• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anybody else feel disappointed by the 'Mew' event pokemon?

Smiffy01

Ace Trainer
Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2016
    I managed to get a code from my local GAME store hre where I live in the UK and I was SO excited about getting it, I entered the code, got the Mew and then looked at its summary, my face dropped, level 100 with its only move being pound?? Like seriously? I realize yes it is all for the 20th anniversary of pokemon which I love and all, but I was hoping for a few awesome unique moves that it might know, similar to other legendary pokemon.

Anybody else felt this disappointment when you got it?

Smiffy01

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2016
    I don't feel this way. I mean, you could teach it any move you want; I wasn't expecting anything super special about it. Besides, it's a Mew; the thing's rare enough to get as it is, so I'm happy with what I have. :P

fair point, indeed it is a mew of which is one of the rarest pokemon going in the history of pokemon so I am happy to simply have a mew haha your right :D

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Moved this over to Pokémon Gaming Central, since the Mew event isn't strictly OR/AS. But yea, the nice thing about it being level 100 is that you can teach it all the moves in its learnset via the Move Relearner. Not to mention, the amazing thing about Mew is that it can learn every TM and HM move. And of course, as flight mentioned, it's a pretty rare Poke in general. After this, there probably won't be another opportunity to get another one in years--at least not through legitimate means.

Years
  • Pound is not really a disappointing move for this Mew, especially since Mew's movepool is already as versatile as it is with being able to learn every single TM, so you can literally make it do whatever you want it to do in battle and more.

Sirfetch’d

I got mine yesterday! I haven't gotten the nature I want yet so I am still resetting for a better one. I've never legally owned a Mew before so I am so excited :D

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Ive never really experimented before, is it possible to SR for a legit 6IV event pokemon like this or do they cap out in any way?

khaozz

Peace sells, but who's buying?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2018
    I think Mew only having Pound as its move could be a reference to the Gen 1 Mew Glitch. When you performed the Mew Glitch, you could get a Mew, usually at Level 7, which meant that its only move was Pound.

Either that or those who made the event were lazy.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I don't care about the move, I care about the level. I like using event stuff on a playthrough tbh, so...you know. With a level 100 Pokemon, there's not really any room to grow there. Last time we had a Mew event was HGSS and the Mew was like...level 10, I believe? So I used it on my team and it was fun! But we can't do that with a level 100 one so. :( That sucks.

But for the moves, I mean, you can teach it literally whatever your little heart desires...haha.

Fannie

Don't let my milk go lumpy
    Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 31, 2016
    I don't feel this way. I mean, you could teach it any move you want; I wasn't expecting anything super special about it. Besides, it's a Mew; the thing's rare enough to get as it is, so I'm happy with what I have. :P

Yeah, Mew doesn't really need a special/exclusive move when it can learn anything. That's it's niche. Plus it's purdy.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I thought it was okay...nothing great but nothing bad. I think they could have done just a little more for it though.

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
    Years
  • No I was really happy to finally have a Mew. I taught my Mew Flash Cannon, Scald, Dazzling Gleam, and Psychic. I got my Mew card on February 1. I recommend going to your local store on the first day, they should not run out of cards on day 1

pkmin3033

Not really, before I picked one up I didn't HAVE a Mew anymore, so anything is better than nothing. I wasn't planning on using it for anything, and as it can learn pretty much anything, if I DID want to use it then it wouldn't be difficult to make it useable. I'm just happy to have one again <3

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I'm not too bothered by the moveset. I didn't have a chance to get to the event myself, so I was just relieved to get one from someone else, even if it's cloned and not my own unique Mew. I probably will leave it untouched anyway, seeing as it's at level 100, but I figure between TMs, tutors, and the move relearner, I should be able to teach it everything I want.

Back