• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Anybody still play Ruby or Sapphire?

Musician of Literature

La musica es la fuerza...
Years
  • Yeah! Best game ever. Gens 1, 2, and 4... Yeah, they were not as good as the 3rd. Go Sapphire!!!!!

yup, i play emerald, i want a newer version for ds so i can can still play hoenn region while being able to onnect with other people without my stupid conecting cord.

Yeah, it stinks that I can't trade with other people (because I don't think many of my non-PC friends like Pokemon, except my BFF, but he doesn't own the RSE games.

Last edited:

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
  • More of a Sapphire player. Hoenn is better than Kanto. Least for GBA it is. Also somewhat easier to do a speed run and beat the Elite 4 as it takes fewer Pokemon given the way I rush to the end. Fifteen hours Hoenn doesn't quite disappoint me without trading.

Years
  • .I'm one of the wierd people... I love gen 3 (My favorite). I got all games... (yes including DS games) but I can never stop playing Emerald... Personally I think Emerald's battle frontier is better than the other's... I didn't like Frontier changes on Gen4 games... you got a gen 3 loving partner here

Totally this...

The Battle Frontier from Emerald was pure love! Seriously, I think it's way better than the current Battle Frontier. Ruby was my first game of the franchise, and personally I found it to be the best of the third generation in terms of creativity...I thought FireRed was so boring. I don't understand people's obsession with the first generation. Sigh so jonesing for a remake. I actually lost my old Emerald, but found my old Ruby so I'm replaying it. It's really fun! I plan on re-purchasing a used Emerald from game stop at my school (scary huh there is a game stop at my college!)

Someone above mentioned how hard Norman is...yes, he brutally punished me. It was actually quite shameful. I lasted about a couple minutes. My poor little Aron happened to have really crap special defense, got his butt handed to him every time. So that one went back to the computer. Somehow I managed to survive and win, and now I am grinding right before the E4 by repeatedly battling the news reporter and her camera man. Though they don't give a whole lot of exp, it's way better than trying to do that with wild pokemon. Plus the doubled money with amulet coin is always sweet.

Last edited:

Sewzie

Too sexy for my shirt.
    Years
  • I still play R/S/E, mostly Emerald, though, since I caught a bunchload of Pokemon there heehee =D
    But yeah, sometimes, just to look back at my previous achievements and/or continue my re-plays.

Years
  • I play it all the time! I have them both, I played Ruby and my little brother played Saphire. But he never plays it anymore so I was actually going to start it over and play it >.>

ROFLCOPTERNZ

Sora's Heartless
    Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2010
    yep

Gen 3 is probably the best on GBA.
    Still play them :P though i like to reset and use different users

Pikachu lvl88

Experienced Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    I was playing Ruby but now i'm playing Emerald as Ruby got "damaged" (hacking lulz) so I have to use Quicksave of VBA to play Ruby xD Both are played by Visual Boy Advance.
    Although I probably hacked most on Ruby... Ruby is only game where I have LEGIT shiny =D Why I hacked? I don't remember =) On Emerald only "hack" was using Advance Map to meet Latias although I do this just to know where is Latias. Even with a knowledge where is Latias - it still was somewhat hard to find her as I have to go by foot/surfing. Repel helped me a lot with this. I played Ruby a long time ago, about more than year ago =D maybe even more than 18 months ago o.o
    PS.Ok, I'm going to "hunt" Plusle and Minun in Emerald :D
    PS 2.Dammit I forgot that I go to Battle Dome. If you don't know, "randomity" here is none. Even with quicksave and quickload there is no randomity :O
    Plan changed. I'm training now my Ninjask which drinked 10 Carbos (lulz)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2010
    I don't have a DS, so this is the furthest I can get atm in pokemon games, so yeah I still play Emerald :P. I've never really had Pokemon much past level 50 or so (usually they are low-mid 40s when I beat the Elite Four), and I've never gone through the trouble to get legendaries in any of the generations, but I'm having fun in my current game, where I used my brother's Sapphire to send over a level 5 Beldum from my last emerald game :P. Due to the boost in exp., and due to the fact that I'm only raising 3 pokemon for the battledome, my metagross is level 53 already after 7 badges...Normally it would be 35 or so at this point lol I'm really bad at levelling.

I've never played Ruby or Sapphire, though -- just Emerald.

I have leaf green and I also have gold...I don't really play either of those much, but I'd say I play the gold a little more than the leaf green -- I really liked generation II. Those are pretty much played maybe once a year or less, though, whereas I typically play Emerald maybe 3 times a year.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2014
    Ruby and fire red are alli play now, the DS versions arekinda lame and repetetive so i stick with 3rd gen cause its perfect imo

Lαvi

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2010
    I do. I just finished playing Emerald a few weeks before. I always enjoyed this generation's Pokémon and the Hoenn region is my second favorite region; we will have to wait until I get B&W.

girliehhhhhh

safhsdjklhfsdjk;
    Years
  • I still have my Sapphire that I bought when it first came out. I never really played it that much, since I grew to dislike the 3rd Generation games and also because I was a real big fan of the 2nd Generation. I am, however, now starting to actually play through my Sapphire version, since I've had a renewed interest in Pokémon.

Back