• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Any Pokemon in particular...

Years
  • ...that were extremely hard to beat? Whether it be Lance's 3 Dragonite's in Johto or Lucian of the Sinnoh Elite Four's Bronzong, most of us have run into a Pokemon that either walled our entire teams or destroyed them before we could muster an attack. So feel free to post and tell which Pokemon in the 4th Gen games gave your teams, trouble.

I remember having trouble beating Lucian's Bronzong, because of it's defenses and Calm Mind boosts, Bruno's Machamp because it had Rock Slide and Cynthia's Garchomp, because, well, it's a behemoth.

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Lucian's Bronzong, particularly in D/P since I didn't have a single Fire attack.

Cynthia's Garchomp could easily outrun Empoleon (my Pokemon with Ice Beam) and hit it for huge damage with Earthquake.

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
    Years
  • In HG and SS, I HATE Karen's Umbreon. That thing has walled me many times, in the first run and in the rematch. Because it just spams with Double-Team and Curse, making it very hard to beat. Red's Venusaur is pretty annoying with Seep Powder and Giga Drain. Clair's Kingdra is kind of annoying with Smokescreen, but not nearly as annoying as Karen's Umbreon.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Rematch!Lance's Garchomp was a bigger pain than Cynthia's imo. I don't even remember how I got through. I think I item stalled. Then again, my bad for not thinking that the E4 would level up after I beat them. Biiiig mistake there, lol.

As for DPPt...uhhh...nah, I'm good. lol dppt

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2011
    My Empoleon holds a quick claw so I hit Garchomp with blizzard before it could hit me with earthquake. Bronzong.. That thing caused me some serious headaches.

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • Lances dragons werent that hard to beat. Just get a Lapras, level it to around 50, make sure it knows Ice Beam and Hail, and his whole team will basically be iced to a crisp. Reds Pikachu was a bit difficult, since i was under the impression Tyranitar was a Dark/Ground type ;.;. But my Typhlosion managed to take it out without a hitch. Lances Aerodactyl was probably the hardest Pokemon I faced in the 4th Gen, easily wiping the floor with most of my team with.. Rock Slide was it? I had to send out Lugia to stall and get rid of its PP for that darned move. That thing alone took probably 20 revives and 30 full restores per battle.

Years
  • Cynthia's Lucario was the only horribly strong Pokemon in my experience. Actually in my first playthrough, it was the only thing holding me back from being able to get the nat. dex.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • That stupid Miltank with her Rollout kept annoying me even as a child in the original games and Lucian's (I think thats his name) with his Bronzong because Fire type moves just didnt do that much.

:t354:TG

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2011
    The Bonzong family in general was annoying to beat. The miltank became easier (Whitney). Buggsy's scyther gave me trouble as well once the zorokling (move that double powers every time) got going. At the beginning the Steelix from the silver game was hard to beat. Cathlyin's Champiom battle wasn't a cakewalk, same goes with the fire elite four who does not use many fire pokemons. Also the ace trainers on a rainy route in Sinnoh where you can double battle them at the end of the route gave me trouble. (they had a gyrados, cat pokemon, monferno and a kadabra).

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
  • Morty's Gengar gave me quite a bit of trouble in my Soul Silver run since I didn't have any Normal types to take its attacks. In Platinum it was probably Jupiter's Skuntank in the Galactic Eterna building. Both of those took me a few tries to beat.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Whitney's Miltank. Ugh. What a pain to beat it. I was using my L20 Togetic and my L19 Flaaffy against it. I got Flaaffy to paralyze it, but fainted after using Rollout. But Rollout wasn't the most stubborn part. It was its CONSTANT Milk Drinks. Togetic used Extrasensory on Miltank a bazillion times. It's frustrating and hard to beat. >_< Took me about 45 min to just get over the battle.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Lance's Garchomp was extremely tough. As was Red's Charizard and Lapras (I have nothing that can outspeed Charizard, or resist all of Lapras' moves).

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
    Years
  • The Muk in the elite 4 in HG, one of my moves missed and before I knew it it had taken out about 4 of my Lv.100s!!!

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
  • Cynthia's Milotic and Garchomp proved difficult for me to take out, due to their speed and offence stats. Garchomp mauled me with its dragon rush, I'd put an effort to get it low health but she uses full restore. >.<

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
    Years
  • Cynthia's Spiritomb, Garchomp, and Milotic are the most difficult one to destroy (to me). They almost killed my entire team when I first played platinum.

Back