• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any Pokemon you're surprised you don't have?

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    Like if you're a high level and you haven't seen or caught a pretty common Pokemon.

For me, I'm level 21 and I have yet to catch Shellder, despite the fact that he's been on my nearby plenty of times.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2016
    Level 19, still no butterfree... Catterpies are moderately rare around here XD

Also still 0 eeveelutions - I've been one eevee off for way, way too long.

Years
    Well, I'm not sure if these pokemon are rare or common, but I've never seen Sandshrew (or Sandslash).
    I am also missing a Mankey, but have a Primeape.

Years
    Level 19, still no butterfree... Catterpies are moderately rare around here XD

Also still 0 eeveelutions - I've been one eevee off for way, way too long.

Wow!

It's so interesting how much different certain regions can be. We are overrun by Caterpies where I am.

I suppose based on the rarity, I'm surprised I don't have a Golem yet. Geodude's are supposed to be really common (but again, depends on region, too...) and can even be hatched in 2km eggs, I think, right?

Yet I've only ever caught three Geodudes around here. So, Golem for me.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2016
    I suppose based on the rarity, I'm surprised I don't have a Golem yet. Geodude's are supposed to be really common (but again, depends on region, too...) and can even be hatched in 2km eggs, I think, right?

Funny you should say that, I've only ever seen two geodudes, and one got away from me =P I'd like to hatch one, but I've only hatched four 2K eggs - I mostly seem to get 5Ks

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Never seen a Chamander or Cubone, both of which I'm told are relatively common in a lot of areas, never seen a Growlithe and perhaps most strangely, never seen a Doduo! Not sure if it's just my area being so sparse or if I'm just getting unlucky but I'd really love to encounter any of these Pokémon, they're a really cool bunch haha.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2016
    I've never seen a doduo or growlithe either, and growlithe's one of my faves :/

Somewhat irritatingly, the only starter I've seen in the wild has been squirtle, which is the one I accidentally picked (I would have gone for charmander but the server was lagging badly and I was tapping at random). I've seen shadows of charmander, but never the real deal.

Years
    Never seen a Chamander or Cubone, both of which I'm told are relatively common in a lot of areas, never seen a Growlithe and perhaps most strangely, never seen a Doduo! Not sure if it's just my area being so sparse or if I'm just getting unlucky but I'd really love to encounter any of these Pokémon, they're a really cool bunch haha.

I've never seen a wild Dodou, have only hatched them. No idea where they would normally be...

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I've never seen a wild Dodou, have only hatched them. No idea where they would normally be...
    I've heard that a lot of people find them as commonly as Spearow, it seems like the game just chooses one of the two (or from a few others as I've heard similar cases with Nidoran, Drowzee, Eevee, etc) and that's the one you find most commonly? But not at all sure, I just know I want one!

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    It's funny, there's a Doduo spawn at a local park about 10 minutes away from my house. And I've caught a Growlithe around the same area.

Years
    Been playing since the first day of its release, I'm about 4000 exp from level 23, and I still haven't caught a Growlithe, but I've had an Arcanine since like Day 5. Got lucky when someout shouted there was one across the street in a mall. I've actually seen a Growlithe on screen when I was eating at a Greek place, but of course I had no Pokeballs, and no Pokestops were nearby.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    Still haven't got a Raichu yet, in the first week I got to 41 Pikachu candy but been stuck on that for 3 weeks now

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2016
    I chose Charmander as my starter, and I've never seen another one. I've hatched one Geodude and have never seen another. I've also never seen a Pikachu, Mankey, Drowzee, or Machop.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Funny to see how many people are struggling with Charmander haha. I feel like I'm finding Squirtle all over the place and Bulbasaur are also pretty common to hear about on this forum but only one person from memory has spoken about finding a lot of Charmander and that's because she has a nest near her. Think they're a lot rarer than the other starters or just need a very specific biome?

Almost lv. 20 and still never encountered Charmander or Clefairy. aaaagh why. ; ; I know there are areas here where Clefairy's a bit more common but idk I've only seen the shadow once or twice but it never showed up. Wonder when I'll actually spot a Charmander.
    Clefairy usually spawn by the truck load in shopping centres/town centres - what kind of area are you looking in?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've hatched a few 10km eggs, but none wound up to be an Aerodactyl (which I believe is the only way right now to get a hold of the Pokemon). I'm looking forward to hatching one!

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2016
    I've hatched a few 10km eggs, but none wound up to be an Aerodactyl (which I believe is the only way right now to get a hold of the Pokemon). I'm looking forward to hatching one!

I've received exactly one 10km egg in over a month of playing. No Aerodactyl.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
    Aerodactyl.

...I've hatched 26 10km eggs already (two more today)... 4 more incubating right now.

6 Magmar
    4 Hitmonlee
    3 Onix
    2 Electabuzz
    2 Hitmonchan
    2 Jynx
    2 Omanyte
    1 Kabuto
    1 Pinsir
    1 Lapras
    1 Chansey
    1 Eevee

Clefairy usually spawn by the truck load in shopping centres/town centres - what kind of area are you looking in?

I've been to our local mall, the ferry area, tourist parts of the city, and other populated areas in general but no go. You're right about that though, whenever Clefairy spawned it was always around malls and other shopping centers. Guess I'm gonna have to go back and see if I get lucky. D:

Back