• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Any of these games worth getting??

djvolcom

Private Detective
    Years
    I was wondering, im getting a GBA from my friend, and i want to know if these games are worth getting, like is it more fun than the orginal? can u go johto in this one? well i might go ahead and buy R/S but i dont no yet.

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
    Years
    well,you can go in both,Johto and Kanto in G/S/C,so I'd peronally suggest buying silver or crystal...and if anything else,then Ruby or FR/LG......but that's just me....

Green Bulbasaur

Grass Lover
    Years
    Kanto is only available in Fire Red/Leaf Green. They're the exact same games as the original Red/Blue versions, except with graphic improvments, and a sort-of different storyline. Personally, I love this game. I suggest you get it.

However, if you want to be able to visit Kanto and Johto, you should check out the Gold/Silver/Crystal series, like Rioku stated.

Years
    Unlike the original Red and Blue. there is more to do when you beat the Elit four! Personally i think the game rocks. There is alot more to do!

Exokriz

Delete.
    Years
    Better then the Originals, you can go to Kanto and the new region, The Sevii Islands where you can catch Johto Pokemon.

As for Gold, Silver, Crystal alot of people have had problems with theres where it wont save. But If you want to get it I can't stop you.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

If you are talking about a GSC remake, then no there are no plans for that at the moment.

~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

adeebsworld

dragon pokemon collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2010
    to tell u the truth G/S/C will always be the best beating johto then go to kanto to beat the original gym leaders and then beating the pokemon master Red
    i have always hated sapphire, ruby, and emerald except for salamence, metagross, latios and latias flygon and the starters everything looks really really lame
    fire red and leaf green r really cool beating the elite 4 is actually a challenge in this game instead of R/S/E and unfortunatley G/S/C the elite four is way to easy but its still my favorite

Tbone2356

Time keeps on tickin' by
    Years
    Brilliant In Their Own Way.........

djvolcom said:
    is pokemon waterblue or thunderyellow really true? i heard rumors.

Not That I Know Of...They Sound Like A Load Of <@#$%> To Me...

But Anyway Here Is My Opinion On What Games To Get...

Red & Blue- These Were The Originals (Besides Green Only Available In Jap.) They Are Really Fun But With Old Black And White Graphics With A Tint Of Color Everynow and then...Prefirlaby If You Buy These Ones Look For The Mew Code (You Have To Complete The Game In A Certain Way) So Then You Can Get Mew...This Game Has Many Fun Glitches To Explore And Glitched Pokemon Aswell...

Yellow- Basically Red & Blue But With Different Area Pokemon And A Pikachu Follows You Around Instead Of Getting One Of The 3 Starters From Prof. Oak....

Silver & Gold- Great Game And Takes Place In An Awsome Region...These Games Are My Personal Favorite Besides The Fact That ITs Sort Of Out Of Date...These Games Introduce Breeding Pokemon To Make Eggs...99 New Pokemon....Bug Catching Contests To Win Prizes...Day And Night System With A Time System As Well...A Mom Who Can Store Your Money And Many Other Awsome Things.....Like Going To Kanto But Winning Badges There Doesnt Show Up On Your Trainer I.D Or Doesnt Really Matter (Or At Least Thats What Happens To Me...) And You Can Also Make Custom Pokeballs....And You Have A Phone To Talk To Trainers You Beat For Rematches...

Crystal- Basically Silver & Gold But The Plot Revolves Around One Of The Ledgendary Dogs Suicune....And You Can Be A Boy Or Girl

Ruby & Sapphire- Takes You To The Hoenn Region Where Most Pokemon Are Ugly With Horrible Movesets And Stats!! This Game Was Not Very Popular In America But Its Still Worth Playing...There Is A Complex Storyline With 2 New Teams Called Magma & Aqua.....New Way To Get Your Starters...Running Shoes To Run Around.....Pokemon COntest Centers To Win Ribbions For Your Pokemon But Use Berrys To Blend Into Blocks And Use Them To Lvl Up Their Appeal Stats....New Outside Move Dive!! And You Can Be A Boy Or Girl...And Double Battles!!!

Emerald- Same Thing As Ruby And Sapphire But With A More Complex And Interactive Storyline Involving Rayquazza....The Phone System Reintroduced......Battle THingys Replace Pokemon Contest Centers To Battle At Will With Different Rules...Pkmn Contest Located In Lilycove Its A Big Center...And The Battle Frontier Which Takes A Really Long Time Involving You Too Beat 8 (I Think) Battle Buildings About 50x Each And Win The Frontier Symbol From The Owner......

Firered & Leafgreen- Basically Remakes Of Red And Blue But This Time Most Johto Pokemon Can Be Obtained And There Are Seven Islands To Visit After The Elite Four (The Sevvi Islands) Reimproved Graphichs....Overall I Think THis Game Is Just A Tool For Hackers To Make Remakes Of Games Like G/S/C....

Each Games Are Brilliant In Their Own Way So You Should Start From The Begginning And Work Your Way Up...But If Your Planning On Being A Pokemon Master Dont Do It With R/B/Y & G/S/C As They Can Only Trade With Eachother With Alot Of Restrictions Since Johto Moves And Pokemon And Items Werent Programmed In R/B/Y, They Cant Trade With Any Other Games So You Should Become A Pokemon Master In Fr/Lg/R/S/E

djvolcom

Private Detective
    Years
    yes! i got leaf green! im loving the game, reminds me of the good ol times back in 1998!!! holy crap this is me and my cuzins favorite game!! i really like it!

Back