• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Any news about Pokemon heart gold and soul silver europian release date??

Status
Not open for further replies.

rishi 20

xxX-Rishi_G-Xxx
Years
  • I have been cheking updates on serribii, i realy cant wait 4 this game and i dont want the japanese version. Anyone have any news??

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • No new information about the US or UK release date has been revealed as yet. The US release date stills stands at Spring of 2010. You will have to wait until Nintendo or another official source reveals something until then. For now, checking on Serebii and the Official US or UK Site is the best thing you can do for now. I wouldn't expect the UK version of HeartGold and SoulSilver to be out until a couple months after this.

zirico

M.C.F.C
    Years
  • You spelt European wrong :D Anyway, theres no news yet, but it will probably be 2 months after the North American release. I would advise you to order the NA one when it is released.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Didnt it also say a spring release for europe aswell??
    Spring ranges from between March and Mid June. So, the US release can be in March, while two months later the UK version can be released in May. This is still considered a spring release, however the exact date in which it shall be released is currently unknown.

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    It won't come out in Europe for ages yet. I think I heard something like Autumn 2010. It's because Platinum was only released for us back in May.

& The disadvantages of ordering abroad are that some games don't work. Some have a regional lock that blocks you from playing 'em. Anyway, you don't want a Japanese version you can't read, do you?

rishi 20

xxX-Rishi_G-Xxx
    Years
  • It won't come out in Europe for ages yet. I think I heard something like Autumn 2010. It's because Platinum was only released for us back in May.

& The disadvantages of ordering abroad are that some games don't work. Some have a regional lock that blocks you from playing 'em. Anyway, you don't want a Japanese version you can't read, do you?

They said spring so....................

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    It'll probably be a Spring release for the US. For the Uk, I'd predict around Autumn.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • What are the disadvantages of pre-ordering it from abroad??
    The assurance of your game and how well it works if you pre-order it from abroad depend on where you are pre-ordering it from, who, and if your source has a good reputation for delivering products in a safe and current way.

However, if you were to pre-order it from the US then you will gain the advantage of being allowed to play in the Game Corner, as the UK version has this portion of the game dosabled. You may have to pay a bit more because of the difference in currency and possible shipping, but you will gain it faster than if you were to wait for the UK's release. Pre-ordering or not depends on your personal choice really if you would want to do it or just wait for your country's release on the game.

As for your first question though, expect it to be released around Spring season for the US, and I would expect the UK version to only be a few months away from their release. Just keep up to date on your official sources to earn the exact date, then you can move from there on whether you prefer to pre-order or wait.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • The FAQ and Known Info thread at the top would have answered this for you.

But to clear a few things - they announced that they would be out Spring 2010 (May-March) in America and Europe, although you can basically count on the fact that America should get it first. (Europe have more things to change, more languages to translate into, more game changes thanks to European laws such as the aformentioned Game Corner slot game 'censoring'...) Places like Australia can, based on other game releases like Platinum and less to do than Europe (after all, what translating process? It stays the same as the American English... =/) expect HG/SS to come out in-between America and Europe.

Beyond that, we don't know anything about the release dates. Only take info confirmed by Nintendo, or published to be true on sites like serebii.net.

And now I'm going to close this. No point discussing a fact known for at least a couple of months atm...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back