• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

any metal fans?

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
  • I absolutely LOVE Slipknot, Disturbed, Nile, Metallica, Spineshank, Drowning Pool, Megadeth, Overkill, and Slayer. And other metal bands like that.

BryGuy Shinigami

Psychic Pokemon Prophet
    Years
  • Metal is one of my favorite genres. I know about most of it's sub-genres: (Alternative, Nu, Industrial, Gothic, Thrash, Black, Death, Power, Speed, Doom, Groove, Glam, Avant-Garde, Metalcore, Christian, Grindcore, and Chip Metal.)

My favorite metal bands include (but not limited to) P.O.D., KoRn, Linkin Park, Stillwell, Limp Bizkit, Slipknot, Papa Roach, Sevendust, Disturbed, System Of A Down, Tool, Godsmack, and Mudvayne (Alternative and Nu Metal bands); Rammstein, Static X, Die Krupps, Oomph!, KDKFM, Nine Inch Nails, and Marilyn Manson (Industrial); Virgin Black, Necromance, Type O Negative, Cradle of Filth, and Black Veil Brides (Gothic & Doom); Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Pantera, Septulura, Prong, and Rob Zombie/White Zombie (Thrash & Groove); In Flames, Arch Enemy, At The Gates, Dark Tranquility, Skinless, Chidren of Bodom, and Morbid Angel (Death & Melodeath); Satyricon and Sigh (Black Metal); As I Lay Dying, Bullet For My Valentine, Killswitch Engage, Shadows Fall, Atreyu, Haste The Day, Oh' Sleeper, Demon Hunter, and Sinai Beach (Metalcore).

ben cousins

Backspacer
    Years
  • Metal is one of my favorite genres. I know about most of it's sub-genres: (Alternative, Nu, Industrial, Gothic, Thrash, Black, Death, Power, Speed, Doom, Groove, Glam, Avant-Garde, Metalcore, Christian, Grindcore, and Chip Metal.)

My favorite metal bands include (but not limited to) P.O.D., KoRn, Linkin Park, Stillwell, Limp Bizkit, Slipknot, Papa Roach, Sevendust, Disturbed, System Of A Down, Tool, Godsmack, and Mudvayne (Alternative and Nu Metal bands); Rammstein, Static X, Die Krupps, Oomph!, KDKFM, Nine Inch Nails, and Marilyn Manson (Industrial); Virgin Black, Necromance, Type O Negative, Cradle of Filth, and Black Veil Brides (Gothic & Doom); Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Pantera, Septulura, Prong, and Rob Zombie/White Zombie (Thrash & Groove); In Flames, Arch Enemy, At The Gates, Dark Tranquility, Skinless, Chidren of Bodom, and Morbid Angel (Death & Melodeath); Satyricon and Sigh (Black Metal); As I Lay Dying, Bullet For My Valentine, Killswitch Engage, Shadows Fall, Atreyu, Haste The Day, Oh' Sleeper, Demon Hunter, and Sinai Beach (Metalcore).
    dam you know you're stuff the only missing band's probably cannibal corpse

ben cousins

Backspacer
    Years
  • I just began listening to metal about a month ago or so and so far I'm a fan of Linkin Park, Bullet for my Valentine, and Evanscence.

Are there any other good bands that I should listen to?
    yes,i recommend you start listening to slayer,megadeth,anthrax or metallica their all old classic metal bands from the 80s also korn their kinda similar to linkin park

BryGuy Shinigami

Psychic Pokemon Prophet
    Years
  • dam you know you're stuff the only missing band's probably cannibal corpse

I knew I forgot someone. I have their Evac. Plague album. I mainly like the song "Priest of Sodom". But thank you on the complement. Metal (along with Punk, Hardcore Punk, and some Rap) are my music choices.

A band I need to try is Bolt Thrower, I've heard a friend talk about them so I need to try them out. One band you guys can try (if you like KoRn) is Stillwell. Fieldy, the bassist of KoRn is in this band as a guitarist and P.O.D.'s drummer Wuv is in it as well (on drums). The main song I recommend is "Street Metal". It's a rap/metal song honoring the rappers and metal bands that inspired Stillwell.

ben cousins

Backspacer
    Years
  • I knew I forgot someone. I have their Evac. Plague album. I mainly like the song "Priest of Sodom". But thank you on the complement. Metal (along with Punk, Hardcore Punk, and some Rap) are my music choices.

