• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any shinies yet?

Years
  • I found a shiny Gastly in the cemetery towards the beginning. Honestly wasn't expecting to encounter a shiny this fast.

15171334_10154135986751446_1615539064326679005_n.jpg

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • It seems my Gen 6 luck has deserted me. Not one Shiny yet in about 30 hours playtime.

I think I will go for the Shiny Charm before I start call chaining. I am doing a GTS trading spree to get tricky entries like Electivire.

I really want a Shiny Bounsweet though and may try for one once I finish the game.

Edit - Tried for a Shiny Bounsweet and caught it after a call chain. She is now a Shiny Tsareena.v:)

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Whilst looking for a Black Sludge for my Alolan Muk I found a Shiny Alolan Grimer in the first town by SOS chaining.

Shiny Alolan Grimer is purple...just like regular Kanto Grimer. :0

I must admit however Alolan Muk looks better in purple than green and onto my team it goes. :)

Random note - If you change a Pokemon's pokedex image to its shiny form if you've seen caught it it's profile image changes too to match it's shiny colours. A nice touch. :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2016
    I haven't run into a shiny myself, but I did get two from Wonder Trade. A (most likely) hacked Litten since it's level 5, Adamant and has all 31 IVs. I also got an Oricorio and I just LOVE it's shiny, so I'm super happy! I was hunting for a shiny Pikipek in my Moon save for a while with no luck.. So I gave up and reseted my game.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • Just hatched a 4 IV Shiny Love Ball Vulpix with Egg Moves and Snow Warning. Disappointment doesn't even begin to describe it...if it was five IV's I'd be buzzing and would use it over my Moon Ball variant...

At least it's GTS able?

Might as well get the shiny charm and try again lol

It's a very subtle change and I wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't paid attention to the red star.

This will improve my resolve. I will get another Shiny Vulpix and it will be 5IV's.

Years
  • Shiny Pelliper and granbull are the shiny I got and probrably will never used both since I don't like granbull and pelliper to begin with..oh well! haha

Years
  • I spent a few days s.o.s'ing and have so far found 2 shiny rockruff and a cubone. I'm thinking of trying for a turtonater next. And this is without the shiny charm, I hope my luck keeps up when I get it.

Devil in the Mirror

We Stitch These Wounds
    Years
  • I have never once in my life gone shiny hunting in a Pokemon game. Which is probably why my first ever legit, nonscripted shiny was a Zubat I caught on Sun. She's now a Crobat named Batgirl and will never leave my party because Crobat is beast.

User19sq

Warning: Amounted insanity present in the following story:

So, on a fluke, I ended up chaining a shiny Crabrawler and catching it. While I was happy to get it, I was saddened by the fact that it's a female (I'm very picky with my Pokémon's genders). So last night, at 11:30 PM, my Mimikyu and I went hunting for berries, and I encountered a Crabrawler SOS battle in the Secluded Shore.

Fourteen agonizing, non-stop hours later into the same battle, I find another shiny Crabrawler.... female.

My Mimikyu's attack EVs were completely filled. And every single one of those Crabrawler knew Bubble Beam; they were like angry Vegetas shooting out tons of projectiles at my Mimikyu until she was developed in an explosion of dust and light. And when those Vegeta crabs finally gave up... Mimikyu jumped out in a surprise and OHKOed every single one of them. She was maxed out in Bulk Ups. And she knows Leech Life. I nearly ran out of Leppa Berries. I had five other weak Pokémon in my party for the purpose of completing the dex... and every single one of them evolved once the battle was over!

So now I have two female Crabrawler shinies in my box, one with it's Hidden Ability. I missed so many Kyurem battles in Shuffle. It was 1:30-ish PM when it ended. I fell asleep... hard.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 26, 2023
    Update: I now have my MM Shiny Tsareena, along with two completely random encounters; Skarmory and Bagon.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I now have my 3rd Gen 7 Shiny - A Rockruff. She appeared in about 180 SOS calls. She has her hidden ability Steadfast.

She has four perfect IVS and is now a shiny Blue Lycanroc. :)

Years
  • Got two new shiny today, a caterpie ( with the S.O.S method, even though i was just training hp EV for my pikipek) and an alola Raticate, which was random appear when I wanted to level up some pokemon! :)

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • During my playthrough of the story, I found two shiny Pokemon, both in one day and both from dumb luck! One was a shiny Magnemite which was neat but I already have some of those (back from 4th gen Pokeradar), and one a shiny Alolan Meowth, which joined my extended team. :B

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2020
    I don't have any shiny Pokemons yet but I'm not disappointed yet. I'm used to normal coloured Pokemons.

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2017
    Caught a shiny mudbray while looking for an island scan rhyhorn..decided to break out the beast balls for the rare occasion ;)

Attachments

• 20161205_030527.jpg
      20161205_030527.jpg
      721 KB · Views: 15

Jeanster4

Ice Cold
    Years
  • Caught a shiny sandile on my first visit to the desert. Caught a shiny Smeargle while i was trying to evolve my eevee into a Sylveon. And as well i caught a shiny Bewear while i was trying to chain for Unnerve Bewear.

Years
  • My first encounter in diglett cave just as i entered was a shiny zubat.
    Just farmed a shiny cutiefly aswell.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I now have 5 Gen 7 Shines after chaining for a Shiny Pikipek after about 110 encounters. It is now a Shiny Toucannon. I really like the pink beak.

My latest shiny is a Shiny Orange Cottonee. It took about 180 SOS calls. I plan to use it for a Grass Monotype that I will do once I get Moon.

Back