• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any shinies yet?

stzy

the battlefield got weird.
Years
  • Well, I was searching for a Magnemite that was holding a Metal Coat, and I ran into a shiny one! I named it Rhodium and as I was training it in Melemele Sea, I came across a shiny Luvdisc, which I named Yellow Tang!

Wow what luck!

I just chained my first shiny. Little Pikipek, chain of 94 on route 1. I love shiny Toucannon. My Smeargle was only level 31 so I didn't have too many options in regards to Pokemon, but I think I might try for Eevee next.

stzy

Years
  • Got the shiny Eevee, chain was at 114 I think. Chaining in this generation is stupidly easy. If you're careful and pay attention to what you're doing, there's literally no way to break it. Players hunting for shinies in the PokeRadar days will understand my amazement.

EDIT: Just got a shiny Fomantis. I love this!

Last edited:
    Years
  • On my quest to catch a pichu in the beginning of the game that first pichu was so rare that I actually found a shiny pikipek before I found one pichu lol. Anyone else find a shiny yet.

I just started the game and Iam also trying to find to find a Pichu.Its super rare :( XD

Also I will start chaining shinies after completing the main game.

JesuDesu22

Shiny Hunter
    Years
  • I've caught/bred 11 shiny Pokemon in Moon so far. c:

1. Popplio (Bred on accident while actually trying to breed a shiny Eevee)
    2. Eevee (Bred on purpose after 1600 ish eggs)
    3. Pikipek (Was testing out SOS chaining for shiny Pokemon)
    4. Mudbray (Random encounter)
    5. Petilil (More SOS chaining)
    6. Bounsweet (Even more SOS chaining)
    7. Ditto (SOS chaining, was getting one with 4 IV's for my boyfriend's breeding, since we play different language games)
    8. Rowlet (Bred it on purpose after 1300 ish eggs)
    9. Zubat (Even MORE SOS chaining)
    10. Goomy (Bred it on purpose after 150 ish eggs)
    11. Grubbin (OMG SOS CHAINZ)

I got the shiny charm in like the first week of the game's release so I've had lots of time to get these. XD

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • Got the eevee, named it Josuke and ended up evolving it into a vaporeon.

Like I said, I'm holding off on shiny hunting for a while now, at least until I get a few more post game things done. Definitely need to find those last 3 zygarde cells. I'll probably go for a sneasel when the time comes, though.

Disolia

Friend of the Lurantis
    Years
    • MI
    • Seen Aug 14, 2019
    It's been three generations since my last random encounter shiny, but I have finally got another one! This time in the form of a shiny Fomantis, I got at the start of my adventure! He's the main pokemon on my team, I spoil him way too much, but that's because I love him. <3

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
    Years
  • I consider myself very lucky, I was hatching Laprases, and out of nowhere (not even a Masuda method) I got a shiny one.... I beat the biggest odds in hatching it since both parents were from the same region (my game) :)

User19sq

According to a grunt squatting outside Game Freak's headquarters, the shiny rate is now 4,000 to 1. So you pretty much have to pull all stops to breed for a shiny (charm, Mesuda, etc.)...

Iron Tiff

OBJECTION!
    Years
  • No wild shinies yet, but in the process of breeding for my Nanu team, I've hatched a shiny Meowth and Sandile. Must be a sign! XD

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Since getting the Dewpider, I got a shiny Lillipup by walking around randomly, followed by Pikipek via SOS chaining after 3 summons. During the Pikipek encounter, the shiny Pikipek summoned another shiny Pikipek after 3 more summons and I had to KO one of them. The shiny Pikipek kept calling for help and I had to keep on defeating its reinforcements at around a dozen times before it failed. That nearly drove me to insanity because I was afraid that the second Pikipek would KO itself with Struggle after 75 turns. When I did catch it though, it came with its Hidden Ability.

stzy

Years
  • Because it's perfect. It has the guaranteed right nature and great IVs! It's ready for competitive use. I've done tons of S.O.S chaining too, though. However, Minior cannot be chained, it does not summon other Minior.

Oh ok good to know. Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2017
    I've caught a shiny Caterpie & Gumshoos by SOS chaining. Even though, I was merely EV training.

Is it me or is it the easiest way to find shinies?

Back