• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any MANGA/ANIME fans here ?

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Ah, this belongs in Other Anime and Manga. ^_^ I'll move it for you!

*moved*

Anyway, my favorite Anime shows are Pokemon, Tokyo Mew Mew, Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch, InuYasha, and several others!

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    Kayleigh, I have never heard of those before. Where can i see them, or do I have to buy them. I live in the US so they have hardly any anime shows here. Only pokemon, dbz, digimon, and some other non interesting ones.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Inuyasha usally shows on Adult Swim at night. The time depends on where you live. America acutally has a good amount of anime on now. Any given dayy there are at least 20 titles on a day....still nothing compared to Japan,lol. Let's see we have

Imaginasia
    Tech Tv
    Cartoon network
    Fox
    Kids WB
    Abc Family
    Showtime next
    Action channel
    Adult Swim channel
    Anime channel.

These are the channels that show anime in America not to bad acutally.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Okay, well... Next Saturday, on September 4th, they'll be showing a premiere episode of Tokyo Mew Mew on the FoxBox. ^_^ It's channel 892, if you have Satellite. Though, now they've re-named the show 'Mew Mew Power', and they changed several things, so it's not as good as the Japanese version, atleast in my opinion.

You can see InuYasha on the Cartoon Network channel. (296 on Satellite.) It comes on around 11:00-11:30 PM Central time.

Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch hasn't been brought to America yet, but I did hear that it has been liscensed and they're planning to soon, though! Finally! =D

I don't have cable, so I can't tell you the channels on that... Only Satellite. Sorry!

Here are some pics of the shows, too. First is of InuYasha, second is Tokyo Mew Mew, and third is Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch. Just so you can get an idea of what they're like and decide if you'd want to watch them or not. TMM and MMPPP are mainly for girls though, so you may not be interested in them, lol.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Kayleigh said:
    Okay, well... Next Saturday, on September 4th, they'll be showing a premiere episode of Tokyo Mew Mew on the FoxBox. ^_^ It's channel 892, if you have Satellite. Though, now they've re-named the show 'Mew Mew Power', and they changed several things, so it's not as good as the Japanese version, atleast in my opinion.

You can see InuYasha on the Cartoon Network channel. (296 on Satellite.) It comes on around 11:00-11:30 PM Central time.

Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch hasn't been brought to America yet, but I did hear that it has been liscensed and they're planning to soon, though! Finally! =D

I don't have cable, so I can't tell you the channels on that... Only Satellite. Sorry!

Here are some pics of the shows, too. First is of InuYasha, second is Tokyo Mew Mew, and third is Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch. Just so you can get an idea of what they're like and decide if you'd want to watch them or not. TMM and MMPPP are mainly for girls though, so you may not be interested in them, lol.

To bad after next saturday you have to wait all the way untill november to watch the show since that's when it premires. Oh well gives them more time to dub more episodes.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Yeah, and maybe change the names back! o_o I really dislike the new English names... If they had just left them alone, then I would be totally happy. I actually like the new theme song, and their voices aren't so bad. I just will never get used to hearing Ichigo being called 'Zoe'. *sigh*

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Kayleigh said:
    Yeah, and maybe change the names back! o_o I really dislike the new English names... If they had just left them alone, then I would be totally happy. I actually like the new theme song, and their voices aren't so bad. I just will never get used to hearing Ichigo being called 'Zoe'. *sigh*
    The names kinda irk me to, but it is kinda hard for a 8 year old to say Japanese names isent it? Lol, as long as most of the plot isent changed I'm happy...Might as well go get volume two of the manga. The anime was 52 episodes and had the 3 OVA's right?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    It's not that hard to pronounce names. If they have to, they can change how it sounds - like Sakura's name from CCS. They changed the pronunciation from Sakura to Sakura... with the intonation (or whatever) on the italicized letters. ^_^;

Anyway, Canada gets a very miniscule amount of anime compared to you guys. o_o; We've only got... 2 main channels that show it - YTV and Teletoon, and Teletoon is a pay channel, so you have to pay extra to get it. <_< Anime movies are sometimes shown on the Movie Networks, but they're the same as Teletoon. =\ Our Tech TV isn't allowed to play anime. *growls at stupid Canadian broadcast regulations*

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
    Yeah, that's horrible how we get nothing. And my fav. manga right now (no bandwidth to download anime) is probably...man I'm not sure. lol

Angel Sanctuary, I guess for the current being sounds good. :P

Inuyasha

Too Tired to Care.
    Years
    blue said:
    Inuyasha usally shows on Adult Swim at night. The time depends on where you live. America acutally has a good amount of anime on now. Any given dayy there are at least 20 titles on a day....still nothing compared to Japan,lol. Let's see we have

Imaginasia
    Tech Tv
    Cartoon network
    Fox
    Kids WB
    Abc Family
    Showtime next
    Action channel
    Adult Swim channel
    Anime channel.

