• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any use for grassy terrain?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2016
    I've been trying for a while to find a good use for grassy terrain which doesn't feel like a froced gimmick. Has anyone got any suggestions? Any tier is ok, just give me an example of a pokemon who can actually benefit from it

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Would probably be best in doubles, so you don't waste the next turn switching out after setting it up. Tanky Grass types (Tangrowth, Roserade, Mega Venusaur) will probably appreciate the slight healing it gives, and the 50% boost to Grass moves as well to give them more offensive presence. Part of me thinks that offensive Grass pokes like Contrary Serperior could work pretty well with it too, but someone would need to test that out.

Fortunately the Flabebe line gets the move, so you don't need to have 2 Grass types on the field at once to use it.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
    It worked like a charm on my Monograss in-game, but it's competitive use is limited to say the least.
    Would probably be best in doubles, so you don't waste the next turn switching out after setting it up. Tanky Grass types (Tangrowth, Roserade, Mega Venusaur) will probably appreciate the slight healing it gives, and the 50% boost to Grass moves as well to give them more offensive presence. Part of me thinks that offensive Grass pokes like Contrary Serperior could work pretty well with it too, but someone would need to test that out.

Fortunately the Flabebe line gets the move, so you don't need to have 2 Grass types on the field at once to use it.
    I tried it out in VGC for a bit, and it would be nice if Flying types weren't half the meta (and Fire types another quarter). Honestly Grass types not named Ferrothorn (and Ludicolo to an extent) are awful in VGC right now, and Ferro 204+ Atk Ferro gets the KOes it needs anyway. I guess the damage boost means you can get the KO on Ogre with no Attack investment, but it's too hard to keep up with all these Primal Groudon running around lighting things on fire. The best calc you are going to get is a signifigantly reduced chance of getting 2HKOed by a neutral nature boosted Xerneas while holding Lefties: +2 252 SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 52 SpD Ferrothorn: 92-108 (50.8 - 59.6%) -- 34.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery and Grassy Terrain recovery.

To the TLDR is thus: Grassy Terrain would be awesome if all the Grass types weren't scared off the premises by DONald Trump threatening them with a wall of fire, and making them pay for it.

Reactions: Nah
    Back