• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Any pokemon you just can't get rid of on your team?

A Real True Winner Is Me

A True Winner is Me
    Years
    I've always wanted to ditch my Espeon. It's in my Elite Team, but it never does anything but just sit and watch while my other five Pokemon destroy another team. It's my back-up Pokemon, but it never backs up anything.​

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 15, 2018
    In FireRed, I always have Charizard, Snorlax, Jolteon, and usually Dugtrio.

And in RSE it's always Swampert and Flygon.

MewMewXX

|| Tohru || Pokemon ||
    Years
    I always catch a Magikarp and evolve it into a Gyarados. Although it takes forever, that day it evolves is so satisfying! I feel like a proud parent! :D

Divine~Deoxys

Gotta have my Linoone.Call it Ziggy.fastest HM Slave i ever used.

.hack

skunkape
    Years
    I can't play S/R/E without assuring myself that as soon as possible, I'll catch a Spoink.
    Spoink and Grumpig rule =]
    And on FR/LG I always Catch A Electabuzz, Even if there's no space on my team, I just have to have one =D

ShinyZzZ18

Shiny Collector & Bad Chainer
    Years
    I vary my team a lot, too, but I don't use legendaries (even rotom). I always use my starter, and a normal type, and the rest of the team varies depending on which starter i use

Nyjil da Kid

Jambalaya of Justice League
    Years
    In LeafGreen i didn't want to drop Pidgeotto...but I thought for a seond
    Charmeleon - Charizard...I had much more valuable [powerful] Pokes to train...I will never get rid of Marowak, Lapras, and Butterfree!

Glow Worm's Not Glowing

Not-So-Masterful
    Years
    I can never seem to get rid of Marowak/Cubone, Snorlax, and Nidorino/Nidoking. I just... I really don't know. Cubone is one of my favorites and so is Nidoking, so I can't really bring myself to put them in my PC. But Snorlax? He seems to be resistant to everything I put him up against. He's my armor. XD

IceSage

Sage of Ice
    Years
    Well, generally in most games, I just can't part with the Pokemon that I've started with, even if it wasn't my starter Pokemon, and even if I don't exactly like that Pokemon as one of my favorites.

For example, I hate Pokemon that don't have my own ID number, and most Pokemon from trades with cruddy nicknames. I also don't like using Charizard that much, compared to the other Gen I starters. However, in Pokemon Diamond / Pearl, I was given a Charmander as a gift from an online acquaintance of mine to help me get started. Ever since then, I just can't part with PEPPER in my team...

Of course, most likely when I find my Leaf Green game, and manage to migrate my Pokemon to the Pal Park to get my legendary bird Pokemon, I'll most likely toss him away in a box somewhere like yesterday's moldy bread. But, um, yeah.

Specifically though, once I get Articuno on my team, I can never part with him. Ever.

Vednix

:D
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2010
    My mew, latios and jirachi. I dont know why, but I just can't put them in a box or release them >.< (like I would release them anyway). I gueesing it's becuase mew has 4 HMs and latios knows fly. and because jirachi is one of my favourites :D

Tox

fight me
    Years
    I always catch a Poliwag near the start and keep it in my team for the whole game.

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2021
    It's Charizard because no matter what game i always get my charizard. For instance i action replayed a charmander in ruby through an encountercode so that i could have one. (this was before firered and Leafgreen were annouced) and I forced myself to beat the end of sinnoh despite growing bored so that i could migrate two charizards, a male and female. Recently was the only time ive ever not used a charizard and that was because i promised not to use any pokemon i would normally use in the game.

Sinnoh then introduced me to my newest must have, Luxray! its just coolest electric pokemon, with its alternate being electrivire.

littlebaier

G.M.K. Master OW Spriter
    Years
    I dont know why, but i must get a Kadabra. If i can, trade it to get a Alazkazam. There just so powerful and fast.

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2009
    I cant go fighting without my damned Slamance, dunno why, i dont even use it.

MudkipRush!!!

Epic Fail Trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2010
    I always have a Metagross (I trade the Beldum in from my friend who has a Ditto. MASS BREADING TIME.) in RSE, I always have a Spiritomb in DPP (my friend has a female one too) and I quite often trade in an extra starter on DPP as well. Normally Chimchar, since there are next to no fires in Sinnoh.

Back