• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Anybody else feel extremely underleveled by the Elite Four?

Years
    Yes, I have to do massive grinding against Trainers registered in the Pokegear.

My team was that tiny bit underleveled, all of my Pokemon were taken out by Lance's Dragonite and I only had my Miltank left, went for it and I defeated him using a Stomp/Strength/Attract combo. Miltank totally saved me with that tough Defense.

Flamboyant

Girlpowershipping fangirl ♥
    Years
    I seem to find myself underleveled in almost every game, but by 5 levels maximum. That's because, even if I have a hard time beating a Gym leader, if I succeed, then I don't bother training more. I kinda hate grinding.
    But most of the time, I'm able to pull it out and I beat the Elite four, cause the difference isn't that big. In HG/SS, however, I'm like 10 levels underleved. I'm on my second run and, even thought this time I told myself I would grind more, I still found myself underleved. The wild pokemons are far too weak in Jotho and don't even talk about Kanto. The trainers aren't that strong neither. I think that's the big difference.

In Fair Verona

4BR4 C4D4V3R
    Years
    Not really. At that point in the game, I found myself to be at least 5 levels higher than Cynthia's strongest Pokémon - I always aim for that to be the case with Gym Leaders/Elite 4 - and defeating them was no problem. If anything, I felt that I was too overleveled for that point in the game - it took some of the fun out of the battles.

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2014
    I guess I was a bit underleveled...But I could defeat them. I might have lost a few times before, but before a battle, I save, so if I lose, I'd only have to restart and I'm back.
    (SoulSilver)

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Oh goodness, the Sinnoh Elite Four was by far the hardest. It was a nice change, since up until that point, the elite four is full of pushovers. I remember I restarted my Diamond completely the first time I was playing through it because I just couldn't grind enough and my team was completely under leveled.

Back