• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Anybody enjoy the GBA generation to the DS generation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Challenger

The Challenger
Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2012
    I prefer playing the 3rd gen games. I never really liked sinnoh that much and I prefer GSC to HGSS.

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2014
    The GBA is my favourite handheld and I loved the Pokémon Games on it, My favourite generation was the 3rd :)

Years
  • I think everyone likes gba games the best is because they played those when they were younger, less-experienced, and everyone didn't just turn to google when stuck. You didn't have others opinions on what wasn't good and what wasn't bad.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Up until Platinum came out, Emerald was vastly superior. I enjoyed the game more, and it felt a lot more relatable. I don't know why so many people shun Generation III, because in my opinion, it was one of the most innovative generations in Pokémon, design-wise.

wildkayaker

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2012
    I prefer the GBA ones more. I love the graphics since they are pretty good for such an old game system.

Years
  • I definately love the gba games more, I think their simplicity and more relatable storylines made them altogether more enjoyable. Also, I'm not a big fan of the actual pokemon from gen 4 and 5. I hated four but three was my favourite.

Years
  • The Pokemon, graphics (extremely largely), the speed of the games (DS ones just play so slow and feel akward), the mechanics... Gen III games are by far my favorite, Emerald probably being #1.

IAshKetchum

Pokémon master.
    Years
  • I liked the GBA games more than the DS ones because R/S/E Was a brilliant game and LG/FR were brilliant remakes of the originals, i was younger in the GBA days so i had friends to play it with all the time ^_^ now people just play it on there own :)
    and B/W's pokemon look like cheap rip off's of digimon so you won't catch me playing that without my previous gen pokemon ^_^

NatureKeeper

I prefer Leaf Green to all of the 4th gen games except for Platinum (I would judge Leaf Green and Platinum as tied for best Pokemon game). But the Hoenn Pokemon games, I would rank far, far worse than the 4th gen games. Blame it on the water.

^ My opinion in a nutshell, except that I am not very antagonistic to water. Also, SoulSilver is my 4th Gen favorite. But my 3rd Gen Fave is LeafGreen.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I know I did. I love RSE, but FRLG just didn't cut it for me. They're the poop of Gen III. As for Gen IV, it started off kinda blah, but ended with a bang with Platinum and HGSS. I like them both, but Gen III is my favorite generation. DP were just so bad that it puts Gen IV at a sour spot with me. When I put games in order from favorite to least favorite actually, I don't even put Platinum with DP. It's just on a whole other level for me, and is far above what DP could ever hope to be. But yes, Gen III > Gen IV imo. :) I'm only leaving this thread here because Adv Gen needs more threads! lol

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2012
    III gen for me too. I really liked teams magma and aqua, and the hoenn pokemon were really nice. Also, you can't really go wrong with what was effectively R/G/B all over again, but with better graphics.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    I loved the secret bases in ruby and sapphire. The underground in diamond and pearl just isn't the same. I hope the secret bases come back in the remakes of R/S/E.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • The third generation has always been my favourite. While it may not have had the graphics or sophistication of the games that followed, I have always enjoyed the adventure and gameplay of the third gen game roster. Hoenn was a great and varied region, it was awesome to relive my early Gameboy years in FR/LG and the Battle Frontier was just amazing in every way :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back