• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Any pokemon you just can't get rid of on your team?

Years
    in Fr/Lg i always got to have a Pikachu but i never evolve it hehe (<======= try hard ash?)
    Also in D/P/Plat i always have to have Starly then evolve it into Staraptor

Zach.Is.Me.

As my name suggests, I am Zach
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2009
    In FR, I always catch a caterpie in Viridian Forest, evolve it into metapod, and generally have a lv 12 or so Butterfree by the time I get to Brock. And after that it just never leaves my team. Same with oddish --> gloom. Then when I get the leaf stone, tah dah! = Vileplume.

Also, never evolved Eevee into anything but Jolteon. Another one of my team's staples.

HatterMadigan

Teddiursa-In-Training
    Years
    FireRed- Pikachu and Oddish
    LeafGreen- Staryu and Oddish
    Ruby/Saphire/Emerald- Ralts and Skitty(Skitty not for battling... just to hve one :))

Ayselipera

I always try to use different pokemon, but
    I can't help using Blaziken. In Firered and
    Leafgreen I tend to use Pidgeot and Raichu
    alot.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2014
    i always have my Blaziken, Ludicolo, and Altaria. The only time i ever put them away is for breeding/hatching eggs or the elite 4 which i usually go in with my blaziken and whatever pokemon i want to evolve with exp share :P

riolu's

riolu? where!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2009
    no matter whay, theres an empoleon, prinplup, piplup, riolu, golbat, sneasel XD

Years
    Hoenn: Gardy. Too useful to pass up.
    Kanto: Probably Mr. Mime. Hooray for lack of special sweepers. -.-

The last new game I did in LeafGreen, I had Mr. Mime (aka Mimien) and it was a beast. It was incredible. Now I have it at level 84 in Platinum. I learns Magical Leaf. It completely replaced my Parasect.

I always end up with a Gardevoir in Sapphire or Emerald. It's really helpful. Wally was the one who made me search and search for one of those.

I can never get rid of my starter. <3

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
    Years
    I always keep my starter, which usually tend to be the fire starter. And for some reason, I always keep it a few levels ahead of the others to keep it my strongest Pokémon, haha.

In my RSE Games, I always have a Linoone on my team, too. Probably because it has Pickup, which I find rather useful. In LeafGreen, I nearly always end up having a Rhydon and maybe a Dragonite on my team. Don't know why, though.

*Nayz*

a.k.a L_Judah
    Years
    In RSE I almost always will have a swellow.

In recent LG plays I've kept a Persian on my team because it can learn dark moves and is immune to ghost moves so it came in handy when fighting Agatha.

lucariomaniac

Lucario Maniac
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2009
    For Fire Red i always have Arcanine and Charizard
    For Emerald i always have salamence and Mightyena

Back