• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any Pokemon Youtubers here?!

TheOregle

Pokémon Ranger
Years
  • No matter how big or small, I imagine at least a few people around this site have thought about or have made some YouTube content based on Pokémon. I personally have just recorded the first few episodes of my first ever randomised nuzlocke series and i'm looking for a few like-minded people to chat to and maybe share ideas with, collab and generally support each other!

What with all the big guns out there like Shady, Nappy, Luke, Hoodlum, Mo and the like it's hard to get stuff out there without pushing it onto people that maybe don't want to see it, so it'd be nice to build a little community of people that're into doing the same thing ^^

Years
  • Hey!

I used to have a Youtube channel back in my early days and it was actually gaining a fair amount of views.

Some tips I picked up:
    - Thumbnails and titles are the deciding factor on whether someone clicks the video, so take some time producing well thought out ones.
    - Your character is what sells the video beyond the first minute, everyone's played Pokemon, but people watch LPs for entertainment and commentary.
    - Get involved with the community (which you've already started), it's difficult to rise to the big Poketuber's status in this day and age, but if you're integrated into the Pokemon community, your videos will spread like wildfire.

Edit: If you send your channel, I will watch your videos when you upload them :)

Years
  • I've always dreamed of becoming a Poketuber and I think my personality would be unique enough to keep people entertained as well as being different than the rest out there. The only thing I have to record with is my tablet though so it wouldn't work unless I figured a way to point it at my game screen without having to hold it.

Nero

I like it.
    Years
  • I haven't yet, but I've been working on on some Pokemon jazz and funk remixes lately that I plan on uploading to a YouTube account. I'm sure that it would include some other VG remixes too, but I'd mainly be making Pokemon stuff so I guess it counts.

I also have a good friend who used to do Pokemon battle videos, but he quit after a short while. He just wasn't patient enough, and while the quality of his videos were good (in my opinion) he didn't advertise it very well or put much effort into getting his channel known and interacting with his subs. It's a shame, but I guess starting a gameplay channel these days is pretty difficult.

chimchar5

learnig surf
    Years
  • Just launched a channel very recently, and while pokemon is not my only go to, I do have a lot of pokemon videos in the works ( and I mean A LOT). I'm always down to support anyone trying to break into youtube as well so if you want, shoot me a message so we can keep in contact.

Years
  • I just started a channel. I'm still trying to learn EVERYTHING lol but I'd love to chat and help if I couldl...and get help as well xD

Last edited by a moderator:

Graylie

Super PokéTuber
    Years
  • I basically just started pokemon videos as well. I am extremely camera shy, so it's always hard for me to be myself whenever I'm on camera, lol. I get extremely quiet and stutter. I'm currently in college, so keeping a schedule is super difficult as well, but I do enjoy making videos! It's a really awesome hobby to me. :) I would love to check out everyone's channels!

Back