• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any Metallica fans out there?

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    I'm only a fan of old Metallica; they're just so bad now.

Favorite album would probably be between Master of Puppets and ...And Justice For All. Master of Puppets is a pretty heavy album with songs like The Thing That Should Not Be, and of course, Master of Puppets (song).

A favorite song is too hard to pick, sooo I present to you, a list!:

One
    Master of Puppets
    Blackened (has a killer guitar solo)
    Battery
    Dyer's Eve
    The Thing That Should Not Be
    Sad But True
    Enter Sandman
    For Whom The Bell Tolls
    Ride the Lightning
    Trapped Under Ice

Last edited:

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    I'm definitely an old school metallica, but that doesn't mean I won't listen to their new stuff. I got a ton of their albums, both records and Cds. :) It's really hard to choose a favorite song, but it would have to be Master of Puppets or Enter Sandman. Sandman is just one of those songs that just enforces that old fear that there really is a scary monster under the bed or in the closet. :)

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
    Guilty of being a fan of the old stuff.

While I like Master of Puppets as my favorite album, the instrumentals from the first 3 albums are amazing.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I love the Metallica, especially during the Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets era. Favorite song from them happens to be Master of Puppets. :3

The newer songs are pretty good, but they're not as good as the older songs imo.

.Bullet

My Valentine
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2010
    I am a fan of Metallica, and I find most of their songs to be of great quality. A lot of people don't like Death Magnetic, but I find Cyanide and Broken, Beat, and Scarred to be good.

As for my favorite album, it is definitely ...And Justice for All. One and Harvester of Sorrow are some of my favorites.

One would have to be my absolute favorite song out of all of them; I'm also learning to play it on a guitar.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2010
    I didn't care much for the new CD, Im with the old school group. I really liked Ride the Lightning and ...And Justice For All.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I'm not that into Metallica, but I do like the song Enter Sandman, Hero of the Day, The Unforgiven, Whiskey in a Jar, and Mama Said.

hyperblast81

Thou who art Baylife
    Years
    Anyway, My personal favorite is Ride the lightning, I also love Kill em' All.

My top 5 would be something like this. (In no particular order)

1 Fade to Black
    2 MotorBreath
    3 Four Horsemen
    4 Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
    5 Blackened

On a side note I also agree about new Metallica, St. Anger sounds like (Censored for your viewing pleasure) Death Magnetic was at least a step in the right direction, but James just isnt as he used to be, also R.I.P. Cliff!!

Mihael

Tara X willow=OTP
    Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2012
    They jumped the shark after cliff burton died, he was the most talented person in the group and in my opinion, one of the best bassist in the world.
    First 3 albums were great.

Years
    I bet I'm one of the only people who likes Reload, huh? A few that spring to mind...

Fade To Black (Currently learning)
    Slither
    Through The Never
    House That Jack Built
    Judas Kiss
    Merciful Fate
    King Nothing

Aokiji

Blue Pheasant.
    Years
    *raises hand* Metallica fan here.
    Fav album has to be Ride the Lightning

Favourite songs:
    1. Creeping Death
    2. For Whom The Bell Tolls
    3. Master of Puppets
    4. Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
    5. Whiskey in the Jar

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    I'm not a huge fan but I like the songs Enter Sandman and The Day That Never Comes. I like the latter probably a little more.

ConnorMac

PC's Resident Muse Fan
    Years
    I love Metallica.

My five favourite songs (in no order) are One, Master of Puppets, For Whom The Bell Tolls, No Leaf Clover, and Battery.

radioactiveman

Up And Atom!
    Years
    I'm only a fan of old Metallica; they're just so bad now
    Ill admit Im a fan of old metallica too but there not that bad.. there getting better.

I bet I'm one of the only people who likes Reload, huh? A few that spring to mind...
    I Like some of reload. Devils dance, Carpe diem, and fixxxer are really good underrated songs.

My Favorite is ..And justice. It there best album. They were all in there prime when they made it. Favorite song...probably shortest straw or dyers eve.

Back