• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Anybodys Gold/Silver/Crystal still working?

xXI JOE IXx

Mine is :D. I haven't even had to change its battery yet. Do they break when its saved for 7 years or just after 7 years that its made?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    All three of mine still work, however, Silver's never the right time. Oh well. As long as they still work, I am a happy camper.

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    Problems with the internal clock are a telltale sign that the battery is about ready to die altogether. I'd suggest moving all of your Silver pokemon to a different cart.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I don't have any way to, that's why I went ahead and did everything I could do in the game. It's my favorite, but I also heard that that was not a sign. It just...dies when it dies.

Also, I just checked it. It's perfectly fine, but it thinks it's 8 in the morning when it's actually 7 at night.

Years
    My original Gold Version still works great. Playing through it on a reset now.
    Same with one of my two Crystals. Both are pre-owned recent purchases.

The second Crystal works well enough. The main problem is the clock no longer works. Basically applies to the morning-day-night cycle. It only just
    switched over to morning.

As for my Silver? Dead. Does not keep save files. Otherwise works as long as power is feeding the play source. I'm just glad that Silver is an easy enough game in that 20 hours of play in a speed run can get me to Mt. Silver.

The Roshi

I must become stronger...
    Years
    My original silver died. My brother's gold died. But I have a working silver from my cousins right now. I don't play it though... it's really hard to play after getting used to 3rd gen graphics +

Velvex the Øverlørd

The Apparition
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2013
    Mine all work, except a few days ago Gold started acting weird, so it's probably around the time it starts deleting the files. But Silver which I've had for about 8 or 9 years, the oldest one of mine, is still working perfectly.

DestinyBender

Mana du vortes, aeria gloris.
    Years
    Lol, I own Crystal and Gold, they work perfectly ^^

But sometimes, my game won't connect to another. Odd :\

Heh, the secret is.. I, like, keep them in these little metal things. Keeps it working for me :3

~DB

Kamui

´
    Years
    My Silver's save got deleted... and doesnt save anymore.
    (Yellow is still working though o.o)

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    My originally bought sivler is sooo dead. wont keep any save state .
    i bought a silver over ebay and this still keeps it. I havent been far on that tho. I made the mistake to sell my perfectly mint gbc.so therefore the only i can play it on is a first gen gba which has a totally scratched screen(off ebay... didtnt see the scratches and sand on their photo at least... so the picture is dark and scratchy

Years
    Gold still works I believe. =D

Can't say the same for Silver though.. It doesn't let me save and deleted the saved file I had. D:

Years
    I still have my Gold silver and Crystal, crystal is dead, Gold and silver still work fine, for some reason I prefer the old games gfx compared to the new gens gfx. >.<

~Unknown

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
    silver does not save anymore, *is sad*

sucks, because i actually never finished playing through

Back