A band I need to try is Bolt Thrower, I've heard a friend talk about them so I need to try them out. One band you guys can try (if you like KoRn) is Stillwell. Fieldy, the bassist of KoRn is in this band as a guitarist and P.O.D.'s drummer Wuv is in it as well (on drums). The main song I recommend is "Street Metal". It's a rap/metal song honoring the rappers and metal bands that inspired Stillwell.
    you ever heard of cyclone temple? their an underatted 80s thrash band i like.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I just began listening to metal about a month ago or so and so far I'm a fan of Linkin Park, Bullet for my Valentine, and Evanscence.

Are there any other good bands that I should listen to?
    Everyone is going to tell you to listen to their favorites. I would recommend you Judas Priest for example, not because I think they fit well together with the bands you listed, but simply because I think they're good, and I wouldn't call JP an "acquired taste".

What else do I listen to? Well, recently it has mainly been Rammstein (if that counts). I always listened to lots of Amon Amarth and Kalmah, some Dark Tranquility and later some CoB as well (CoB so late, because they have an vntrve reputation, during the first time I used to believe the junk these trvsters say). I listen to these four quite a lot, but due to laziness my knowledge of the Melodeath subgenre doesn't go a lot further than here, almost everything else I know are merely band names.

I'm to lazy to specify how my stand on other subgenres is right now, but in general it's the same as with Melodeath: I know a few bands, like them and am usually too lazy to dig deeper.

BryGuy Shinigami

Psychic Pokemon Prophet
    Years
  • you ever heard of cyclone temple? their an underatted 80s thrash band i like.

I haven't I will give them a try. My main metal genres are: Metalcore, Nu Metal, Alternative Metal, and Industrial. I have songs from virtually every sub-genre, but I mainly like those. My favorite metal band is In Flames though. They are (or at least was) Melodeath and was the most most know Melodeath band. Their new stuff is between Alternative Metal and Metalcore. Their new stuff is ok, but I love the old stuff mainly "The Jester's Race". The song "December Flower" is my all time favorite metal song. Other metal groups I like are P.O.D., KoRn, and Linkin Park (all of whom use to be Nu Metal, but became Alternative Metal) P.O.D. is my favorite out of them. A lot of ppl know them for songs like "Youth Of a Nation" and "Alive", but my favorite album by them (which is my all time favorite album in any music genre) is Payable On Death. They actually play metal and not hard rock on that one plus they added more reggae and even a nice instrumental song called "Eternal". I love the artwork of the album which is interesting cause the artwork made the Christian bookstores stop selling them cause it was too 'dark and occult'. The artist Daniel Martin Diaz is a devout Catholic (like I am) and the artwork was Catholic-themed and no different than the artwork I see at the chapel I go to.

As stated earlier, I am a Catholic, but I do listen to a little black metal (mainly Satyricon and Sigh) I don't like Satanism, but the music is so nice and as long as my beliefs are what I follow, that is all that should matter.

ben cousins

Backspacer
    Years
  • I haven't I will give them a try. My main metal genres are: Metalcore, Nu Metal, Alternative Metal, and Industrial. I have songs from virtually every sub-genre, but I mainly like those. My favorite metal band is In Flames though. They are (or at least was) Melodeath and was the most most know Melodeath band. Their new stuff is between Alternative Metal and Metalcore. Their new stuff is ok, but I love the old stuff mainly "The Jester's Race". The song "December Flower" is my all time favorite metal song. Other metal groups I like are P.O.D., KoRn, and Linkin Park (all of whom use to be Nu Metal, but became Alternative Metal) P.O.D. is my favorite out of them. A lot of ppl know them for songs like "Youth Of a Nation" and "Alive", but my favorite album by them (which is my all time favorite album in any music genre) is Payable On Death. They actually play metal and not hard rock on that one plus they added more reggae and even a nice instrumental song called "Eternal". I love the artwork of the album which is interesting cause the artwork made the Christian bookstores stop selling them cause it was too 'dark and occult'. The artist Daniel Martin Diaz is a devout Catholic (like I am) and the artwork was Catholic-themed and no different than the artwork I see at the chapel I go to.