These are the channels that show anime in America not to bad acutally.

Adult Swim is Cartoon Network... and where I live, I get CN, Tech TV, and WB. There is, however, a 24/7 cartoon channel, but DirectTV doesnt carry it... I want.
    Me, i like... Escaflowne, Macross (all of 'em), Zoids (the spiffy 3d one was l33t.), Last Exile, Serial Experiment Lain, Yugioh, Noir, Ah My Goddess, Love Hina... errm... DBZ... The Final Fantasy anime... errr...
    And Of course... ME! I mean...Inuyasha.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Inuyasha said:
    Adult Swim is Cartoon Network... and where I live, I get CN, Tech TV, and WB. There is, however, a 24/7 cartoon channel, but DirectTV doesnt carry it... I want.
    Me, i like... Escaflowne, Macross (all of 'em), Zoids (the spiffy 3d one was l33t.), Last Exile, Serial Experiment Lain, Yugioh, Noir, Ah My Goddess, Love Hina... errm... DBZ... The Final Fantasy anime... errr...
    And Of course... ME! I mean...Inuyasha.
    Adult swim also has it's own channel now...it is a VOD but it's still a channel.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2005
    My most like anime... Naruto! I'm a big fan of it and my others favourites are
    Doraemon,Shamanking,Spiral,Hunter x Hunter,Lucky man,Yu-Gi-Oh!,One Piece, Beyblade,Detective Conan and Digimon. For Pokemon,I like it in manga.(Pokemon Special)

FanGuy

Rocket ShyGuy
    Years
    • Age 41
    • USA
    • Seen Sep 30, 2004
    Some anime I like (in no particular order):

Vision of Escaflowne
    Ranma 1/2
    Dragonball
    Cardcaptor Sakura
    .hack//SIGN
    Rockman.EXE
    Naruto
    Sonic X
    Digimon Adventure
    Rurouni Kenshin (though I haven't watched it in a while)

Yeah, I know it's a kind of weird combination of shows, but hey. ^_^;

カスミ

Wo ai ni...
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Aug 8, 2005
    OMG Kay! You like Mermaid Melody too?! ^^ That's so cool! There aren't many MMPPP fans out there. *lol*

But anyways, I love Anime and Manga. ^^ I'm a total Otaku! And no, I don't mean I love anime like DBZ and YGO, I actually watch other anime. Currently (I highly stress currently) my anime and manga lists are...

||Anime||
    - Get Backers
    - Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch
    - Gravitation
    - Alien Nine
    - Fruits Basket
    - Daa! Daa! Daa!
    - Happy Lesson
    - Tennis no Oujisama
    - Bottle Fairy
    - Uchu no Stellvia
    - Midori no Hibi
    - Scrapped Princess
    - Inu Yasha

||Manga||
    - Pokemon Special
    - Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE
    - xxxHOLIC
    - Kodomo no Omocha
    - Fruits Basket
    - Midori no Hibi
    - Tokyo Mew Mew
    - D.N.Angel

PsychicStar

E.S.P. Type Pokemon
    Years
    oooh, Anime thread.. ^.^

Some of my fave anime is :

Ranma 1/2
    Rurouni Kenshin
    Fruits Basket
    Angelic Layer
    Haibane Renmei
    Risky Safety
    Witch Hunter Robin
    Yukikaze
    Robotech

among many others.. ^^;;

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2004
    yu yu hakusho

i like yu yu hakusho its one of my favorites. My favorite character is Hiei and the his dragon of the darkness flame.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Ok another one of these^^
    Right now and allways my favorite manga and anime is Cyborg 009, Isinomori's work has never been equaled in my opion.

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
    Well currently I'm watching Angelic Layer (okay, enough kawaii-ness for one day. I still ove clamp tho.), Gundam Seed (b00 ya?), and Samurai Champloo (w00t!!!!!). lol

Back