• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any shinies yet?

stzy

the battlefield got weird.
Years
  • I've encountered a shiny Fomantis, but I accidentally killed it from a critical hit.

Thats balls :( better luck next time eh!

I got my first shiny through WT today. It was Pom-Pom Oricorio so that's pretty nifty I guess... seems like it's legit, too.

Meaningless Flower

PokéContestant
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2017
    I actually caught my 2nd ever (encountered) shiny through the SOS method. It was an Exeggcute and is now an Exeggutor.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
  • I got 2 shinys so far first was a shiny fearow while looking for a jolly ditto in sun and then I hatched a shiny caterpi in moon while breeding for good butterfree

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2019
    I got a shiny Eevee after about 20 eggs which was really lucky. Then I got a shiny alolan grimer while EV training. I also found a shiny yungoos, but I KO'ed by accident because I wasn't paying attention lol. I don't even have a shiny charm. Finally, I got some shinies from wonder trade, but they are all very obviously hacked.

MKC

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2023
    I found a shiny Poliwag early on by chance the first time I got into the Malie Gardens, but it turned out to be a female so I traded her away, I got Lunala in exchange which I later on kept trading again for dex filling.

I also found a shiny magby while looking for a regular one for the dex, it was male and had flame body so I kept him, he is now my official egg hatcher.

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2019
    Got a few shines but the most horrid was Pichu
    Just over 1k Sos calls and 3ds was on for 24 hours :'(

SirBoglor

[b][I][FONT=Satisfy]It's over, isn't it?[/FONT][/I
    Years
  • I've caught three so far, none of them from shiny hunting. My first was Grubbin, also from trying to get a Pichu to spawn. Second was Fearow, which I encountered by chance when trying to get a Ditto to spawn. And my third is Ditto, from trying to get high IVs.

TDiesels

--Pokemon Strategist--
    Years
  • I just ran across a wild shiny Cleffa on Mount Hokulani while hunting for ditto. I literally jumped out of my chair when I saw it. It's so beautiful

Years
  • Ben I hate you. ;----;

That shiny Cutiefly tho...
    Any shinies yet?

credit - rumwik @ tumblr

If I wasn't so picky with natures I'd have one by now, but they keep using Stun Spore on me which makes my synchronize Kadabra bounce it back. And as I'm sure most of us know, SOS rates are extremely low if the target's inflicted with paralysis. Even with Taunt and etc it still slips through the cracks somehow. The dream...

Years
  • I just decided to use the Masuda Method for the first time on a Sandygast, and I got a shiny on the 23rd egg! I named it Punalu'u off the Hawaiian black sand beach.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • After repeated chains I haveq finally found a Shiny Fomantis. The yellow and green is instantly noticeable. She has a Hardy Nature and 4 IVs. She is now a Lurantisand will be used as my False Swiper for future chains.

Years
  • I was looking for a Delibird to get a shiny one with the Masuda Method, and I ran into a shiny Spearow! I'm quite happy about this because I just recently lost a shiny Fearow and Machamp when my Pokemon Sapphire save file got corrupted.

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2018
    all i got was a shiny magikarp (first time fishing) and a shiny ledyba totaly random while looking for a happiny

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • After a chain of only 53 I caught a Shiny Male Pichu in a Fast Ball. :)

He is now a Shiny Alolan Raichu. Alolan Raichu's Shiny Form reminds me of chocolate so he has the nickname Chocomouse.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    No shinies but I haven't really been searching for them either.

I'm going to attempt chaining for a shiny Drampa though so wish me luck. I keep seeing people saying they got a shiny in 30-50 Pokemon so that sounds promising.

Back