As stated earlier, I am a Catholic, but I do listen to a little black metal (mainly Satyricon and Sigh) I don't like Satanism, but the music is so nice and as long as my beliefs are what I follow, that is all that should matter.
    the lead singer from slayer tom araya is catholic

BryGuy Shinigami

Psychic Pokemon Prophet
    Years
  • the lead singer from slayer tom araya is catholic

I know, I think Dave Lombardo is Catholic as well, some say Catholic, others say he's an atheist like Jeff and Kerry. I use to be REAL crazy about Slayer. I had the "God Hates Us All" album and really liked it, but after becoming a Christian I got rid of it. I still respect them and think of them as one of the greatest metal bands of all time. I still have a few songs, just as long the subject isn't on Anti-Christianity or Nazism. Deicide's guitarist is also Catholic which is funny cause the frontman is actually a Satanist. I had the song "Once Upon A Cross" on my ipod, but got rid of it too. The only reason I still listen to Satyricon and Sigh is cause the instrumentals. Part of me feels guilty about it, but it's something I have to work through. I am straight-edge, so I don't do drugs or smoke or drink, so music, anime, Pokemon, and American Football has been my drugs. I am addicted to metal and hardcore music.

ben cousins

Backspacer
    Years
  • I know, I think Dave Lombardo is Catholic as well, some say Catholic, others say he's an atheist like Jeff and Kerry. I use to be REAL crazy about Slayer. I had the "God Hates Us All" album and really liked it, but after becoming a Christian I got rid of it. I still respect them and think of them as one of the greatest metal bands of all time. I still have a few songs, just as long the subject isn't on Anti-Christianity or Nazism. Deicide's guitarist is also Catholic which is funny cause the frontman is actually a Satanist. I had the song "Once Upon A Cross" on my ipod, but got rid of it too. The only reason I still listen to Satyricon and Sigh is cause the instrumentals. Part of me feels guilty about it, but it's something I have to work through. I am straight-edge, so I don't do drugs or smoke or drink, so music, anime, Pokemon, and American Football has been my drugs. I am addicted to metal and hardcore music.
    I mean if a song makes you question you're faith then it probably isnt very strong then imo,also what got you into metal? watching metal video's on beavis and butthead are probably what got me into it

BryGuy Shinigami

Psychic Pokemon Prophet
    Years
  • I mean if a song makes you question you're faith then it probably isnt very strong then imo,also what got you into metal? watching metal video's on beavis and butthead are probably what got me into it

TBH, I don't remember, the first rock music I got into of any genre was Linkin Park and System of a Down back in 2001. I use to listen to only rap and R&B. In 2004, Jay-Z (my then favorite rapper, who I no longer like) made a mash-up album with Linkin Park and since I was already a LP fan. I bought it and enjoyed it (sucks that it was so short and had only 6 songs). I eventually got into Korn and this was happening when Nu Metal was still big, despite it was declining. After Thunderbird (a military boot camp) I got crazy about Post-Grunge and Punk and then in 2007, I start listening to a lot of Metalcore bands like Bullet For My Valentine, As I Lay Dying, Atreyu, etc. And then via YouTube recommendation and an anime forum, I got into other bands like Rammstein, Slipknot, In Flames, and hundreds other and I bought a magazine in 2008 about different bands and all 20+ sub-genres of metal. I got addicted to metal and would have convos with different ppl on it that lasted for hours.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Metal threads just can't stay alive. :'(

I'm not a fan of older metal, like Metallica or Slayer or Iron Maiden. I like post-hardcore, metalcore, death metal, and deathcore. Here are some out of A LOT of bands I like: Woe, Is Me, The Devil Wears Prada, Memphis May Fire, Sleeping With Sirens, Chelsea Grin, Whitechapel, Born Of Osiris, As Blood Runs Black, Suicide Silence, I Set My Friends On Fire, The Word Alive, In Fear & Faith, Of Mice & Men, All Shall Perish, The Acacia Strain, etc.

C:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I like to listen to Slipknot and System of A Down. That makes me a metal fan (somewhat?), right? XD; I mean, I tried to like Metallica and the other older bands but I just can't seem to like 'em. Oh, and Bullet For My Valentine too. I like that band as well.

ben cousins

Backspacer
    Years
  • I like to listen to Slipknot and System of A Down. That makes me a metal fan (somewhat?), right? XD; I mean, I tried to like Metallica and the other older bands but I just can't seem to like 'em. Oh, and Bullet For My Valentine too. I like that band as well.

bullet for my valentine and system of a down are good but i can't stand slipknot,their the ultimate gimmick

Back