• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Anybody still significantly playing Red/Blue/Yellow ?

Johnny Jones

Got to get Diamond soon!
    Years
    Of course! The best way to enjoy your monthly dose of nostalgia! In fact, I just finished the League Challenge in Red.

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    And also, is starter Pikachu able to evolve into Raichu?

He's not supposed evolve into Raichu, and rejects the stones if you try and evolve him, but there is a way if you cheat (kind of). Trade him into Red/Blue, give him a Thunder Stone, he'll evolve straight away! Then, if you want to, trade him back into Yellow. Yay! Raichu!

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
    I restarted my Yellow today. Haven't played it very much along with all of my older Pokemon games because I've been focused on Diamond and My Pokemon Ranch. One thing I don't understand is why people would to evolve their Pikachu. It's the Special Pikachu Edition after all, not Special Riachu Edition. If I wanted a Riachu I'd get another Pikachu from Red or Blue or something... I haven't played my Red or Blue games in a long time too... I think my Blue has a save file that's not my mine because I got it used.

Raika

Vaporeonologist
    Years
    Oh I still play RED (I lost my YELLOW cartridge :( ) And I'm going to get myself a supercheap N64 and PKMN STADIUM 2 so I can put all my pokémon (or the most important) on the stadium and restart my RED. I've got Missingno. on it too. But I heard Stadium 2 makes it a Ditto if you view it.. so Missingno. will be lost from my cartridge ;) I can still get it on my RED ROM on VBA ;)

I actually made 3 save files of RED on emulator: one for each starter, just to see how long it would take me on each of them to beat the Elite Four.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2011
    I'm pretty sure the fact that you can't move the Pokemon into DP takes away from going on the long treck to finding the ancient Colored games... IMO.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2009
    I play them all the time.
    I played blue the other day on my super nintendo using the super gameboy. It was really weird playing a pokemon game on a 48" HDTV.
    Pretty awesome though ;D

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2008
    I recently picked up Yellow again a couple weeks ago....been playing since then and I just got my 7th badge a couple days ago. After this I plan on getting Pokemon Crystal...

ScyKinG

Can't Be Touched
    Years
    Yes, I played the old games just last month. Me and my friends had a contest to see who could beat them first!

Years
    I haven't been playing the actual cartridges of the old games. However, I did download a ROM of Pokemon Green recently which I played through to its entirety. The people who translated the ROM into English...well, they didn't do a very good job. That turned out to be the most entertaining reason I'd play it. ^_^

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    I actually found a Blue Version in my backyard a couple of weeks ago (neighbors always throwing crap in my backyard) and popped that thing in my old GBA and played like crazy. Can't beat the classics.

Sexycheese

Bye :)
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    I still play yellow but I only use the gastly evloutions cuz I did it for a bet.
    I still play red in competative battles.
    I have no idea where blue is (my first pokemon game I played :( )
    Yeah the old games are good but the graphics are annoying and the quest is so short.

ScyKinG

Can't Be Touched
    Years
    I haven't been playing the actual cartridges of the old games. However, I did download a ROM of Pokemon Green recently which I played through to its entirety. The people who translated the ROM into English...well, they didn't do a very good job. That turned out to be the most entertaining reason I'd play it. ^_^

Same here, when I'm able to play a Rom, I play those more than the cartridges. There's something about even just a little tweak in a game that almost makes it new that makes it enjoyable for me.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2008
    I used to a lot when I was bored, but now I gave my Pokemon red to my niece. She... She has a Beedrill named Stringy. >>

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2014
    I restarted my Blue version a few weeks ago. I beat the Elite 4 in 11 or 12 hours. I still play Crystal version to make sure it's working properly (my Silver version died). After all, I have a lvl 88 Mew on there that I'll never be able to get again.

Back