers comp and I had just quit my job to find something new so we had plenty of time to play the game haha. Kat has a cool job where she can play the game all day if she wants!). So basically after having no life for a month we gave it up.

As for shinies in general, I've had absolutely no luck. I've been playing Pokemon for more than 10 years and in all the countless hours I've spend playing these damn games (including roms on the computer) I have never found a shiny (or even a Pokemon with Pokerus!). My friends seem to find a shiny in the wild or hatch a random egg that's shiny almost once a month.

Anyway Woody, congrats on the shiny Feebas! I would probably die if I hatched a shiny Feebas and it ended up being male.

Years
  • last night i was trying to hatch a shiny feebas but NO LUCK >.> i didnt hatch that many eggs though, i think at most like 30

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • Well, I just recently got my hands on a foreign Ditto, and I'm currently using Skarmory as my first guinea pig (metaphorically speaking). I'm only up to 14, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

DCFC_Woody

Shinny Hunter
    Years
  • Thanks Joehat and my feebass is female =) I dont understand the difference though, so why do people prefer females rather than males?
    And thats harsh to hear, 15000 eggs =O that must of took some breeding haha, well better luck in the future, and Im sure you'll get some luck one day
    Im currently doin Charmanders now, and Im sure im not gunna be as lucky this time :L
    but good luck everyone =)

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I have a Japanese ditto so I might try it later and see what's up.

I'll try to get a shiny poliwag.

joehat

Yay
    Years
  • Thanks Joehat and my feebass is female =) I dont understand the difference though, so why do people prefer females rather than males?
    And thats harsh to hear, 15000 eggs =O that must of took some breeding haha, well better luck in the future, and Im sure you'll get some luck one day
    Im currently doin Charmanders now, and Im sure im not gunna be as lucky this time :L
    but good luck everyone =)

Haha yeah and good luck, I hope you get your shiny Charmander soon. I think that is one I may also try soon.

As for the male/female thing, there are just certain Pokemon I personally prefer to be male or female. I like Milotic to be female. I think a female Rhyperior looks funny. The female Alakazam still has a moustache haha. I think you're right though and most people don't really care about gender. I would assume that if a player is breeding and they get a nature they want, gender probably doesn't matter much to that person.

Actually I lied (lol) in my last post because I did find a shiny Magnemite with the Pokeradar in Platinum. However I told my friend Mike that I would trade it to him if he got me a shiny Absol. I traded the Magnemite to him (now a Magnezone) but he never got me the shiny Absol. I still bother him about it but I'll probably never get it. It's all good though, I think it will feel better when I get the shiny on my own.

One more thing! Generation V better have the Pokeradar!! I can't believe they left it and the VS Seeker and all that good stuff out of HG/SS!

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I have used this method a few times, and got like two shinies. So.. I got like 2/5 shinies. Or something in that numbering range.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • I have used the Masuda method, and I find it works fine. In total I think I obtained 3 shinies from it. The shiny pokemon I got were a Shiny Riolu, Zubat, and Beldum.

But still some of you guys that put more effort in getting shinies should have got them. In total I only bred 50 eggs to get my shinies, guess I lucked out.

DCFC_Woody

Shinny Hunter
    Years
  • One more thing! Generation V better have the Pokeradar!! I can't believe they left it and the VS Seeker and all that good stuff out of HG/SS!

I couldnt agree more my friend :L
    I spend most of my time on diamond now I've finished HG, cause theres just nothin more to do, going underground on diamond was amazing when you was with a friend, i could spend hours in there, and the pokeradar was just the best :L I caught so many shinys and so many sleepless nights were spent playing it haha HG/SS isn't the best game imo. Nothin compared

And I must be on about 500 Charmanders now, my brothers on 700 and we've both had no luck, lets just see what happens, good luck you guys if you decide to start doin it again ;)

eveelution

RolePlay Minion
    Years
  • I have one question about the masuda method. I want to know if evolving the foriegn pokemon ruins the method. I had a foriegn female eevee before stupid Eterna Forest evolved it.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I have one question about the masuda method. I want to know if evolving the foriegn pokemon ruins the method. I had a foriegn female eevee before stupid Eterna Forest evolved it.

You could have pressed "B" and cancelled it. lol

Well, still no luck with a shiny poliwag but I guess I haven't been hatching that many eggs.

Back