• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anybody play that free Yu-Gi-Oh game over the Internet?

Shiny

content creator on twitch
Years
  • There are multiple versions of a Yu-Gi-Oh online game, as far as I know, there is an offical game, a YVD (YuGiOh Virtual Duel) and DCM (or something like that). I've only played the official game and YVD, the official game is abit difficult to understand so I've given up on that, but YVD is , while still complicated to understand, simpler than the official game. YVD is hands on, that you move the cards yourself, you subtract and add lifepoints yourself, you move the card to which monster you'd like to attack.

tl;dr There are many versions, YVD being my recommended.

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    The Yu-Gi-Oh! Online Game by Konami is a complete rip off. You have to pay real money to duel people, and it's pretty hard to get essential cards. I highly suggest not wasting your time. You get ten free duels, and then you have to pay.

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    Google "Yu-Gi-Oh Virtual Dueling" and click the Xerocreative link. Easy to download, free to play, and overall simple. :/

YVD is probably the best simulator in the world. I agree with you.

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
  • Weeeeell, I play DMU, which has most of the anime-only cards as well (Limited or Semi-Limited liberally according to the power level). I hate YVD disconnecting on me, so I prefer Duel Monsters Unlimited instead. Plus it updates at a fairly frequent rate.

Ace~Sasaki

I'm no match for you...
    Years
  • Go on BYOND and u can find, I think 2 dueling simulators and they are really good. They have all the cards and its pretty fast and stuffs. I used to play duel king online before they sold it and the guy didnt know what to do with it.

Halberdier

Solver and Stabber
    Years
  • I'm fairly sure that the one Yu-gi-oh game other than DMU is a game based on Yu-gi-oh, which basically means ripped sprites, and the concept of attack points, and is for the most part defunct of game play and worthy time investment. It looked like a stub of a game, but then again, I wouldn't know, because I trusted my instincts that it was a useless stub of a game.

However, DMU is fully functional and provides a bigger community than YVD, where the very over world where the games take place them self provide the same area that all the other duellists on the server use, creating a larger inspirational value to be received from the collective duellists playing as a whole. It makes it a very nurturing community to pick up the meta, that is, if you're patient enough to see why the masses use what they do. It's highly recommended.

Back