• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Any one else hoping for this game to have 2 regions?

JP

wut?
Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I would honestly love nothing more than that. I love these types of concepts, especially when they were going around with generations 1-4. It had seemed like the regions in 1-4 were all connected or in close proximity of each other. Unova was clearly some distance away from these previous regions, so it only makes sense that they'd start building the connections in a way they kind of did with the previous regions.

Now, I don't think we'll be seeing both regions in one game, if that's where you're going with this though.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • It's just a coincidence, France and the US are on two completely different continents, so in order to travel to one another it would either have to be by air or water. You couldn't travel from Kalos to Unova via train I know that much, I suppose because it's Pokémon they could bend the rules slightly and it could be done but I think we've seen enough of Unova for now.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
    Years
  • Let it just be Kalos, please. The region looks big enough to fit Kanto snuggly in there, so I don't see a reason for another region to exist besides this one. .__.;

To be honest, I don't really think Kalos looks big to me... Q_Q

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • Hey Varion, I went ahead and merged your thread with the pre-existing thread for multiple regions in these games. Feel free to continue discussing it here!

As for having Unova in X/Y...for the love of everything holy no. We've had not one, but two entirely new games set in Unova. It's had more time to shine than pretty much every other region out there (Except arguably Kanto and maybe Johto). Let's give Unova a rest and not bring it back again. I'd rather have a bigger main region where there's a lot to do than have a smaller region where we have to go to Unova to get a full games worth.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    I highly doubt they would but 2 regions in one. I mean if they would put 2, I would enjoy Hoenn, but still unlikely. Kalos is big enough, plus there are 3 parts to the dex. i would much rather see a Hoenn and Sinnoh remake than to put them into gen 6.

pokehearts

I like trains.
    Years
  • I do like the idea of having islands for post game content like the sevii islands. That'd be nice. I just want a bulky amount of post-game content. Unlike Black and White, where there's that one part of the region that's unexplored and you can go through it in one day.

LolPizzaLol

Just chillin'
    Years
  • I think the UK & Ireland as a extra region would be pretty cool, since there could be a nice balance between water and land routes then. But I don't think they will add it though, too much work. And something like Hoenn or Unova would be weird, since this is on another continent. But I think a region based on the UK & Ireland would be great for Gen. 7.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I highly doubt that X/Y will have 2 regions in it because while it seems interesting in paper, I think that having 2 regions at once is just too much, even though G/S/C/HG/SS made it work.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I think something like a few extra islands on the side to explore would be better tbh. Like PD said, 2 regions is too much. Kanto and Johto only made it work because they had such strong connections with each other. We would have heard by now if there was going to be an extra region to explore or something...

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    It seems like wasted hope to me....that's not to say I wouldn't love a second region. I'm just trying to be realistic.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Two regions would be nice, assuming it would actually cause the game to last longer, but one all-new region with the substantiality of two fully-detailed regions would be better. I doubt either case will hold true.

pokehearts

I like trains.
    Years
  • I just want a bulky post game. I might have said this before, but the recent games, Black/White/White 2/Black 2, gave little amounts of post game content. Black and White just had that one area to the right of the region that was easily explored through, and Black 2/White 2 had a bit more I guess, some post game battles, the starting regions of Unova before Castelia, and the PWT, but it still wasn't a great as the post game content of D/P/Pt/HG/SS, In D/P/Pt, you had the entire battle frontier, not to mention that whole island place (I forget the name) and Heatran to catch. HG/SS had a second region, the Hoenn and Kanto Starters, the Battle Frontier, Red, The fight dojo in Saffron City, the Pokegear for Rematches, etc. I just felt like the more recent games lacked in Post Game content, and I'd like some more.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I just want a bulky post game. I might have said this before, but the recent games, Black/White/White 2/Black 2, gave little amounts of post game content. Black and White just had that one area to the right of the region that was easily explored through, and Black 2/White 2 had a bit more I guess, some post game battles, the starting regions of Unova before Castelia, and the PWT, but it still wasn't a great as the post game content of D/P/Pt/HG/SS, In D/P/Pt, you had the entire battle frontier, not to mention that whole island place (I forget the name) and Heatran to catch. HG/SS had a second region, the Hoenn and Kanto Starters, the Battle Frontier, Red, The fight dojo in Saffron City, the Pokegear for Rematches, etc. I just felt like the more recent games lacked in Post Game content, and I'd like some more.

D/P didn't have any more Post Game content than B/W did. All you had was the island and its Battle Tower. The Battle Fronteir didn't exist until Platinum for the 4th Gen games. Post Story Content, Gen 2 and its remakes will always be at the top. They had you go back through Kanto (with no story) just to beat the Gym leaders there again so you can face off against Red.

Hoenn didn't have any Post game content outside of Battle Tower and the place where you catch Rayquaza. Emerald introduced Hoenn's Battle Fronteir and FR/LG had the Sevii Islands. The Main two games in every series always lacks in post game material. B/W Had more than any Main set before them, and B2/W2 still had a lot to do post game without the Battle Frontier thanks to the massive amount of Legends added in Post Game, PWT, Pokestar Studios and retraveling through the old early parts of the region.

We won't get a large post game until the next game after X and Y is released based on this, though they are pulling out all the stops this time.

WolfMirage

"Last Raven"
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2016
    i think it would would nice if in this new game they put 2 gyms in each of the sections and they maybe had like somekinda little mini elite 4 thing u had to beat before u can move on t the next section of the map, it would serves great as a overall gametime expander

Back